Free Laundry

chrism23

Hi, this is my second obnoxious post of the day.  We are leaving for 2 legs of the South American Grand Voyage at the end of January, from Lima to Rio.  While on board, after a week or so, we pass the magic 100 day barrier, that entitles us to free laundry.  Since we are on board for 31 days could be an issue.  Has anyone encountered this situation before?  And if so did SS (do the right thing) and provide free laundry.  Naturally my CC says, of course, no problem, sure, you got it.  This is just to double check.  Things have gotten a little confused some times at SS's home base.  Thanks. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, chrism23 said:

Hi, this is my second obnoxious post of the day.  We are leaving for 2 legs of the South American Grand Voyage at the end of January, from Lima to Rio.  While on board, after a week or so, we pass the magic 100 day barrier, that entitles us to free laundry.  Since we are on board for 31 days could be an issue.  Has anyone encountered this situation before?  And if so did SS (do the right thing) and provide free laundry.  Naturally my CC says, of course, no problem, sure, you got it.  This is just to double check.  Things have gotten a little confused some times at SS's home base.  Thanks. 

I just reached my 100 day point while I was on Whisper.....free laundry for the whole cruise😀They are aware that the actual day will be coming while it is the middle of the cruise and you are good to go. I also got a congratulatory phone call from the Future Cruise Consultant. I actually sent out clothes twice during the cruise and when I arrived home 99% of my stuff was all clean😀

• Like 1

6 hours ago, les37b said:

I would, but need the space for the Bulgari!!

You bring Bulgari ON, instead of dirty laundry??

I assume the joke is that you  meant to take it OFF.  I think it makes sense to take away already opened bottles of product, since they won't be able to pass those on to other pax anyway and have to just toss them.

There is of course nothing wrong with bringing dirty laundry on from your pre-cruise stay, and is anticipated (or so I was told).  People who are eligible for  "free" laundry are still paying, just in other ways .

A while back my TA offered to pay for my laundry on a cruise where I was not yet eligible for free laundry (instead of giving me $200 OBC).  I said fine.  However, this was a very hot weather cruise with plenty of outdoor walking, and she apparently did not anticipate that I belong to the "frequent sweaters" club, and would be changing my clothing 3x/day.  She should have stuck with the $200 OBC 🙂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, audobon_tx said:

We are on the Moon GV circumnavigating S. America in a veranda.  "Laundry" is listed as an amenity.  Gratis or pay as you go? 

It means it is included in the price of the voyage so you do not have to pay extra.  We had laundry done about every third or fourth day during our Grand Voyage and no additional charges were incurred.  Its a great benefit to taking a Grand Voyage.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2022 at 3:48 AM, chrism23 said:

Has anyone encountered this situation before?  And if so did SS (do the right thing) and provide free laundry.

When I hit the mark mid-cruise on the Wind, my butler was confused about my request but he asked his supervisor. He said I qualified for free laundry after that point. I believe he checked with the cruise consultant, who then apparently updated my Venetian account. I was surprised to get a rather large bill for laundry! The reception desk stood firm for awhile, saying they confirmed with the cruise consultant that I did not qualify. I was asked to show them my Venetian statement, and then they re-checked with the consultant and removed the charge.  

In short, my experience was different from most I saw recounted on this forum, but it was eventually resolved.

When we were reaching free laungry on board Silversea (@100 days, now near 300 days) and Regent (200 days, now everyone on Regent gets laundry included) had our Travel Agent verify with the cruiseline about a month b4 we boarded.