Starlink internet update

A Tucson Guy

I emailed Barbara Muckerman at SS asking  about when Starlink was coming to the Dawn since we board 11-21-22 in Lisbon. She said it was being done in December in Ft. Lauderdale. Also she confirmed that the Nova would have Starlink. Great news for those of us that need to stay in touch with the rest of the world.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ClefsDor said:

Muse? After a lengthy dry dock maybe this was done?

Muse and Shadow have spent the vast majority of their down time at sea, off the coast from Singapore/Malaysia. I guess there could have been opportunities but neither appears to have been in drydock.  Muse's first cruise back is less than 3 weeks away and Shadow's is eight weeks.

Edited by turtlemichael
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

You don't need a dry dock to install new internet – it's all above the water line!

I don't think anyone is saying you did need a drydock. But that would be an opportunity for it to occur. My reckoning, which may be wrong, is that both Muse and Shadow have to date had very brief visits to port for reprovisioning since they paused their cruising.

• Like 2

On 11/14/2022 at 9:54 PM, A Tucson Guy said:

I emailed Barbara Muckerman at SS asking  about when Starlink was coming to the Dawn since we board 11-21-22 in Lisbon. She said it was being done in December in Ft. Lauderdale. Also she confirmed that the Nova would have Starlink. Great news for those of us that need to stay in touch with the rest of the world.

The Dawn is scheduled to arrive into FLL at 07:00 on the 16th Dec and we depart at 19:00, so hopefully they can complete the upgrade in 12 hours! I assume it’s a hardware and software modification, so quite a tight timeframe, I’ll just keep my fingers crossed that all goes smoothly🙏

21 minutes ago, drron29 said:

Well the Moon is in Fort Lauderdale a few times from January to March next year so I hope she is fitted with Starlink when we board in Lisbon late March.

I hope so too, as I am boarding her on March 16th, staying on to Barcelona, so we'll be on at the same time drron!

• Like 2

On 11/15/2022 at 11:38 AM, turtlemichael said:

Muse and Shadow have spent the vast majority of their down time at sea, off the coast from Singapore/Malaysia. I guess there could have been opportunities but neither appears to have been in drydock.  Muse's first cruise back is less than 3 weeks away and Shadow's is eight weeks.

Muse is currently in dock in Singapore, in an area well away from the usual docks, and has been for a couple of days. Shadow is still off the coast.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/14/2022 at 5:54 PM, A Tucson Guy said:

it would appear she got her advice wrong as that schedule didn’t happen and still hasn’t happened. Annoying since we will be on in 8 weeks and really believed the official website announcement stating the entire fleet would be fitted by the end of March would happen.

Any chance you could reach out again and reply back to her email to ask if there was a new schedule known for the Dawn and the rest of the fleet. Many thanks.

2 hours ago, jmalux said:

During our Muse cruise in December/January we were told that Starlink had been installed, but it will only be activated in March.

That’s good news. We are on the Muse in April from Osaka. Thanks for the update.

@les37b Anecdotally, I don't believe there have been reports (here or on that other social media website) from passengers on any SS ships that Starlink is up and running yet. That doesn't help with when it's coming, but I think we'd have reports here if it got flipped on on any of the ships.