Gifts & Gear - Macarons?

BDL

2 hours ago, BDL said:

Has anyone purchased the French Macarons in gifts & gear?  How many did you get for $26 they're currently charging? Are they available anywhere else on the ship?

Thanks!

They have them in Luminae on the Chic Nights and are served with the chocolate plate before desert.   They also have an Amuse-bouche (not my favorite) mini-macron with blue cheese in-between. 

Not sure how many there would be. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

They have them in Luminae on the Chic Nights and are served with the chocolate plate before desert.   They also have an Amuse-bouche (not my favorite) mini-macron with blue cheese in-between. 

Not sure how many there would be. 

Thanks Jim,

I'll have to keep an eye out in Luminae.  We have a lot of OBC so I'm thinking of ordering them anyway.  Just don't want to pay $26 if it's only a few of them.  Hoping it's at least 10 for that price. Also hoping they're made traditionally so my gluten free daughter can have some too. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/27/2022 at 1:47 PM, gfkcruiser said:

I was on Solstice recently and did the Galley tour.  Saw the Macarons being plated and asked about them.  Was told it was for Suite passengers.  Disappointed!

Did you notice how many were on the plate?  Were they in a sleeve, a flat plate, something else? Did there appear to be an assortment or one flavor?  I'm considering these as a gift to friends sailing with us. They are on sale for my June cruise $21.99 - I'd be happy with 10 perfectly executed treats for that price. But, the presentation would need to be nice. 

On 12/27/2022 at 1:06 PM, phe8800 said:

I’ve just put in an order for these, using some of our OBC. Would be nice to know how many there are? If no one knows .. I’ll know on March 27th 2023 .. 

Looking forward to hearing about your experience.  Enjoy your trip!

27 minutes ago, DSJ28 said:

Did you notice how many were on the plate?  Were they in a sleeve, a flat plate, something else? Did there appear to be an assortment or one flavor?  I'm considering these as a gift to friends sailing with us. They are on sale for my June cruise $21.99 - I'd be happy with 10 perfectly executed treats for that price. But, the presentation would need to be nice. 

It was on a plate with other dessert items.  Guessing to be served at a meal or to a suite room. 

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2023 at 11:28 AM, 39august said:

Have never received macarons in a suite. Maybe have to ask for them? Cafe Al Bacio usually has macarons at the sweets counter a few times during all cruises I have taken,  up where they display the cookies.  

Cafe Al bacio has the coconut macaroons.  They are good but unfortunately they have not had macarons on my sailings. 

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, zitsky said:

Aren’t they just sugar?  I don’t get why people like them.  I bought some in Paris for a friend.  Laduree.

Egg white, almond flour and powdered sugar and if properly made they have a perfect thin crunchy shell with a a pillowy interior and a delectable filling. What I don’t understand is why people say the baked Alaska on Celebrity is so good. I love dessert and have many some incredible baked Alaska in the past and was so looking forward to it on an Alaskan cruise but it was… well not good at all.

Edited by SoloAlaska

If you have never had a good macaron then Celebrity’s will suffice.  I had my first macaron there several years ago and could not believe it was gluten free!  I came home, researched them and started making them.  They are difficult to make that’s why they are expensive.  Took me a few years to perfect them and now mine are in demand by friends and family.  Sometimes they still don’t come out right and my husband gets the macawrongs!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 2/14/2023 at 7:15 PM, shirazcruiser said:

On all of my Celebrity sailings, Luminae always had a pastry cart on Chic nights with assorted macrons, sweets and various homemade chocolates.  I always look forward to the macrons as they are delicious.

When was this?  We have been in Luminae off and on for 8 years and and have done 9 sailing since the restart in a suite and have never seen a pastry cart. 

8 hours ago, jelayne said:

When was this?  We have been in Luminae off and on for 8 years and and have done 9 sailing since the restart in a suite and have never seen a pastry cart. 

We've been sailing on X since 2015 in a suite and we've always had a fancy push that displayed various flavors of French macarons and different kinds of chocolates on Chic nights.  I always put a baggie in my purse on Chic night to bring some macarons back to the cabin for later. 

Edited by shirazcruiser
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, jelayne said:

They used to wheel it to your table for your selection.   Now it's generally just parked somewhere in the dining room and the waiter will bring you a small selection during desert.  Every Chic night I believe but definitely the last one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

They used to wheel it to your table for your selection.   Now it's generally just parked somewhere in the dining room and the waiter will bring you a small selection during desert.  Every Chic night I believe but definitely the last one.

Yes I remember the cart