Concierge Lounge on Embarkation Day

whoshwhosh

Unless the concierge is there to check your setsail pass and let you in, probably not. Normally people are eating as soon as they board and the rooms are ready with their sea pass card by the time they’re finished. Never been an issue for me. 

you can't get in without your card and you won't have your card until rooms are open. In the old days when you got your card at check in, I've stopped at the CL to leave my carry on and there's nobody in there. No snacks, just the coffee machine so you can get yourself a hot cuppa joe (or capaccino)

• Like 1

Both the CL and the DL on Jewel, (and all four Radiance ladies) are on deck 13, AKA Viking Crown Lounge deck.  

If the CL is not open (and 99% chance it won't be), you could simply hang out in the "open to all" Viking Crown Lounge next door.  It's a nice quiet lounge with a great view from floor to ceiling windows.  

That is what we do, and we are suites/Pinnacle.  

Edited by island lady
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Not in the Viking lounge, nope. No one should ever hang out here on embarkation day, way too crowded.

??!!   🤔

Crowded is in the WJ.   And the Solarium.  All tables packed.  Every time we have been on one of the Radiance ladies, and the OP is talking about Jewel out of PC...the VCL is empty.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

??!!   🤔

Crowded is in the WJ.   And the Solarium.  All tables packed.  Every time we have been on one of the Radiance ladies, and the OP is talking about Jewel out of PC...the VCL is empty.  

Yeah PreCV w/cards I'd sit in CL wait for WJ open, but VCL had/has been one my usual hangouts going back 30+ yrs back when Cards/Keys were originally in Cabins

• Like 1

OK, don't kill the messenger here, but the BIG doors going into the cabin areas are usually not locked.  I sometimes scoot in to grab my key, and then scoot out again.

Then, I go to the CL or DL, or SL.

Edited by pcur
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, pcur said:

OK, don't kill the messenger here, but the BIG doors going into the cabin areas are usually not locked.  I sometimes scoot in to grab my key, and then scoot out again.

Oh you naughty girl you.  😉 😄 

Happy Turkey Day!   

On 11/22/2022 at 5:10 PM, whoshwhosh said:

Staying in a Grand Suite on the Jewel in January. I understand the cabin may not be available when boarding. Is the concierge lounge available to hang out?  Any snacks or drinks available?

We're on the same cruise.  Hopefully we'll see you in the Concierge lounge to toast your anniversary.  

2 hours ago, pcur said:

We are on the current voyage and when we got to our cabin at opening the cards were not there. 5 minutes later the steward showed up with all the cards. 

• Like 1

On 11/22/2022 at 5:10 PM, whoshwhosh said:

Staying in a Grand Suite on the Jewel in January. I understand the cabin may not be available when boarding. Is the concierge lounge available to hang out?  Any snacks or drinks available?

Only coffee machine available unless you are in there for breakfast hours or evening cocktail hours. Snacks are not 24/7

8 hours ago, Scotty G said:

We are on the current voyage and when we got to our cabin at opening the cards were not there. 5 minutes later the steward showed up with all the cards. 

It's very unusual for that to happen, because they usually do a walkthrough to make sure everything is ready before opening the doors.

13 hours ago, pcur said:

We do the same thing.  We grab our cards out of the mail slot, drop off our carry on bags in the room, and lock passports and wallets in the safe.  Once done we head to the CL or SL. 

13 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

We do the same thing.  We grab our cards out of the mail slot, drop off our carry on bags in the room, and lock passports and wallets in the safe.  Once done we head to the CL or SL. 

I can see Pcur simply doing a quick grab of her cards...assuming they are there, and not lingering. 

But can you imagine ALL newly boarding pax walking through the hallways (that are supposed to be closed until cabins open later) dragging their carry on bags to find their cabins, all down the frantically busy hallway that is littered with bag of linens, trash, lots of carts, and stressed out crew members trying to get them ready on time?  And then staying in the cabin to get to the safe, etc.?  

I sometimes feel guilty going back to our cabin on TAD for a B2B.  We are quick about it, and the crew members already recognize us (and put up with us).  

29 minutes ago, island lady said:

I can see Pcur simply doing a quick grab of her cards...assuming they are there, and not lingering. 

But can you imagine ALL newly boarding pax walking through the hallways (that are supposed to be closed until cabins open later) dragging their carry on bags to find their cabins, all down the frantically busy hallway that is littered with bag of linens, trash, lots of carts, and stressed out crew members trying to get them ready on time?  And then staying in the cabin to get to the safe, etc.?  

I sometimes feel guilty going back to our cabin on TAD for a B2B.  We are quick about it, and the crew members already recognize us (and put up with us).  

She is encountering the same mess in the corridor as @DaKahunawhen she goes into the cabin corridor, neither one of them belongs in that area until it is opened.  SMH at the amount of cruise line rules a person ignores and publicly admits.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, island lady said:

This is something Celebrity dose and it works. I'm not sure why but it does. You are instructed to drop off your carry on(s) and leave. No lingering. Speaking only for ourselves, that's exactly what we do. Pick up our Seapass cards, drop off our carry on(s), stash a few things in the safe and color us gone. Head to a bar, have a drink or two and chill out. Then ~ 1:PM the general announcement is made that staterooms are open.  

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

She is encountering the same mess in the corridor as @DaKahunawhen she goes into the cabin corridor, neither one of them belongs in that area until it is opened.  SMH at the amount of cruise line rules a person ignores and publicly admits.

Agree..though was trying to be diplomatic about it.   Doors are closed and warning is listed for a reason.