What ship are you hoping will come to NJ?

What ship are you hoping will take on Port Liberty Bayonne 2024?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. As many of us eagerly await RCCL's announcement on Dec. 12th for deployment of Cape Liberty itineraries for summer 2024, here is what we do know! Carnival Cruise will have itineraries from NY aboard Carnival Venezia, and MSC will have itineraries aboard Meraviglia. These are 2 heavy hitters! RCCL must answer to that with 1 or 2 great ships to compete. The ships in the poll are ships that are not yet accounted for for summer 2024.e!

• Allure of the Seas
    • Mariner of the Seas
    • Freedom of the Seas
    • Harmony of the Seas
    • Symphany of the Seas
    • Liberty of the Seas
    • Serenade of the Seas
    • Independence of the Seas

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/13/2022 at 12:30 AM

Any of the Oasis class ships will be fantastic!  With that said, the 7 day Florida/Bahamas itinerary is getting quite old.  They should offer overnights in Coco Cay and skip the dreaded stop in Port Canaveral and (Nassau too). Or begin to offer longer (9/10 day) Caribbean itineraries and replace the 5 day Bermuda runs to 7 days. 

• Like 4

23 hours ago, JoeD67 said:

I don’t care.  Quality of people coming out of NJ/NY makes for an unpleasant trip.   Too often rude and overly aggressive.   I won’t consider those sailings any longer.  

I’m from NY, what’s your 🤬🤬🤬 problem???

😜😁😂🤣😁😁

(j/k if that wasn’t obvious….)

Edited by psac
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

9 hours ago, SailyaCruise said:

Any Oasis-class ship, preferably the newer ships.  I'm tired of flying to cruise on the big ships.

I seem to recall that Oasis had to have work done on her stacks so she could go under the bridge. If any other Oasis class ship comes to NJ. will they need the stacks adjusted/modified

• Like 1

On 12/4/2022 at 6:42 PM, cruise1957 said:

Unless it's a different itinerary, I don't care! Not a fan of Port Canaveral or Nassau, but it's hard to do anything further on a 7 day from New Jersey. 

Quantum/Anthem doing the 12 day Southern Caribbean were awesome.  Would absolutely be in, I don't mind the couple of cool days at beginning and end. 

3 minutes ago, CanadaRob said:

Quantum/Anthem doing the 12 day Southern Caribbean were awesome.  Would absolutely be in, I don't mind the couple of cool days at beginning and end. 

Those are now 11 nighters - they eliminated Barbados.  🤕

32 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

I know, which is why i really wish they could go 13 nights instead-maybe add Trinidad, not that it would happen, but it would be nice.  Heck I'd settle for a 12 with no Bermuda and Barbados added back. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, molsonschooner said:

I seem to recall that Oasis had to have work done on her stacks so she could go under the bridge. If any other Oasis class ship comes to NJ. will they need the stacks adjusted/modified

Symphony's stakes are hinged.  A completely different set up than Oasis. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CanadaRob said:

We did that a few years ago, it was a fantastic cruise. Had an awesome time. We were on Anthem

Edited by cruise1957

10 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

We do the 12 night out of Baltimore and get Barbados.  We've done it 4-5 times.  Recently, just this past April and going again this April.  Pretty sure we did one 12 night out of NJ on Explorer, but that was the only one.  The rest were 10 and 11 night.  We'll know soon what ship(s) and some will be disappointed I'm sure.  

As for the comment about quality of people out of NJ/NY, then maybe that poster shouldn't worry about what ship and this thread.

If I my wife and I could take 11-12 days off in a row I would love that option of an 11-12 night cruise from Bayonne.  It's a long drive from Michigan, ~11 hours but still saves a lot of airfare considering our family of 5, plus no airport hassles.

We're doing a cheap 7 night in March on the Anthem to get us to Diamond and to experience a Quantum class ship (Quantum;  we're also doing out of Seattle this upcoming summer to Alaska)

Dan

We'll be doing the 9 night Canada NE on Liberty Oct 2023. After that I thought Bar Harbor will no long be a port stop ? We've also done this itinerary on Anthem...not impressed.

Personally I would love to see the SnowBird itinerary offered again from Quebec City to Fort Lauderdale.. That was just an amazing itinerary.

As far as a new ship to Cape Liberty ... Harmony would be my choice.

23 minutes ago, Snick500 said:

Just off a cruise and our waiter said he was off Enchantment in 10 days for his 2 month break.  Then he was shifting to Liberty of the Seas out of NJ at his request.

The timing is off. Liberty doesn't get to Bayonne until the early May (not sure of the exact date).

The Anthem will finally change it's 11-Day winter itinerary and will stop at Puerto Plata and St. Thomas now instead of San Juan and Antigua. 

🤞 The rumors are true that Odyssey will replace her for the 2024-25 Winter season.

7 minutes ago, toad455 said:

The Anthem will finally change it's 11-Day winter itinerary and will stop at Puerto Plata and St. Thomas now instead of San Juan and Antigua. 

🤞 The rumors are true that Odyssey will replace her for the 2024-25 Winter season.

The new itinerary doesn't happen until 2024. Jan 2023 still has the old ones.

• Like 1