RCCL - Profits First. Never Mind Your Loyal Customers!!! Concierge / Lounge Service removed as a privilege for Diamond+

38 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

Just book a suite, then you get what you pay for 

CL should be for people that have paid for it in their cruise fare

Finally CL and SL for SUITES (Pinnacle’s when there is room)😉

I really am not getting all the hoopla, nothing has been lost other than a coffee machine, which is also In all DL’s

And you can have 4/5 drinks ANYWHERE in much nicer places 24/7 across the fleet consistently with all tiers of cruisers 👍🏻

If you fly economy, don’t expect access to the airport lounges 

Happy Days!
I can take the heat, wrath hoopla cheerleading Pom Poms 🤡 

"If you fly economy, don’t expect access to the airport lounges"

Unless it is a perk earned from the airline's award program.  I have no idea what a concierge lounge is or does, but clearly that is the issue here.  A perk was earned and now is being removed.  I can understand the complaint(s).   

BTW, the 5 drinks anywhere is a change we really like.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ldubs said:

Unless it is a perk earned from the airline's award program.  I have no idea what a concierge lounge is or does, but clearly that is the issue here.  A perk was earned and now is being removed.  I can understand the complaint(s).   

Cruise loyalty programs change.  They make changes you like; they also make changes you do not like.  They do not promise the same perks forever.  Enjoy them while they are in place.

I also like the 5 drinks a day very much.  As capacity limits had precluded me from accessing the CL on recent cruises, this new rule functionally changes nothing for me.

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Like 2

On the odd occasion we were not sailing in a suite, if we could not get into CL. /SL
It was no big deal 

Just found a bar that accepted coupons.

if I wanted a coffee, went to the DL

The drink coupons obviously as intended did not appease all, but probably for 95% of cc members did the trick

7 hours ago, welshrich said:

This just makes it official, we have sailed b2b on Radiance and Vision this year, a small amount of D+ on them and access to the CL was not allowed, we still like to visit the DL as we like the snacks in there and don't want to chance leaving more than 40 mins between eating!

I think I am in the minority in preferring the old HH system, a good tip would always secure a nice drink and one to take to dinner, I find that the drinks at the bars are all ice and sweet stuff.

I wonder whether RCI will eventually go all inclusive like other lines including Celebrity have done.

Celebrity back peddled on the all inclusive. You don't have to take it

Only ships we've had CL as D+ access were Vision class (EN and GR specifically).  It was never offered on other ships, not that it really mattered.  We preferred it on GR because it was in the VCL and had great views.   Doesn't really take anything from any D+.  CL's are identical to DL's in terms of what they offer.  Location was the only difference.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

Cruise loyalty programs change.  They make changes you like; they also make changes you do not like.  They do not promise the same perks forever.  Enjoy them while they are in place.

I also like the 5 drinks a day very much.  As capacity limits had precluded me from accessing the CL on recent cruises, this new rule functionally changes nothing for me.

Name a change anyone liked?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ldubs said:

4 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

7 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Name a change anyone liked?

See highlights above.  Many others have said they like the 5 drinks (or 4 or 6 depending on level) a day.  

Royal would have been smarter to eliminate the CL access at the same time they instituted the 5 drinks a day, but due to capacity limits it functionally it worked that way for me.  

We have also come to like the 2 free days of internet per D+ member (changed from minutes years ago).   It has worked well for us.

5 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

That famous Greek philosopher said "the only thing constant is change".   

Actually, for me it is 4 drinks, but I still like it.  

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Already are if too many a Sailing, think it's 50, was part of the release. I first made Diamond in 90's we had access to CL, was first on/off Ship also. Benefit's been going away for yrs now, C&A program too successful. Though as said before with the SOLO 340+ I get enough discount that like every 3rd or 4th Cruise is Free. Long as this stays I can live with other changes 

Didn't know RC had a loyalty program in the 90's ...I know Carnival didn't!!

10 hours ago, ldubs said:

That famous Greek philosopher said "the only thing constant is change".   

Actually, for me it is 4 drinks, but I still like it.  

For me too. Def an improvement over the drinks offered in the lounge, which I personally didn’t care for.  

• Like 3

7 hours ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Still losing free coffee drinks and bkfst in am, snacks 5 to 8, nice seating etc.

There was already a footnote about capacity and Royal was using it.  There is no pleasure in looking forward to having your choice of two lounges for coffee, breakfast, snacks and seating only to learn shortly after boarding that due to capacity restrictions you cannot access the CL after all.  If you really liked that lounge, it’s a bummer the first time it happens….worse than knowing way in advance, in my opinion.  

22 hours ago, welshrich said:

I wonder whether RCI will eventually go all inclusive like other lines including Celebrity have done.

I did some number crunching on NCL and Celebrity prices that include a "special" package of gratuities, unlimited beverage package, complimentary premium meals, and internet service. 

The package ended up being much more than if you were booking pre-cruise prices with RCI. They also based their 20% drink gratuities (please do not jump on me, call them whatever you want) on their estimated full daily price per person of $138. There is fine print which quietly makes the final bill quite shocking compared to the advertised room price. RCI bases it off of what you paid for it (and many savvy cruisers pay much less than $138/person/day).

My current cost per cabin per night is $200 or less. This includes 2 people, one GTY inside cabin, gratuities, and parking.  The package deal from Celebrity for same inside GTY cabin was $400+.

I would rather pick and choose my add-ons since there does not seem to be any savings bundling it.

I have read many posts concerning the loyalty perks from RCI. I treat them just as that, perks. The main reason I cruise is to spend dedicated time with my wife. If my perks were taken away, I would most likely still cruise and compare the prices the same way I do now.

• Thanks 1