🌐Serenade Ultimate World Cruise - 17 leg breakdown

John&LaLa

2 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

We always try to get new bills too, but last cruise the bank teller said they couldn’t do that, but she  went through what she had and gave us the best.

I just take what they give me...as long as they are intact.  😉 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

My challenge with the t-stat low is getting out of bed 🥶

Do you still have Ecobee and Alexa?  You can get them to work together.  When it's too cold to get out of bed, I just say "Alexa, set the upstairs temperature to 70" or whatever I like, roll over for a bit, then get up when it has warmed up.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I like new ones, but they often stick together

all the better for the servers 😉 

1 hour ago, island lady said:

I just take what they give me...as long as they are intact.  😉 

hubby  just went to the bank for some small bills spending money and he came home with a ripped ten dollar bill! That’s the same bank that didn’t have new dollar bills

• Like 1

9 hours ago, derorim said:

Do you still have Ecobee and Alexa?  You can get them to work together.  When it's too cold to get out of bed, I just say "Alexa, set the upstairs temperature to 70" or whatever I like, roll over for a bit, then get up when it has warmed up.

Yes, we chat a lot

My Ecobee was acting up in November, but it seems fine now

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

On 1/25/2023 at 7:40 PM, John&LaLa said:

I don't see it that way. Just trying to maximize revenue. Almost half the cabins are full trip folks from what I understand. Lots of folks doing segments. 

This is just the scraps

Scraps likes the interior/promenade you stayed in across from me on one cruise a couple summers ago?🤣

4 minutes ago, blackjack24 said:

Scraps likes the interior/promenade you stayed in across from me on one cruise a couple summers ago?🤣

Probably, but Serenade doesn't have Promenade cabins.

By booking early and for whole cruise I got an Ultra Spacious OV all to myself.

• Like 1

On 1/30/2023 at 10:26 PM, LadyZolt said:

But if you look at the link I posted, it says:  Guests who join us for one of the four expeditions will receive the following inclusions: • Deluxe Beverage Package for entire expedition • VOOM Wi-Fi for entire expedition • Gratuities for entire expedition • Wash and fold laundry service for entire expedition

I'm on the entire cruise and my invoice doesn't specifically mention gratuities, either.  But at least we do  have it there in the FAQ.  🙂

I am on leg 1 only. This sentence shows up on my invoice:  As part of your ROUND THE HORN: AMERICAS AND ANTARCTICA Expedition package, these gratuities for the full duration of the sailing are included, and guests will not see a daily charge onboard.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well, we're into April now and still no word on when these 17 smaller segments will become available.

All my cruise plans are on hold while I wait for the 'scraps' to appear.

Surely it has to be soon.

Anyone got any inside information?

21 minutes ago, Tatra603 said:

Well, we're into April now and still no word on when these 17 smaller segments will become available.

All my cruise plans are on hold while I wait for the 'scraps' to appear.

Surely it has to be soon.

Anyone got any inside information?

They are getting closer.  There was a meeting last Thursday.  On cruising power staterooms have changed from closed to waitlisted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I booked three shore excursions before the announcement of the "break down to 17" came out.  One is showing up on the website (technically the new first leg of 17), the other two are gone.  Luckily have the original email and printed out the receipt and confirmation, though I don't want to get on board and have them tell me they don't exist now.  

On 1/31/2023 at 11:39 AM, John&LaLa said:

We keep AC on around 75. Mainly to combat humidity. Below 72 and we're freezing

My DH will have a sweat shirt on here in Florida in the summer if I turn the AC to 75. Daytime its set on 78-80 and at night 76-78. Ceiling fans on constantly though. We lived in Texas for 20 years and both grew up in Louisiana so heat and high humidity are normal to us. At least we get the nice breeze off of the ocean here. We recently bought a home dehumidifier and I think it is going to make a difference.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, The sea calls my name said:

My DH will have a sweat shirt on here in Florida in the summer if I turn the AC to 75. Daytime its set on 78-80 and at night 76-78. Ceiling fans on constantly though. We lived in Texas for 20 years and both grew up in Louisiana so heat and high humidity are normal to us. At least we get the nice breeze off of the ocean here. We recently bought a home dehumidifier and I think it is going to make a difference.

We live in AZ. AC set at 79 24/7 plus run ceiling fans, even when it hits 115+ degrees, low humidity.

MN here.  A/C is set to 69 24x7. Furnace is set to 72 when we are awake and 64 at night. 

Between about 55 & 85, we will open the house up if the dew point is less than 50. Lower end, crack the windows, higher end, wide open. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

17 legs are supposed to be open now

@Ourusualbeach

Use wcfriends code for a 10% discount

Cannot afford the financial cost or the time to do the world cruise at this point in our lives, but I am excited to have got our awesome travel agent to get us a cabin for next July for 15 days with you on the Serenade.  No flowrider on the Serenade, so I should not injure myself on that cruise (hopefully) like I did on the Bella cruise.

• Like 2

Woohoo!!! 15 night Singapore to Dubai or 18 night Dubai to Athens.  I think it's going to be Singapore to Dubai though. Both are huge bucket list trips!  The dates work out better for the 15 nighter.

These are some awesome choices, and at pretty decent prices. Unfortunately I don’t think the dates will work for us this time, but I really hope they repeat this (or at least some of these itineraries) in the future. And I will be keeping an eye on the calendar in case things change. 

Edited by jacobtsf
  • Like 2

There's some really interesting cruises, going to unusual ports and mostly for 15 days or more. The Greenland transatlantic and the Singapore to Dubai look especially good. Hubby would be interested in the Japan cruise.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Apparently the individual segments are priced out at about half of the full cruise price.

Annoying

You did get some good perks on your whole world cruise,   though yes, I would be annoyed if the difference is that great 

• Like 2