The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday January 31st, 2023

StLouisCruisers

5 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

IMG_20230130_191248399_HDR.jpg

Just to be clear, the "Like" that I gave to your post was for the Tig, not for your disappointing dining experience.

I am thinking about boycotting your posts.  I get so jealous when I see that not only are you enjoying wines from outstanding makers, but they also have nice age on them.

• Like 18
  • Haha 8

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Not much change but I am concerned about bowel movements which usually require some straining and I don’t have the stamina.  I hope the Dr will have something useful.  Typing on the iPad is difficult so if someone would be willing to share an email with me I could update tha group along with family.  @kazu also has my email but I can’t ask her to do it now.

Roy 

You can ask me to do it, Roy - no problem.

Edited to say - oops reading back and I see you have reached others.  Sorry for the late post.  Had appointments today and just home.  (Nothing to do with the elbow).  

Not sure I can catch up on the Daily well enough right now - too tired.  Will try later.

Glad you are improving, Roy 👍 

• Like 25

Good morning all!

It's 33F and we had a little snow earlier.  Not much, it didn't last long or even stick.  Fine with me!

I haven't decided what to do for Backward Day -- and I always appreciate good art.  Seems like every day is Plan for Vacation day for me 🙂  I like the quote, will pass on the meal.  I like clam chowder, but wouldn't like green chilis in it.  Will pass on the red wine, the drink sounds good.  We've been to Alaska but not to Kodiak.  

Roy @rafinmdI'm glad the doctor is going to give you something for the problem -- I'm sure you already know that pain killers can cause that...😞

Welcome to the Daily @NodakboilerI hope we see more of you here!

Jack @HeartgroveI'm sorry to hear your DSIL tested positive.  I hope you and Sue continue to avoid getting it.

Today we have an appointment at noon with a blind company to measure and talk to us about installing a motorized blind for one of the skylights upstairs.  The sun tracks right over that skylight and in the summer lets in a lot of heat.  Best of all, the blind is a Christmas gift from our DS and DDIL 🙂  

Tomorrow I'll be at the dentist getting a filling and also he will remove a little bump inside my lower lip.  I have mixed feelings about that, it really isn't noticeable and hasn't caused any problem.  Not looking forward to it, but have put it off long enough.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, 

Thanks to everyone who keeps this thread going. It's snowing at the moment in my area of the PNW but it is lightening up. I've called the hospital to let them know I may be a bit later than normal. It's supposed to warm up in the next hour or two. 

DH is continuing his progress. He moved up to the next level in food after the swallow test yesterday so that's good. He also, during PT, sat up on his own and dangled his legs over the bed. He had great body control so that was good to see. I'm to bring in his shoes today when I go in. He's also a bit on the ornery side, which is unlike him, but that's ok. His heel wound is continuing to heal and I'm impressed with the coordination between the wound care center in Bellingham and our local hospital. 

Have a good day everyone! Off to take the oatmeal butterscotch cookies out of the oven and then get them ready to take in to the nurses. 

Karen

• Like 26
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, luvteaching said:

Good morning, 

Thanks to everyone who keeps this thread going. It's snowing at the moment in my area of the PNW but it is lightening up. I've called the hospital to let them know I may be a bit later than normal. It's supposed to warm up in the next hour or two. 

DH is continuing his progress. He moved up to the next level in food after the swallow test yesterday so that's good. He also, during PT, sat up on his own and dangled his legs over the bed. He had great body control so that was good to see. I'm to bring in his shoes today when I go in. He's also a bit on the ornery side, which is unlike him, but that's ok. His heel wound is continuing to heal and I'm impressed with the coordination between the wound care center in Bellingham and our local hospital. 

Have a good day everyone! Off to take the oatmeal butterscotch cookies out of the oven and then get them ready to take in to the nurses. 

Karen

Thanks for that update Karen.  I was just coming here to ask you about your DH's progress.  Any idea how long he will be hospitalized?

• Like 16

1 hour ago, smitty34877 said:

I am sitting here wondering why some of us wake at two am and others don’t start sleeping until then , Sandi and I are in the former category and Vanessa is in the latter. It makes for a long day either way.

I'm a combination 😂  My typical night is sleep 1-3 hours, awake 1-3 hours (or longer) then sleep a few hours.  Last night I slept 1 hour, was awake 3 hours, then slept 4-5 hours.  Not enough sleep and yes it makes for a long day!  

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

For art day, I am celebrating the fact that I am lucky enough to have all originals in my house.  Between my friend Bob and my sister Sue, we have decorated the walls with their masterpieces.  We have a few more from Sue that are coming down with her each time she does.  

@rafinmd Sorry to hear there isn't much improvement, but as others have said, you are where you need to be.  I'm just happy you had the sense to call for the ambulance.  Many of us wouldn't,  thinking this too shall pass.  

I'm a combination sleeper like @Cruising-along Carolyn.  Mine isn't every night.  Most nights I fall asleep and then wake up every hour.  Generally I manage to get back to sleep.  Of course, I have that pain in my side that might account for some of it.  Then there are the nights where I can't get to sleep at all.  It isn't because I had a late coffee.  My last coffee of the day is after lunch.  It may be related to the high cortisol levels.  Usually cortisol goes down in the evening so you can get to sleep and goes up in the morning so you wake up.  Mine seems to be high no matter when.  So, if I have high cortisol when my thyroid is cycling high, I am doomed.  

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Linda, nice to hear from you this morning.  I hope the Grand Voyage is everything you expected and more!

Thanks Roy.  Should have said Drake Passage but I guess it really could be considered a strait.  I looked up the location of Dallmann Bay and even found a map.  It's near Gerlache Strait.  Lower left corner of the map between the two larger islands.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIpXllmMsNvXFciXmrUh5HpaAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1675180698

I'm guessing a nice hotel or resort someplace.  Maybe Lake District which wouldn't be too, too far from Sarah.  

It sounds like a good investment for you.  Good luck with that shoulder surgery when the time comes.

Would Fawn act the way she does if she had an ear infection, or a bad case of ear mites?  That would make me miserable for sure.  And I agree Graham's @grapau27food pics look delicious.  Hope they're having a great time!

So sorry to hear of DSIL's new Covid diagnosis.  Hopefully Sue won't come down with it too.  And that's a lovely photo she took.  Thanks for sharing.

Joy, glad you're feeling better this morning.  It didn't sound like much fun!  And how nice you had friends come by while gone to keep Allen company and they brought food for you two.  Sorry about your weather there.  DS is not happy this morning because they told him they wouldn't be cancelling any practices, but they did already this morning.  If they cancel all week it will be a wasted trip.  Fingers crossed for the guys and the folks in the area struggling with the weather.

Vanessa, when you're falling asleep at 2 a.m., I'm waking up and staying mostly awake for the remainder of the night.  What is wrong with us?  🤷‍♀️  Hope you don't have to drive in or shovel the snow, and it melts quickly.

Charlene, I agree the 14 day Alaska cruise is a great one.  That's when we visited Kodiak, too.  As for company, I bet you get lots of people who want to visit Florida during the winter and spring break.  Hope you have enough guest rooms.

Sorry to hear about the puppy dumping.  Very sad especially in cold weather.  People can be so mean!  My wonderful DH is my accountant (Lol) and got everything put together and sent in to Federal and State last week.  I don't know what I'd do without him.

Thanks for all the photos posted today.  They're all great!  And I'd also like to welcome @Nodakboiler to the Daily.  It's always nice to see who is lurking out there afraid to pop in.  We're pretty harmless!😇

Thank you Sandi @StLouisCruisers

Unfortunately I cannot say too much at the moment but we do like eating out.

Graham 

• Like 14

9 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

Okay, I’m going with P&O and that you’re somewhere in the Med.  Yesterday’s port was in Italy.

I think you said not P&O but I insist.  😂

I am guessing a resort somewhere.  

Roy

• Like 16

It’s turning out to being a long day of travel. Didn’t make first flight due to weather. Got to a rebooked to Atlanta and as we were boarding the plane the next plane was declared dead and a no go. Changed terminal and now awaiting another flight to Cancun.

Hopefully this one is a go!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 9

Wow! For once, one of the days applies. I’m making a huge pot of clam (geoduck) chowder for a meeting tomorrow. Some will be kept as plain potato soup. If you don’t know what a geoduck (gooey duck) is, be sure to Google it. We dug them last summer.

Be well-or get well everyone. Can’t believe January is over already!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

In the past Graham has mentioned two reasons why he doesn't discuss being away from home until his return.  One is Pauline prefers he not discuss it and two is insurance companies request homeowners not broadcast their home is vacant.  We should probably honor his wishes, even if we are curious!🤔

• Like 14
  • Thanks 8

2 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

In the past Graham has mentioned two reasons why he doesn't discuss being away from home until his return.  One is Pauline prefers he not discuss it and two is insurance companies request homeowners not broadcast their home is vacant.  We should probably honor his wishes, even if we are curious!🤔

It’s okay.  I know.  I was just playing.  I knew he wasn’t going to answer.  I’ll stop now.

• Like 11

30 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

It’s turning out to being a long day of travel. Didn’t make first flight due to weather. Got to a rebooked to Atlanta and as we were boarding the plane the next plane was declared dead and a no go. Changed terminal and now awaiting another flight to Cancun.

Hopefully this one is a go!

Oh no!  Let us know when you arrive safely, and yes we can wait until tomorrow.  Hope you get there soon!

8 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

It’s okay.  I know.  I was just playing.  I knew he wasn’t going to answer.  I’ll stop now.

Graham is pretty darn good at keeping his promises to Pauline!

• Like 16