Smoking on the baclony

14 minutes ago, molsonschooner said:

I know and fully understand the policy and agree 100% with it. So, I am asking for a friend of my wifes, is smoking on the balcony allowed on other cruise lines. This person apparently was told by someone that it was ok to smoke on the balcony. 

It might be best to ask on other cruise lines' boards.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, molsonschooner said:

I know and fully understand the policy and agree 100% with it. So, I am asking for a friend of my wifes, is smoking on the balcony allowed on other cruise lines. This person apparently was told by someone that it was ok to smoke on the balcony. 

I used Google to search for "Is smoking allowed on cruise ship balconies" and the very first link was

https://cruiseweb.com/blog/2019/10/smokers-guide-to-smoking-cruise-line-policies/#:~:text=Most public areas on board,as other designated smoking areas.

Which states  "Most public areas on board, as well as guest suites, are smoke-free. Guests must refrain from smoking anywhere inside the ship, including in guest suites, on verandas and balconies. Smoking of electronic cigarettes is permitted in guest suites, as well as other designated smoking areas."

39 minutes ago, molsonschooner said:

By another smoker. 🙄 Along with RC, Celebrity and Princess do not allow smoking on the balcony. 👍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Guest phd1003
49 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Smoking of electronic cigarettes is permitted in guest suites, as well as other designated smoking areas."

This is from  the Royal Caribbean website:

"Electronic cigarettes or e-cigarettes are only permitted within the designated smoking areas."

Your search result also appears to be from 2019

Been basically smoke free near our balcony on Voyager the last couple of weeks...luckily.  Though two days ago, I smelled it...saw the culprit and then saw him toss the lit ciggy butt off his balcony (which could have easily blown back into another balcony in the wind we had).  And of course adding litter and fire danger to his actions.  Sure...pollute our seas as well.  Crap head.  

Two of us yelled at him...and of course he ignored us...as he did the rules.  Selfish.  

1 minute ago, island lady said:

As long as you can figure out their cabin number.  

We've encountered one smoker smoking on their balcony a few years ago. Lucky for us and not for the smoker as they/he/she/it were in the cabin next to ours. One call to GS and that ended that.  

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, island lady said:

As long as you can figure out their cabin number.  

Yeah, when the smoker is close it can be pretty easy.  It is harder if they are multiple decks/cabins away; hopefully someone closer steps up.  I’ve reported 2 smokers.  One was right next to us on NCL on windless day 1 before sailaway.  The other was smoking on BW balcony across from us, tapping his ash carelessly, so I just snapped photos and strolled down to GS.  People always say there’s no privacy on those balconies.

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

I used Google to search for "Is smoking allowed on cruise ship balconies" and the very first link was

https://cruiseweb.com/blog/2019/10/smokers-guide-to-smoking-cruise-line-policies/#:~:text=Most public areas on board,as other designated smoking areas.

Which states  "Most public areas on board, as well as guest suites, are smoke-free. Guests must refrain from smoking anywhere inside the ship, including in guest suites, on verandas and balconies. Smoking of electronic cigarettes is permitted in guest suites, as well as other designated smoking areas."

I wouldn't trust 3+ year old info from a random cruise website.  Notwithstanding, the shaded text is wrong, at least on most lines.  Most, if not all, treat vaping just smoking cigarettes and prohibit it in the same areas they prohibit smoking.

Although you're probably less likely to get caught vaping because the stench isn't as bad as cigarettes, unless you're vaping for instance marijuana.

5 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

I wouldn't trust 3+ year old info from a random cruise website.  Notwithstanding, the shaded text is wrong, at least on most lines.  Most, if not all, treat vaping just smoking cigarettes and prohibit it in the same areas they prohibit smoking.

Although you're probably less likely to get caught vaping because the stench isn't as bad as cigarettes, unless you're vaping for instance marijuana.

Smoking both in a previous life, I prefer the smell of marijuana over the stench of cigarettes. Vapers, smokers need to stick to the authorized smoking areas. If not...

5 hours ago, molsonschooner said:

This is a RCCL board. Smoking is not allowed on their balconies. Smoking is only allowed in designated areas on the ship. And not all passengers comply with that because they are special.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

People who want the ban enforced should be prepared to call guest services to report violations.

I start by saying really loudly "I can't believe that anyone would be stupid enough to smoke on their balcony", then move on to calling security. Rarely does it take a second call. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, baileybrad said:

This is a RCCL board. Smoking is not allowed on their balconies. Smoking is only allowed in designated areas on the ship. And not all passengers comply with that because they are special.

I know it is an RCCL board, I know the policy on Royal ships. I was asking about policies on other cruise lines

11 minutes ago, molsonschooner said:

I know it is an RCCL board, I know the policy on Royal ships. I was asking about policies on other cruise lines

Ask on the boards for the other cruise lines if you think you will get a different answer.  

Above someone stated that it's universal across all cruise lines, at least for the last 7 years.