The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday March 7th, 2023

28 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Good day and thanks all!  I actually slept very well in my own bed, nice to be home and appreciate the comforts minus the leaking toilet, argggh!  Plumber coming soon.  
I was grateful everyone in our cabin on the plane was masked, so fingers crossed we stay safe.  I’ve heard of too many flying while sick. 
@ottahand7 hope you continue to stay safe, 
@RedneckBob happy birthday, even with jet lag I couldn’t miss that!  Even if I wanted to😉
@kazu sending hugs that all is well 
@Cruzin Terri I hate having tons of people in my house so I hear you.  
@dfish hope all goes well with your scan.

You made me laugh out loud!  

Thanks bennybear. You might wish to consider your last statement . 😀

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

Ok, now that we are near the end of another great day on this CC thread, please respond to following.

Please raise your hands if you are glad that RNB’s birthday happens only once a year!

🙋‍♀️

Just kiddin' you, @RedneckBob!  Birthdays are our fun days!😄

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

Back from my Diabetic eye exam, and happy that everything looked very good. (finally a doctor's appointment with no bad news) 😅  No glaucoma, and the cataracts are no worse than last year and not bad enough for surgery yet.  Eyes are still dilated but inside the house it isn't bad.  

Brenda @bennybearWelcome home and thank you for the lovely photos over the past few weeks.

Lenda @Quartzsite CruiserI would love to emulate my dear Dad too but so far I seem to be following in my Mother's footsteps with the Diabetes and high blood pressure.  Dad's sister also lived to 100, amazing! 

Sharon @Sharon in AZYour Mom is another one who doesn't look her age.  I love it how she takes great interest in her shopping! 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

Ok, now that we are near the end of another great day on this CC thread, please respond to following.

Please raise your hands if you are glad that RNB’s birthday happens only once a year!

Can’t wait for next years but I’ll be far away somewhere on the World Cruise. Think they have Sonny’s BBQ in Hong Kong?

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

3 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Can’t wait for next years but I’ll be far away somewhere on the World Cruise. Think they have Sonny’s BBQ in Hong Kong?

I have had some great BBQ in Hong Kong aliaschief, but it was at Sun Ni's, a nice Szechuan place.  I wonder if RNB is still counting the raised hands, or he has figured out that he can't really see us with our hands raised.

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, travelnap said:

I have had some great BBQ in Hong Kong aliaschief, but it was at Sun Ni's, a nice Szechuan place.  I wonder if RNB is still counting the raised hands, or he has figured out that he can't really see us with our hands raised.

One can never underestimate @RedneckBob wizardry!😎

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

Good afternoon, a fun day here thanks to @RedneckBob!  Happy birthday! 🙂  I also had a problem getting on CC this morning.

Have a great rest of the day.  I'm getting ready to teach a class to our 6th graders tomorrow.  We have 9 teachers and 14 students...9 boys and 5 girls.  We're going to make a pillowcase and then if we still have time, a little table runner.  We have 5, 1 hour classes to accomplish this!  Karen

• Like 16

Today is Purim, one of the two Jewish holidays when it is proper to have fun. It's based on the book of Esther, which is probably spurious, but no one cares. The observance entails chanting the entirety of
Esther in Hebrew during the morning service, but the celebration is sort of a combination of Halloween and April Fools. We have a joke in the synagogue about its being a festival for sober contemplation and reflection, and playing off that I dressed in dark suit and white shirt as a costume.

I guess that cereal is OK, but I'll pass on the roast of pork. Peace Corps Day was last week.

Pad Thai might be OK, no tequila for me, Pinot Noir is always welcome, I haven't been to that part of Norway.

I haven't started my income-tax filing yet -- I usually wait until about March 15, because when I don't, I usually receive a corrected Form Something-or-Other right after filing.

But I am thinking about travel in 2024 and 2025, and it's making my head hurt. I have a booking on the Anthem of the Seas to the southern Caribbean, 11 nights, in January. I'm also planning a trip (obviously not a cruise) to Moab, Utah, in the spring or fall, for Arches and Canyonlands national parks. After June 30, my schedule will be more flexible, but I plan to travel less than I have in the past year or so and, if possible, to fly no more than once a year.

morningkiss.thumb.jpg.0fc43fc6b4056e750d185ab55b1691d0.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 12

6 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Thanks Vanessa, I am sure it must be all the stuff we have been doing.  i think I may have done something to my back.  I have been moving and lifting things, crawling under places and God knows what.  I probably strained myself in some way but don’t remember how.  All I know is that it hurts a lot.  I just have to wait for it to heal.  The pain meds are not helping at all.

One more dose.  If they don’t kick in, I will stop them.

Terri

When we throw out our backs we use Bio Freeze.  Works well for us.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ktbraun said:

Good afternoon, a fun day here thanks to @RedneckBob!  Happy birthday! 🙂  I also had a problem getting on CC this morning.

Have a great rest of the day.  I'm getting ready to teach a class to our 6th graders tomorrow.  We have 9 teachers and 14 students...9 boys and 5 girls.  We're going to make a pillowcase and then if we still have time, a little table runner.  We have 5, 1 hour classes to accomplish this!  Karen

Thanks ktbraun. 

• Like 8

Today March 8th, is International Womens Day, a reminder that New Zealand women were the first in the world to be given the right to vote in 1893. 

All people who were unacounted for after Cyclone Gabrielle have now been located. 

Have never cooked a Pork Crown Roast, we cook pork roasts in the BBQ. 

Thanks for mentioning another New Zealand wine, from the southern North island.

@RedneckBob Happy Birthday, hope you have had a super day.

@smitty34877  what news of the visit to the Cardiologist ? Hope that a suitable new aide will soon be found for Tana.

Last night was Census night, this morning walked along to the postbox with our completed papers.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

@USN59-79Not sure if i needed it, but it certainly tried to teach me a lot,  It was a class on sexual harassment, on both the employee and managerial side of how to deal with it in the work place.  I took another company's test two years ago, and aced it.  This one was a bit different because it discussed transgender, bi sexual and non sexual, and after an hour I was still confused.  If you think you are a girl, you are a girl, if you think you are boy, then you are a boy, and if you dont know, then I dont either, but if someone harasses you for not knowing, then that's harassment.  

My boss said the class was 50 minutes, the test is set for 50 minutes, but then they ask questions that have to be answered throughout the entire session, and there is a test at the end.

Years ago (in another life, job, marriage and decade) I had to fire a young man for sexual harassment.  He would stand under the stairs  and look up the ladies' dresses.  One person complained to me, and I pulled him aside, and told him that that behavior was not be had in our offices.  And yet a week later, I saw him doing the same thing, and another employee complained to me, and I fired him.  Two months later I got a call from a potential employer, and since you are limited to what you can say about an employee I simply verified that he had worked for me from start date to end date.  He thanked me, but curiosity got the better of me, and I asked him what the young man would be doing in his new job.  He said working in the pit at a car garage.  I told him he would be perfect for the job.  😁

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, erewhon said:

Today March 8th, is International Womens Day, a reminder that New Zealand women were the first in the world to be given the right to vote in 1893. 

All people who were unacounted for after Cyclone Gabrielle have now been located. 

Have never cooked a Pork Crown Roast, we cook pork roasts in the BBQ. 

Thanks for mentioning another New Zealand wine, from the southern North island.

@RedneckBob Happy Birthday, hope you have had a super day.

@smitty34877  what news of the visit to the Cardiologist ? Hope that a suitable new aide will soon be found for Tana.

Last night was Census night, this morning walked along to the postbox with our completed papers.

Thanks

• Like 2