Oasis of the Seas Live - We’ve been Saved by the Bell 🐾🐾 March 12-19, 2023. ​​​​​​​

When I started reading and following along, there were just 9 pages, which is bad enough -- then we had dinner -- now at 14!  But now I'm caught up and wish you nothing but smooth seas and memories of the fun times you'll have!!  In that vein, we had some Kraken with our Diet Cokes -- hubby is hooked now!  Can we get a Kraken and DC in the theater?

Questions for @Momof3gurlz and @jk04, 1)  We grew up in RI, too!  Have lived in Virginia (northern) since 1976, but RI is still "home."  East Greenwich for me and Warwick for DH.

2)  jk04, is that a red wheaten Scottie in your profile pic?  We have an 11-yo all black male.  Sometimes hard to tell with such a small picture, but the size and ears, make me think so.

Safe travels for everyone not in Miami yet!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, joand452 said:

When I started reading and following along, there were just 9 pages, which is bad enough -- then we had dinner -- now at 14!  But now I'm caught up and wish you nothing but smooth seas and memories of the fun times you'll have!!  In that vein, we had some Kraken with our Diet Cokes -- hubby is hooked now!  Can we get a Kraken and DC in the theater?

Questions for @Momof3gurlz and @jk04, 1)  We grew up in RI, too!  Have lived in Virginia (northern) since 1976, but RI is still "home."  East Greenwich for me and Warwick for DH.

2)  jk04, is that a red wheaten Scottie in your profile pic?  We have an 11-yo all black male.  Sometimes hard to tell with such a small picture, but the size and ears, make me think so.

Safe travels for everyone not in Miami yet!

We had a Wheaten Scottie at our groomer in Merritt Island. Sweet dog, but the biggest teeth I've ever seen on a dog.😱

7 minutes ago, Razl said:

Packed & they r heading for the Linc soon. Get it all done tonight because at 3 AM, just getting self up & out the door will be an undertaking. Lol

16784975339068982558432321543399.jpg

Love the suitcases. Easy to pick out at bag claim.

• Like 5

To all of my friends who are about to depart on this awesome week of cruising.... a toast to all of you with this  Kraken Alexander... the first one that I ever made on my own! I wish you fair winds and following Seas. And to those of us staying home this week, I toast you too. I know we all wish that we were going too.

20230310_202349.thumb.jpg.099a91526526f92db13a0ed21fd5a77f.jpg

• Like 41
  • Thanks 7

11 minutes ago, joand452 said:

Lacey is actually a Silky Terrier. She was still under 2 in this pic and hadn’t yet grown into her ears. But, her ears are on the larger side. She is now going on 14, mostly deaf with cataracts. The pups are keeping her young. 😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maggieq said:

I may have missed this but please share what resort/hotel this is. Thanks!

We have stayed at Margaritaville in Hollywood, FL multiple times and loved it. It is my favorite hotel in the area. It is on the Broadwalk. Super fun atmosphere with easy beach access.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BND said:

Hey all,  I want food reports.  On FB (dining page) there are extremes.  Either raves about how good or complete rants about how bad.  People complaining about cold food (that also happened before the new menu) and selections.  Someone said almost no veggies (I don't buy that).  

On Wonder the veggies were 4 undercooked slices of carrots and a branch of a broccoli tree. Every night. 
I sawed on the  broccoli, but was unable to penetrate the stalk. 
One  night they did add corn, but the corn and the almost puréed sweet potatoes were covered by sliced turkey. 
I do not like my food stuck together!

And I never thought I would think turkey was the best thing on a cruise menu!

For people who like spicy food, the Indian dishes would be great. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

You'll lose an hour tomorrow night

Plan accordingly 😉

I know, not happy about it but will suck it up to be on the ship.  Needed to be up early today for our drive south, not what vacation is supposed to be.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Razl said:

Oh and RCL's crystal blocks?  I was told by a TSA guy, after I forgot to get it out of the carry on, that it looks like a block of C4.  Oh my!

When I returned home last month from Odyssey with a block I was expecting to find a note in my luggage that it had a TSA search but it was not.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

To all of my friends who are about to depart on this awesome week of cruising.... a toast to all of you with this  Kraken Alexander... the first one that I ever made on my own! I wish you fair winds and following Seas. And to those of us staying home this week, I toast you too. I know we all wish that we were going too.

20230310_202349.thumb.jpg.099a91526526f92db13a0ed21fd5a77f.jpg

How was it? I am going to have one on Oasis.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

How was it? I am going to have one on Oasis.

Honestly, I think it is awesome. And, I am about to go make the second one I've ever made.

I'd love to know the opinions of all of you who venture to try one as to what you think!

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, jk04 said:

Lacey is actually a Silky Terrier. She was still under 2 in this pic and hadn’t yet grown into her ears. But, her ears are on the larger side. She is now going on 14, mostly deaf with cataracts. The pups are keeping her young. 😀

Speaking of ears. This is the oldest Bell picture I have. Still had a floppy ear. Summer 2011. She'll be 12 in May. 

Screenshot_20230310-205052_Instagram.thumb.jpg.164e1422ed0eca6cb381f5c2bc034ac2.jpg

She also was tasked with keeping our old Westie (Chewie) young. They were a pair.

• Like 34
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

Honestly, I think it is awesome. And, I am about to go make the second one I've ever made.

I'd love to know the opinions of all of you who venture to try one as to what you think!

Day 1 no doubt, maybe an entire Kraken day

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Speaking of ears. This is the oldest Bell picture I have. Still had a floppy ear. Summer 2011. She'll be 12 in May. 

Screenshot_20230310-205052_Instagram.thumb.jpg.164e1422ed0eca6cb381f5c2bc034ac2.jpg

She also was tasked with keeping our old Westie (Chewie) young. They were a pair.

Great picture. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BND said:

Hey all,  I want food reports.  On FB (dining page) there are extremes.  Either raves about how good or complete rants about how bad.  People complaining about cold food (that also happened before the new menu) and selections.  Someone said almost no veggies (I don't buy that).  

Lobster tail tonight was delicious.  Mexican night(last night) I had salmon.. salsa on top was way too spicy for me.  I do wish they never changed the menus.  Jim said food this week was so-so.waiter did ask if we wanted 2nd lobster tail,  but we were well sated.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

A little side project for the week, just to keep my busy🤣

Going to attempt to hook up a travel router. No idea what I'm doing. This was recommended 

20230310_211424.thumb.jpg.dc30c4df35ccdb2aaee257b82cd19b0c.jpg

I may ask for some not to technical help, but not till I'm on the ship and frustrated😉

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, ramja96 said:

Great video ..... however ...... surely, I'm not the only one who noticed the spelling error.  Ourusalbeach??? 🤣

1 hour ago, Razl said:

HAHA -- I am now Razi not RAZL but lots of folks mistake the L for an I.

I know, right? I was listed as "Ann Moore". 😉

Edited by CruiszBug
  • Haha 2