Confiscated Items

MayorDrafty

Nose hair scissors?  Can't the guy just trim those before cruising?   Bogles my mind sometime the things people feel entitled to cart aboard cruise ships and airlines.  Ever see the amount of and nature of stuff TSA hauls in daily at small airports?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Nose hair scissors?  Can't the guy just trim those before cruising?   Bogles my mind sometime the things people feel entitled to cart aboard cruise ships and airlines.  Ever see the amount of and nature of stuff TSA hauls in daily at small airports?

They have the best Instagram page detailing their finds. 

We had two non-surge protector power strips confiscated as well as a roll of duct tape (we have an old suit case and it needs help at times) all at Tampa.

They said that the duct tape could be used to restrain a person.

This was all in my bag with two twelve packs of soda and three bottles of wine.  When they opened it up I thought they were going to check the soda.  Did not even look at the soda boxes or wine. 

25 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Probably the most overused word on this forum is "entitled"

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, LHARTWICK said:

Exactly - another example is CCL says marijuana is prohibited, yet it's used all over their ships.  

I will have to compliment Carnival on their use of drug sniffing dogs.  Last month we did a S2S Mardi Gras to Magic at Port Canaveral.  There were no dogs when we boarded Mardi Gras, but the next week they had everyone line up with their carry-ons in front of them and had a dog pass by before we boarded Magic. 

Mardi Gras wreaked of marijuana every day.  One night we were sitting towards the back of the theater and started noticing marijuana smell.  A couple of minutes later, the smell made its way to the stage and the CD made an announcement to cease and desist.  After a couple of more minutes, the CD called for security, but they were not able to locate the offender.

Next week on Magic, we never once noticed marijuana smell.

• Like 3

In January, port of Miami was getting anxious about our small tower fan. Had to call head of security to get approval. We have used this on ten different cruises without question. 

Same security officer had us unroll our canvas door banner. apparently, the brass grommets were suspect. Really a little extra ambition from security. 

It really depends on who is checking, and not what you are bringing. 

Has anyone ever had their melatonin gummies (or other vitamin gummies) mistaken for adult special gummies?

I packed last night and just put my melatonin gummies in a non-discript ziplock baggy and now am a bit worried they will be misidentified???????

36 minutes ago, cacruisin said:

Has anyone ever had their melatonin gummies (or other vitamin gummies) mistaken for adult special gummies?

I packed last night and just put my melatonin gummies in a non-discript ziplock baggy and now am a bit worried they will be misidentified???????

Since I travel from outside the U.S. I have to go through customs so I take all medications in their original packaging. Just for this reason. Is there a label you could add to the bag?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cacruisin said:

Put them back in the original container and pack that.  It's not too large is it?

• Like 2

Port of Tampa - my husband had a very small pair of mustache/beard scissors confiscated.  Those scissors have been on upteen cruises before that - many out of the same port.   It just depends on who you get at the x-ray machine.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Florings said:

Port of Tampa - my husband had a very small pair of mustache/beard scissors confiscated.  Those scissors have been on upteen cruises before that - many out of the same port.   It just depends on who you get at the x-ray machine.

Like a random mall cop with extra "powers"...

Tom

• Like 4

Sorry, I don't consider myself "entitled" for bringing small mustache/beard scissors.  I have a very nice tight beard and I want it to look good beyond day 1 of the cruise.  Men's hair grows fast when you get old, and not where it's needed!!  LOL!!

• Like 5

11 hours ago, cacruisin said:

They won’t smell like it. I wouldn’t worry. 

Guest BasicSailor
1 hour ago, EarloftheSeas said:

Sorry, I don't consider myself "entitled" for bringing small mustache/beard scissors.  I have a very nice tight beard and I want it to look good beyond day 1 of the cruise.  Men's hair grows fast when you get old, and not where it's needed!!  LOL!!

Come on man 😁 shave the beard and grow it back when you get off the ship.😉

Edited by BasicSailor

9 hours ago, GrannyJ said:

My sister had her nail clippers confiscated a few years ago.  So she had to buy another pair in the ship gift shop.  Same clippers.  What a great scheme to get you to have to buy stuff on board, huh?

I was thinking the same thing!  I actually forgot my beard scissors on my last cruise, and had the spa do a beard trim ($30).  What a great racket if they confiscate the scissors to drive traffic to the spa lol!

On 3/24/2023 at 11:36 AM, cacruisin said:

Melatonin in one thing and yes, keep in original packaging.

As for adult gummies, I'd keep them in my carry on if you want to take that shot and claim ignorance.

22 hours ago, Florings said:

I always bring scissors and have never had a problem.  I always keep a small pair of scissors in a little sewing kit, and I usually also have a full-size pair of either standard ones or kitchen utility scissors in my suitcase.  I never try to hide them and have never been questioned about them on over 40 cruises.