Drinks not on menus

2 hours ago, Barbara60 said:

What are some drinks you like to order on board that are not on the menu? Mohito Cosmopolitan, Caiparinia, are some of my favorites.

Classic Mojitos, Cosmos and Caipirinhas can all be found onboard. Tequila Mockingbird Paloma not so much. 

48 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Lime and Coconut is the "signature drink" on Oasis, but you can ask for it on other ships, too.  (You just might have to tell them how to make it.)

It’s on Wonder. Looking forward to trying it in 3 weeks.

As for non-menu drinks… anything frozen (always wondered why there’s no frozen drink list in the standard menu). Too common so no reason just like no reason to list “Gin & Tonic” or “Rum & Coke”? Not everything is a daiquiri or pina colada.

Anyway, a few frozens… Kraken Colada, Mudslide, BBC, Bushwhacker.

7 hours ago, Barbara60 said:

What are some drinks you like to order on board that are not on the menu? Mohito Cosmopolitan, Caiparinia, are some of my favorites.

Haven't seen Cachaca on ship in forever

5 minutes ago, travisma81 said:

Do most of the bars have milk?  I like White Russians but never think to order one and I haven't seen them on any drink menu.

Yes. I often order mudslides, more or less a frozen White Russian plus Baileys and chocolate syrup. Might as well be an adult milkshake but I'm just a big kid so that's OK with me. 😁

Edited by OCSC Mike

13 hours ago, Barbara60 said:

Last cruise wife had lots of Cucumber Elderflower Martinis and I got hooked on Negronis. Vintages was our go to spot on Quantum. 

My husband has a favorite drink that he requests that is his variation on a Manhattan. It includes the normal rye (your favorite brand), 1/2 the normal vermouth, and the other 1/2 (instead of vermouth).... Grand Marnier. 

He calls it the New Old Manhattan.

😉

25 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

We had a bartender in allure that made his specialty drink called the tiramisu martini. The best drink I have ever had on a ship. 

Love the tiramisu martini! It is on the menu on Carnival and I have them every night when I sail them.  I've only been able to get a chocolate martini on Royal and it's just not as good.

4 minutes ago, RoperDK said:

Love the tiramisu martini! It is on the menu on Carnival and I have them every night when I sail them.  I've only been able to get a chocolate martini on Royal and it's just not as good.

Certain bartenders must "borrow" drinks from other cruise lines. A server in the DL on Indy brought my wife a "Kiss on the Lips" (she doesn't really drink so he just wanted to bring her something fruity to try). I later learned it's a Carnival drink. Very sweet and very peach-y.

• Like 1

I like the Unusual Negroni. Lillet Blanc replances Vermouth, and Aperol replaces Campari. Gin remains. It's a less aggressive sipper and a very pretty color. It's all equal parts and stuff they usually have on hand so it's easy for bartenders to make.

44 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Certain bartenders must "borrow" drinks from other cruise lines. A server in the DL on Indy brought my wife a "Kiss on the Lips" (she doesn't really drink so he just wanted to bring her something fruity to try). I later learned it's a Carnival drink. Very sweet and very peach-y.

Neither of those are exclusive to a cruise line. They may have their own twist on them, but the tiramisu martini and kiss the lips are public domain cocktails

15 hours ago, brillohead said:

Lime and Coconut is the "signature drink" on Oasis, but you can ask for it on other ships, too.  (You just might have to tell them how to make it.)

What is the Lime and Coconut? My favorite drink at home is Simply Limeade with a generous pour of coconut rum. Wondering if it's basically the same thing.

1 hour ago, CJDepew said:

What is the Lime and Coconut? My favorite drink at home is Simply Limeade with a generous pour of coconut rum. Wondering if it's basically the same thing.

It’s both the name of the pool bar(s) on Wonder & a couple other ships I think and a drink served there.

Malibu, coconut milk, coconut syrup, guava syrup, lime juice.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1

^^What he said.^^

I don't like the taste of booze, but I love the "Lime and Coconut" (because it doesn't taste like booze!).

If the bar doesn't have coconut milk/syrup, you can have them substitute Pina Colada mixer -- it's still delicious!  (Malibu, Pina Colada Mix, Guava Syrup, Lime Juice)

And if you're at a non-ship bar that doesn't have the guava syrup, you can substitute grenadine.   (Malibu, Pina Colada Mix, Grenadine, Lime Juice)