New Suite Deposits Effective June 1, 2023

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Nor would I be showing them my card but I'd have some very choice words for them. Reminds me of the people who post on this site who spend their time watching what others are doing when they go to guest services. People need to mind their own business.

Maybe a few choice words after I laughed at them.  😆

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Pratique said:

If a perk on a cruise isn't tangible, then in what way is it a benefit? If one of the perks is a free drink, then yes I expect to be able to hold the drink in my hand. If one of the perks is reserved seating at a show, then yes I expect to be able to sit in that seat.

Consider yourself fortunate that the CK and SL have never been so crowded for you to the point where there was nowhere to sit. I have not been so fortunate.

Okay, my last response to YOU.  What is a benefit to me could just be peace of mind and self-satisfaction.  I don't have to have something in my hand to consider it a benefit.  Of course, YMMV, and obviously does. 

24 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

Okay, my last response to YOU.  What is a benefit to me could just be peace of mind and self-satisfaction.  I don't have to have something in my hand to consider it a benefit.  Of course, YMMV, and obviously does. 

That's fine if you're done with me. These are the benefits I'm referring to, just to be clear. Anything else is frosting on the cake.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-are-the-benefits-of-royal-suite-class

18 hours ago, Ret MP said:

Yep, I haven't purchased any Cruise Line sold/provided travel protection coverage since I was a baby cruiser.  I purchase my travel protection from my TA, whomever that may be in the future. I've actually got a couple of quotes from an insurance sales entity that, I believe, advertises here in C.C., and is in the running.  My next cruise is Jan 2024, so far.  3 couples are on this booking and we are having a conference call (one couple in Texas, one in Indiana, and one in Alabama) today to decide what travel protection we want to purchase and then make the call to purchase it.  To be honest, it's like hurting kittens to get something done like this, everyone has their own preferences and budgets.  Right now it looks like we are going to be going with the TA-offered travel protection, though. 

That is utterly cruel and sadistic.

I hope that you meant HERDING kittens.  😮😉 😄 

• Haha 8

3 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

That is utterly cruel and sadistic.

I hope that you meant HERDING kittens.  😮😉 😄 

No, I meant "hurting" them.  Why?  Because that's what auto spell told me to say.  LOL

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Nor would I be showing them my card but I'd have some very choice words for them. Reminds me of the people who post on this site who spend their time watching what others are doing when they go to guest services. People need to mind their own business.

You mean when someone is throwing a hissy fit and others can't help but notice? 

I don't get why anyone would ever ask to see anyone else's card, but then I've never seen most of the things others have reported either.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I’d be like, “oh you work here? I’d like a Mojito please” 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

53 minutes ago, BND said:

I don't get why anyone would ever ask to see anyone else's card, but then I've never seen most of the things others have reported either.  

I've not seen most of it either. Perhaps because we are both in the group that minds its own business?🤔

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, dunrobbin said:

but just came of Brilliance in a Grand Suite, and had to pay for internet.

That's been the case ever since the establishment of Suite class perks on the ships that have it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

All ships have internet

He means not all suites of that type include free internet. Perks are not the same across the fleet. There was a earlier post about maybe they should make perks consistent across the fleet. 

I understood him. Lol. He said it's been true on that class of ship free wifi not included.

Just now, firefly333 said:

He means not all suites of that type include free internet. Perks are not the same across the fleet. There was a earlier post about maybe they should make perks consistent across the fleet. 

I understood him. Lol. He said it's been true on that class of ship free wifi not included.

I thought that might be the case but it was also a perfect opportunity to point out how ridiculous it is to deny a suite perk for something that is available on every ship. CK I get it, all day beer and wine in the suite lounge I get it, genies I get it, they’re only on certain ships. Internet is on every single ship. No reason to deny the perk across the fleet. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

And that makes zero sense to me. Different ships have different venues but the one thing consistent among the ships is internet availability. That should be a consistent suite amenity across the fleet.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, vjmatty said:

I thought that might be the case but it was also a perfect opportunity to point out how ridiculous it is to deny a suite perk for something that is available on every ship. CK I get it, all day beer and wine in the suite lounge I get it, genies I get it, they’re only on certain ships. Internet is on every single ship. No reason to deny the perk across the fleet. 

Agree, I made my post the same time as you.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

And that makes zero sense to me. Different ships have different venues but the one thing consistent among the ships is internet availability. That should be a consistent suite amenity across the fleet.

Agreed from my point of view but not all suites are created equal in Royal's eyes. There are suites and then there are Royal Suite Class suites on the Oasis/Quantum class ships. Apparently free internet is a product differentiator. But don't complain too loudly otherwise they might make internet an upcharge for every suite across the fleet except maybe Star Class.

1 hour ago, Pratique said:

Agreed from my point of view but not all suites are created equal in Royal's eyes. There are suites and then there are Royal Suite Class suites on the Oasis/Quantum class ships. Apparently free internet is a product differentiator. But don't complain too loudly otherwise they might make internet an upcharge for every suite across the fleet except maybe Star Class.

More likely include "free" internet for all suites and increase the cabin price.

Royal's answer is that Voom is included for guests in Sky and Star class in the Royal Suites program.

Older ships don't use the Royal Suites program, i.e. Sea, Sky, Star Class, so Voom is not included for any suite on the older ships.

It's particularly egregious now that they have dramatically lowered internet costs by going to Starlink.

Their ships, their rules.  

• Like 1

On 5/22/2023 at 9:12 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

Beginning June 1, 2023, Royal Caribbean® is adjusting the deposit requirement for new suite bookings confirmed on or after this date. The new suite deposit requirement will be calculated as 10% of the cruise fare per guest and is applicable fleetwide. If the 10% value is less than the standard deposit amount, the required deposit amount will then revert to the standard deposit amount. This policy change will apply to all suite categories, including suite guarantees. 

With this adjustment, Junior Suites will now align with all other suite inventory and deposits will be nonrefundable for new bookings created on or after June 1, 2023. At this time, deposit requirements for balcony, oceanview, and interior accommodations will remain unchanged.

"At this time, deposit requirements for balcony, oceanview, and interior accommodations will remain unchanged".....AT THIS TIME. Anyone doubt this will be cabin and industry wide in a few years?🤔

Doug