Coffee Machine in Diamond Lounges

Is it really that hard to fix a coffee machine? For the 2nd time in as many cruises the coffee machine in the diamond lounge is broken. 🤔 

Last cruise on Rhapsody and now Radiance. If you want a coffee you have to head down to deck 5. 

29 minutes ago, SSPhone said:

Is it really that hard to fix a coffee machine? For the 2nd time in as many cruises the coffee machine in the diamond lounge is broken. 🤔 

Last cruise on Rhapsody and now Radiance. If you want a coffee you have to head down to deck 5. 

Old ships, old machines?  Never had this happen since I’ve became Diamond many years ago.   

1 hour ago, Airbear232 said:

Maybe given the vouchers everyone has they don’t feel a need to repair.  Do you think the Diamond lounge will survive long term?

I first became Diamond there wasn't a Diamond Lounge, we had access to CL. Wasn't added on Ship's until Voyager came out in 1999. Was top Tier at time, no D+ or P and usually at most 6-8 of us on Cruise. Lot more Cruiser's and Repeaters now then 25-35yrs ago. Last few yrs so many D's onboard my Radiance Class Repo's they gave them overflow in Crown Lounge plus 2-3 other Lounges during Happy Hour. Me, I don't care about many the Benefits, just the 340+ SOLO, this one I save thousands a year from

Edited by ONECRUISER

2 hours ago, SSPhone said:

Saved me a trip up there in the morning.  Thx.  😁Also on Radiance. 

• Like 1

I was on the Adventure of the Seas last May.  It was horrible.  The ship is a rust bucket and the Diamond Lounge coffee machine was broken daily.  A half-dozen people tried fixing it- wasting time.  The staff should have given coffee coupons to the guests to get coffee at Sorrento's.  I am sure that the machine could have been easily replaced.  Will never sail on the old ships again.

Edited by Cruise a holic
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

I was on the Adventure of the Seas last May.  It was horrible.  The ship is a rust bucket and the Diamond Lounge coffee machine was broken daily.  A half-dozen people tried fixing it- wasting time.  The staff should have given coffee coupons to the guests to get coffee at Sorrento's.  I am sure that the machine could have been easily replaced.  Will never sail on the old ships again.

I agree she is a rusk bucket. A bit disappointed our Christmas sailing was changed to Adventure this year. The diamond lounge is a joke. Last time I was in there the dang door didn't even work and the seating is so small, especially couples taking up the corner loungers meant for 4-6 people. 

One would argue the drink vouchers we receive can be used for real espresso in the morning. Not everyone drinks coffee, or uses the machine to make adding an additional voucher reasonable. Plus, Royal's IT won't be able to figure out how to limit one coupon to $5 for coffee and the others up to $14. 

9 hours ago, SSPhone said:

We were on May 6th to 11th, and it was out of service the whole cruise as well.  You'd think they'd fix it before the Alaska season...

Hey they got a year off (Covid) to relax. 

Totally agree ships age, live with it. Then to the breakers . 

wife and I were just discussing the potential elimination of the Diamond lounges in the future. Our decision was it probably will happen and that will cost us, big boy suites only. 

coffee machine issues are frequently handled with a run on the Royal coffee shop or limited time access to the suite lounge. (On the ships we’ve been on with machine issues)  even had the Diamond lounge staff running coffee orders from the suite lounge once. 
btw: the coffee machine is down because they ran out of half and half. 😝

• Haha 1

The Oasis Diamond lounge coffee maker was great.  Its a new machine and available 24/7.  We get up very early and only on one occasion was the machine was out of beans. 

I wish I could say the same for the Oasis suite lounge coffee machine.  They removed the grounds container at night and didn't turn the machine until 6:00am.

Edited by loudbmw
  • Like 1

As a relatively new Diamond who sails mostly the older ships, I expect the coffee machine to break at some point during the cruise. A few times they would let you get free specialty coffees at Cafe Promenade or Cafe Lattitudes depending on the ship.

18 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

I first became Diamond there wasn't a Diamond Lounge, we had access to CL. Wasn't added on Ship's until Voyager came out in 1999. Was top Tier at time, no D+ or P and usually at most 6-8 of us on Cruise. Lot more Cruiser's and Repeaters now then 25-35yrs ago. Last few yrs so many D's onboard my Radiance Class Repo's they gave them overflow in Crown Lounge plus 2-3 other Lounges during Happy Hour. Me, I don't care about many the Benefits, just the 340+ SOLO, this one I save thousands a year from

Well, until we get to pinnacle, I do like the free bag of laundry, 2 days internet, 2 for 1 speciality restaurants and 5 drink vouchers.  

• Like 2

We are just off the Grandeur today after fourteen nights. No coffee maker the entire time. There were carafes filled with regular, decaf and hot water for tea in the Diamond lounge. However, when they were cold or empty, there was no way to get more.

We just gave up and used vouchers for coffee at Latitudes and hot water for tea at the Windjammer. Lots of running around each morning.  

13 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

On our recent transpacific (Quantum), we were given 1 coffee voucher per person per day on top of the drink vouchers...it was nice.

* No problems with the coffee machines in either the DL or SL.

9 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

It is common for me to  use a drink voucher for a speciality coffee.  I want speciality (espresso ) decaf and often the lounge  machines don’t have decaf. 
m

Last year, the DL concierge over Iheard my wife saying "wish they had decaf".

The concierge came over and said "push this button and you'll get decaf".

All these years we never knew about the "decaf button"..."duh" moment for the both of us...we felt stupid...we didn't know.

Went to the suite lounge and asked about getting decaf from the coffee machine. Sure enough, the same thing...just press the secret decaf button. 

* Caveat: Decaf only works if they have decaf beans in the machine.

22 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

All these years we never knew about the "decaf button"..."duh" moment for the both of us...we felt stupid...we didn't know.

Went to the suite lounge and asked about getting decaf from the coffee machine. Sure enough, the same thing...just press the secret decaf button. 

I was in the opposite situation once. The decaf screen was up, and I was quite puzzled. There was a crew member in there setting up for the morning and saw my confusion and taught me how to push a button. I felt educated that morning.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

On our recent transpacific (Quantum), we were given 1 coffee voucher per person per day on top of the drink vouchers...it was nice.

* No problems with the coffee machines in either the DL or SL.

That is exactly what should have been done for the adventure guests.!  Perhaps better lounge concierge 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

That is exactly what should have been done for the adventure guests.!  Perhaps better lounge concierge 

We were on the Radiance 28 days from April 21st.

Free coffee at Cafe Latte-tudes.  Just show sea pass.  Had my cappuccino multiple times every day.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

Some machines have that feature, some do not.  
m

• Like 1

The issue has been getting parts as like many things they are sometimes backordered.  I don't get the draw but then I don't like cappuccinos or lattes.  Give me a mocha or good black coffee anytime.  

On 6/10/2023 at 6:41 AM, Cruise a holic said:

Adventure has a Sorrento's now? Where is it located?