LIVE from Equinox (June 24, 2023), sailing on a budget

AbbyCruiser45

5 minutes ago, hcat said:

thought 2 per staeroom??

Our last cruise - in our Cruise Booklet that is a part of the documents it states two per guest.   I have heard they may be changing it back.  I would check your Cruise Bookelet

image.png

34 minutes ago, Dar & Bob said:

Our last cruise - in our Cruise Booklet that is a part of the documents it states two per guest.   I have heard they may be changing it back.  I would check your Cruise Bookelet

image.png

yes..I just saw a whole thread abt this.. still not clear for me??? as usual X is consistenly inconsistent!

44 minutes ago, Dar & Bob said:

image.png

I printed mine on Friday when they became available and this is what it said. I have highlighted the 2 per guest in case I have any trouble.

• Like 1

Good timing- the Celebrity Equinox is also on a budget now apparently. The menus in the MDR were cut again as of Sunday. Check out the thread- entrees of a cheeseburger, tilapia, couscous, etc. 

All kidding aside, I just got off and it was a good trip. But if you are not happy with the food, please make it known on your survey and to the head waiter.

Enjoy your trip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations!!! I took my wife on a cruise when she got her doctorate also. Nice to see others celebrating the same way. I eagerly await your report on the new menus. I sure hope celebrity comes to their senses. Enjoy you sea time, both of you deserve it!!!

• Like 1

We'll be on this cruise with you also.  Finally, after 3 cancellations (first was March 2020) we are making it onboard the Equinox.  Congrats on the educational achievement.  Last cruise on Celebrity was 2002 on the Mercury in Alaska. Really disappointing about all the cutbacks, but we'll just roll with the punches. Been going on RCCL and Princess recently (pre-Covid), so we'll compare.  Just looking forward to getting away from Texas and the heat (today the heat index was 117).  Hope to see you onboard, either at a trivia event, or I'll look for the "young" female wearing long sleeves on deck.  Have a great cruise, and I'll look forward to reading about the "same" cruise from a different perspective.

Eric

• Like 2

Wow!  Congratulations on reaching all of these fabulous milestones!!!!  😊

We just disembarked the Equinox on Sunday and the service was excellent as well as the food was better than expected in the main dining room.....out of eight nights only one person in our group of seven found one meal subpar on one evening only (I was not sure what to expect given recent comments about cutbacks.  Oops seven nights....we dined in Tuscan Grille one evening).

Echoing other CC member's comments as to how wonderful the ABC islands are.  Have an absolutely fabulous cruise and thank you for taking us along!

• Like 2

Congratulations on your doctorates. Curious as to what they are in? I received an MD 36 years ago and have always thought that was a piece of cake compared to the students working towards PhD’s. We will be boarding as you disembark so really looking forward to your trip report. Our last cruise was 2018 on the Equinox. 

I recommend Total Wine in Fort Lauderdale to get a couple of good bottles to carry on. Not impressed with the wines by the glass. A good bottle will be especially enjoyable in Tuscan Grill. 

Hope you have a great vacation, Relax and enjoy. 

Congratulations on your doctorates! That is wonderful! 

My husband and I will be on the ship with you celebrating our 30th anniversary. There is a Roll Call for this sailing. I know there are slot pulls scheduled 2 different days (the roll call has a post about it). And there is a bar crawl planned for Day 2 starting in Craft Social at 2pm. There is a page on another social platform that has a lot of information as well. This will be our 2nd time on Equinox - we so enjoyed our cabin we stayed in 2019 that we booked it again for this trip! I think this is my husband's 6th Celebrity cruise and it is my 7th. We really enjoy Celebrity!

We are flying to Ft. Lauderdale Friday. Only 2 more days of work!!!!   🙂

Hope to see you around the ship!

9 hours ago, Reel Love said:

We just disembarked the Equinox on Sunday and the service was excellent as well as the food was better than expected in the main dining room.....out of eight nights only one person in our group of seven found one meal subpar on one evening only (I was not sure what to expect given recent comments about cutbacks.  Oops seven nights....we dined in Tuscan Grille one evening).

This is great to hear! Thank you for the update. 

7 hours ago, Gasdoc said:

Curious as to what they are in?

They are both in psychology! Neither of us are trained as clinicians though. My area of research is infant development and his is in adult cognition (memory and attention). My college roommates went on to do MDs, both degree paths are challenging in their own ways! I never could do the exams needed in med school, but ask me to write a 30 page paper in a week and I’d be fine 😂

7 hours ago, Barn Goddess said:

We are flying to Ft. Lauderdale Friday. Only 2 more days of work!!!!   🙂

Hopefully those days fly fast!! And yes, I’m in the group on the other social media page. I was happy to see it was so active! I think this is going to be a fun sailing. 

We’ve had a nice evening so far at the Embassy Suites by the Atlanta airport! This hotel is pretty new and it is a great option since they have a park and fly rate. 
IMG_1079.thumb.jpeg.6c4d6de3f1339d4d2db60bde1e7463e3.jpegIMG_1080.thumb.jpeg.66bc91983cd8408d4e356aa4db5de4a7.jpegIMG_1082.thumb.jpeg.2ccd723032ec355fc067dbf1e093c37b.jpeg

We usually stay at the Hilton Garden Inn if we have a morning flight, but our last stay there was terrible. The A/C was not really working and we got no sleep. This is a nice change of pace! Plus the “free” evening reception with wine and snacks. Our flight will be before breakfast opens, but they are supposed to back a little to go bag for us. 

Some people might complain about the snacks, but as someone that never buys “snacky” food, I was excited. And both wines were mine 🤣

IMG_1083.thumb.jpeg.252fbbcfb0f0e625e180bb1035372791.jpeg

Now we’ll just be settling in for some takeout pizza and Netflix. We’ll be on our way to Fort Lauderdale in the morning! I’m not sure what we have planned. I know we’ll be doing the water taxi one day. I’ll update here when I have something interesting to share! 

(Hopefully the pictures load fine, this is my first mobile post!)

• Like 13

As many have said already - A big Congratulations on your accomplishments, and new move

Have a wonderful trip. Looking forward to hearing all about it, as we have never been to these ports.

Congratulations on your achievements. Looking forward to reading your posts. We'll be boarding Equinox in a few weeks.  Enjoy your cruise.😀

Edited by SF

We’ve had an exciting travel morning so far! Originally, we were supposed to leave at 8:50, then we got delayed to 9:15. We weren’t upset because that gave us time for hot breakfast at the lounge! And then we got notified that we’d be delayed until 12:30. Five minutes later, we get a text that it is actually leaving at 9:15! I’ve never had that happen before. Who knows when we’ll leave! Happy to be on the way though.

23 minutes ago, AbbyCruiser45 said:

Five minutes later, we get a text that it is actually leaving at 9:15! I’ve never had that happen before. Who knows when we’ll leave! Happy to be on the way though.

Hopefully you'll be wheels-up shortly.

I've had that problem with delays getting reversed a few times out of DFW.

Once we had even left the airport completely after being given a 4 hour delay and were settling down to order food at Razzoo's when our phones started buzzing with a 'head to gate now' message...

Didn't even have to to get the food to go sadly, but we did make the flight.

Edited by Mark_T