Laundry question

zqtchas

9 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

To your questions Genting spent way too much money.  If you think that was to make Crystal great you are wrong. They went into too many things too quickly.  Remember the airplane. Remember the old ship? Remember Esprit? They owned Esprit.  Spent a fortune. But it was limited where it could sail.  They also came up with design after design for new ships and ended up wasting a lot of time and money with nothing.

Just investing a lot of money means nothing.  I was with a company that was bought by another company who has some similarities with Genting. They wasted a lot of money and made poor decisions and didn't listen.  And in the end they got what they deserved.  If Gentiing was USA based maybe they would have gotten what they deserved.

So it goes.

Back to the laundry.

Don't forget the USS United States fiasco!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

Hmmm - I don’t recall you making any of those statements back when it was happening, I must have missed those posts…

I’ll let you get back to packing now - I think laundries have been beaten to death until we see what NC offer with their industry leading customer laundries 

I have said several times that I was wrong about Genting after learning what I did. You see.  It's OK to say one is wrong about something.  

Obviously nothing is ever "beaten" around here since the same issue are brought up over and over and over.

I was watching the Dodgers/Astros game the other day when an Astros' pitcher had a meltdown after balking home the eventual winning run.

Now, if you're an Astro, you really can't cry unfair about one call without a certain amount of hypocrisy being noticed. I know it's barely the same team as 2017 and that all but two position players are gone. But the team, and all participating players in the scandal were never punished. Deja Vu!

Astros, same team city, the same team name, and the same team history. Crystal, same cruise line name, the same ships, and they take credit for their good history.

Don't get me wrong - I would definitely sail on Crystal. But when the subject of the past comes up, I would just remain silent and take my seat.

18 minutes ago, M o o k i e said:

I was watching the Dodgers/Astros game the other day when an Astros' pitcher had a meltdown after balking home the eventual winning run.

Now, if you're an Astro, you really can't cry unfair about one call without a certain amount of hypocrisy being noticed. I know it's barely the same team as 2017 and that all but two position players are gone. But the team, and all participating players in the scandal were never punished. Deja Vu!

Astros, same team city, the same team name, and the same team history. Crystal, same cruise line name, the same ships, and they take credit for their good history.

Don't get me wrong - I would definitely sail on Crystal. But when the subject of the past comes up, I would just remain silent and take my seat.

Dusty got ejected too as he didn’t think it was a balk either and he has a little baseball experience. 😵‍💫😳🙄

And who had a laundry thread on their bingo card ending up on Major League Baseball??

Edited by Texas Tillie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, ctjon said:

There have been many, many discussions about this - let's move on.  The NC is not the old Crystal and isn't responsible for what the old Crystal did or didn't do.

I have often wondered how many times a horse can beaten on this board before the coroner/medical examiner certifies that it is officially dead!! For those on both sides of the "management did/did not know" argument, we have been down this road at least twenty times in the last two years, so for God's sake, GIVE IT A REST!!!!!! 

I suspect that I am not alone in being really tired of the repetition of the same tired, old and really pointless arguments from BOTH sides!!

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, Roland4 said:

I have often wondered how many times a horse can beaten on this board before the coroner/medical examiner certifies that it is officially dead!! For those on both sides of the "management did/did not know" argument, we have been down this road at least twenty times in the last two years, so for God's sake, GIVE IT A REST!!!!!! 

I suspect that I am not alone in being really tired of the repetition of the same tired, old and really pointless arguments from BOTH sides!!

I sympathize, but I can unify your point with the original direction of this thread: I mean, who hasn't heard of Jockey Shorts?

• Haha 1

I find the development from the old Crystal to the new company which bought the two ships Serenity and Infinity, decided to call it Crystal again, appointed the same manager and crew, thought it was a good idea to benefit from the years of wonderful experience and forgetting the bankruptcy, interesting.

The horse would be dead if the new company would have not decided to call it Crystal again.

I think the discussions and opinions on cruise critic will continue as long as we remember this sad part of what happened to the old Crystal.

Now, some people on cruise critic think that because they had enough of this discussion, the others should stop talking about it and give  them a break. They actually demand (capital letters included) that posters shall move away and leave this forum. I find that attitude interesting also.

Posters here are not to amuse others. As long as they follow the rules they can post what they wish and do not have to be told by others to stop it, or to move away.

I get bored about many things that posters write or post, and even before I read their posts, I know what they are going to say about a particular subject. But who am I to tell others to stop it? Social media forums like Cruise Critic are based on respect for other opinions if we like it or not. It would be good to remember that before telling other posters what they should write or not. 

Best regards from the Eternal City, where I am waiting to board my ship. 

Ivi

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ivi, one correction.  In addition to Serenity they bought Symphony rather than Infinity.  Wasn't Infinity one of the Celebrity Ships?  I only say this because this thread started to turn to baseball someone might have thought they took Infinity and traded it for Symphony.  😃

As I have learned many years ago, welcome to Cruise Critic.

Happy Cruising.

Keith

22 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

Ivi, one correction.  In addition to Serenity they bought Symphony rather than Infinity.  Wasn't Infinity one of the Celebrity Ships?  I only say this because this thread started to turn to baseball someone might have thought they took Infinity and traded it for Symphony.  😃

As I have learned many years ago, welcome to Cruise Critic.

Happy Cruising.

Keith

You are right Keith 😃 thanks for the correction. This happens when you post before breakfast…

Ivi

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ctjon said:

I;m hoping as I'm sure many are that starting on July 31 discussions will ignore the old and what happened and deal with the present and what Crystal is now like - without comparisons

I hear you but I don't think that will happen because it never has. People often will say I wish it was like it used to be.  Since what it used to be is former Crystal that is why I think you will continue to hear old Crystal.

I actually think there are times when comparisons are good because hopefully we will see area where things are better.. I don't dwell on the past and always welcomed change but sometimes the past is good for perspective.

My hope is a bit different.  My hope is when Crystal sails that most of the threads become discussions about Crystal.  Yes, in the past there would be an occasional thread comparing Crystal with other lines particularly from someone who either had never cruised Crystal or had pretty much cruised Crystal.  What I do hope is that every thread doesn't turn into a "well SS does it better" kind of thing or Joe Cruise line does it better.  

Take this thread. A simple question about which suites include laundry and answered in posts two and three.

Once it then became a discussion of what lines include laundry which was not what the OP asked about then it became a food fight and a thread on steroids  

This is what I hope for.  I hope that when a thread is not asking about another line that most of the comments will be about Crystal.  

I do believe after awhile the board will mostly be about Crystal and less about former Crystal.  

And yes for those who want to say you can post what you want I know you can but it would be nice IMHO for this board to be what most other boards are like where about 95%+ of the boards are about the cruise lines specific to that board.

This board was never perfect but it seems that almost every thread gets completely derailed and becomes a food fight and one out of grade school.   JMO.  

Keith

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

On 6/26/2023 at 12:20 PM, Stickman1990 said:

Who really cares? - I’ve never visited the laundry rooms on Regent as they include free laundry as part of their standard fare 

I thought it was you who posted how many laundry rooms each cruise line had. If some have two washers and dryers, some have four, some have six or eight, I thought the number of rooms was meaningless.

Darn it! I was sitting on the very love seat in the laundry room when I saw Terry’s photo of it.

so I took a photo of the stepping stool and the nice laundry baskets! 

but my upload failed! aaaaargh

the step stool is particularly useful to me b/c the dryer is a bit too high for me

but I don’t love the ironing boards

• Like 3

On 6/27/2023 at 10:18 AM, Stickman1990 said:

Good that you believe that to be the case but unproven and therefore disputable - so yes consider it disputed (sorry if took me so long)

The fact is that Crystal had many creditors that far exceeded their assets and cash on hand - some of those creditors had launched proceedings against Crystal to recover those debts - they couldn’t and joined the rest of the failed group. They were not sold as a going concern and left many creditors out of pocket to this day. Some of the assets, ocean ships and brand were purchased by Heritage/A&K 

Saying something on a forum without any real knowledge of the circumstances doesn’t make it true and correct  

Just like the new owner stating in his new video....

" So we bought the ships and paid the banks and we paid them the money which is going to be used to pay back the passengers, it is very important to us"

What a load of BS..  None of that $150M in money that he paid for the ships helps the passengers. 

The only thing that helps is the paltry $13M he paid for our private records and the trademarks.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, PaulMCO said:

Just like the new owner stating in his new video....

" So we bought the ships and paid the banks and we paid them the money which is going to be used to pay back the passengers, it is very important to us"

What a load of BS..  None of that $150M in money that he paid for the ships helps the passengers. 

Correct - for those who don’t understand why that is - the ships weren’t owned by Crystal and there were banks and institutions with secured debts against those ships - they will get those sale proceeds and ex Crystal customers will not see 1 cent from the ships sale 

I haven’t heard that video as I can’t stream at the moment but if what you say is correct then it is very disappointing to hear that being claimed when it is patently incorrect

Ive seen the FB version of the clip and couldn’t see any reference to who they paid and whether customers would benefit - maybe it’s mentioned in tne other version? 

Edited by Stickman1990

16 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

Correct - for those who don’t understand why that is - the ships weren’t owned by Crystal and there were banks and institutions with secured debts against those ships - they will get those sale proceeds and ex Crystal customers will not see 1 cent from the ships sale 

I haven’t heard that video as I can’t stream at the moment but if what you say is correct then it is very disappointing to hear that being claimed when it is patently incorrect 

It is on the NC web site --  the Manfredi interview main page -- scroll to view.

Yes the ship is blocking any streams..

Edited by PaulMCO

35 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

Ive seen the FB version of the clip and couldn’t see any reference to who they paid and whether customers would benefit - maybe it’s mentioned in tne other version? 

and it is - in the version on the Crystal website - https://www.crystalcruises.com/#video-manfredi-lefebvre?

and if does refer to the funds being used to payback passengers - maybe he could have been clearer and mentioned creditors as well as passengers

IMG_1289.thumb.png.e4448ec22ccb830baeffbe82883d5e39.png