Quiet Bar? Silver Seas Dawn

Garavar

Will be cruising on Silver Seas for first time. We were long time Crystal Cruise loyalist but the new pricing structure on reincarnated Crystal is blahhhhh.

Anyway we will be on the Silver Seas Dawn in a couple of months and was curious if there are any dark and quiet bars in the ship. On Crystal we always went to Avenue Saloon at night which never had anyone in it before dinner (usually between 5-10 pm it was empty)

The only noise was the low key piano player. Any bars similar to this on Dawn? Connoisseur Corner appears to be what we are looking for but from what I can tell cigar smoking is allowed indoors there which is something we wish to avoid. So anything else?

Thanks in advance. P.S. anything else I should know about Silver Seas coming from OLD Getting Hong Kong Crystal not the New AK Crystal.

14 minutes ago, labrasett said:

Salt Bar next to Salt kitchen is a small dark and quiet bar at night.  We loved it.

Gosh we could never get in. Packed every night and certainly didn't sound quiet from the door.

• Like 1

I have always found the Salt Bar to be 1) either very quiet or 2) very busy.....it really just depends on when you go. I love it there as well. To the OP, just for point of reference, it is Silversea. 

• Like 1

The quiet bar is the small Observation/Library bar - very rarely anyone in there, never more than an handful, after dinner on our recent 22 night cruise. Very pleasant spot with an exterior area too.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Garavar said:

Will be cruising on Silver Seas for first time. We were long time Crystal Cruise loyalist but the new pricing structure on reincarnated Crystal is blahhhhh.

Salt Bar is hard to get into and not quiet.   Arts cafe is a nice place to have a glass of wine.   And not being picky but just as info, it is Silversea not Silver Seas.......enjoy

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Garavar said:

Thanks in advance. P.S. anything else I should know about Silver Seas coming from OLD Getting Hong Kong Crystal not the New AK Crystal.

One thing to know, the line's name is Silversea, one word, singular. 😃

P.S. I'm not a Silversea person, did one, it was not good at all, have a second one booked on the new ship, Nova. Hoping that the new Crystal is as good as the old, have 2 cruises booked with them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, drron29 said:

Gosh we could never get in. Packed every night and certainly didn't sound quiet from the door.

Sorry that happened to you, on the Dawn in March it usually had no more than six or eight other people after dinner.    Cant say about before dinner as we usually have a glass (or two) of wine in our suite before we go for dinner rather than go for pre dinner drinks "out".

3 hours ago, labrasett said:

Salt Bar next to Salt kitchen is a small dark and quiet bar at night.  We loved it.

After dinner the Salt bar is usually quiet and very enjoyable. Before dinner fahgetaboudit.

I think there is also a Silver Note on Dawn. It has a small bar and personally I enjoy the music.

1 minute ago, pavementends said:

After dinner the Salt bar is usually quiet and very enjoyable. Before dinner fahgetaboudit.

I think there is also a Silver Note on Dawn. It has a small bar and personally I enjoy the music.

You are correct, Silver Note is on multiple ships.

1 minute ago, Mahogany said:

Do you know what time the Silver Note bar opens? Dinner isn't until 8.

To be honest, I don't know. I am not sure they serve drinks earlier or not but once on board it would be very easy to find out.

Silver Sea.

Salt Bar is great but usually packed.  The Observation Bar is lovely as well and usually quiet but is also a place that groups tend to book for cocktail receptions so much of it might be cordoned  off. Neither bar has music.  

I’m not a big Crystal fan but I really liked the Avenue Saloon before dinner and it was so fun after dinner as well.

22 hours ago, fdnycruiser said:

We loved the SALT bar before dinner, and silver note after on both the Moon and Dawn. Will be on the Nova in October for 33 days, and the bars all look good. It’ll be fun trying them all.

Sorry going to hijack the thread for one question.  Did you see much difference between Moon & Dawn?  Have been on Dawn and loved her & looking next at the Moon.  Any noticeable differences?
TIA 

Observation Room is a great place for what you are looking for, but the bar doesn't open till late afternoon.  Although we were just on board Dawn, I'm not sure of the opening hour (6PM?).  My wife and I found both the Arts Cafe and Dolce Vita to be very nice places to grab a first glass of wine and sometimes a light snack.  Arts Cafe maybe first choice, but on one occasion it was packed with fellow oenophiles so we simply went to Dolce Vita and picked a small 4 chair setting by a window.  And always we had the option to do as @Lois R suggested and simply enjoy a glass in our room or on the verandah.  When checking in, let the butler know what wine you would like stocked in your room and the bottle will be restocked as needed so this option will be available to you.

Have a great cruise!

• My favorite two top table on Moon has a four top in that spot on Dawn.   Also, a quick exit into Terrazza is not possible on Dawn.   Referring to Silver Note.

It is Silversea.  Not Silver Sea, not Silverseas, Not any of the ten different spellings that have been written on this site over the years.

My cousin and I did an impromptu whiskey tasting with dessert in Arts Cafe on the Dawn after dinner.  No music, nice bartender, lovely waitress.  Tables or bar service.  It became our go-to place.  The bartender told me he will be on Spirit this fall so looking forward to seeing him again.

We have just debarked from Dawn after a wonderful cruise around the Norwegian fjords. We found the SALT Bar extremely noisy before dinner, often hijacked by a group of very loud people who took over the small bar.

We found the Observation Lounge or Dolce Vita good for quiet pre dinner drinks. After dinner we headed for the Silver Note and sat quietly at the bar. Bartender Jose makes wonderful cocktails (just ask him to make something special for you from your favorite spirit) and the jazz duet will keep you entertained.

• Like 2