Will the celebrity ascent have a promenade deck?

inspiration100

13 minutes ago, inspiration100 said:

Let's say a walk way that goes at least 1/4 around the ship.  Not upper deck by the pools!

Check the Beyond deck plan, there’s your answer. They will be sister ships.

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 2

The Edge class has a very nice walking track. 

You can also walk around almost any deck, down the port side and then the starboard and not be outside on the upper deck by the pools.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

The last true promenade deck I was on was the Princess Coral back in 2016 on an Alaska cruise. It was so enjoyable in the evening to walk around the entire outside of the ship.  It felt much more old world cruising than the modern ships being built today. That said, I’m very excited about our scheduled cruise on the Celebrity Ascent next February. 

14 hours ago, jwlane said:

There's a running/walking track that goes all the way around on Royal Oasis class.

That is true, but it's not called the Promenade Deck. On Royal ships, that name means something else entirely. Perhaps the OP should realize that each cruise line has their own branding and terminology for their deck plans.

15 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Exactly. The last ship I was on with a true promenade was NCL Sun and even that ship had some blocked off areas. 

NCL’s Jewel-class ships have true promenade decks — close to the water and you can walk all the way around the ship outside. I love them. They are perfect for early morning walks, and you feel a great connection to the water. 

IMG_9915.thumb.jpeg.c12d6dd9fcc7ae059dcbc36245d563f3.jpeg

IMG_9921.thumb.jpeg.b8e890a366a419683bea641e965fb3c7.jpeg

IMG_9927.thumb.jpeg.d4234abc3d2b704b74e5ca6f812671db.jpeg

(photos by turtles06)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Turtles06 said:

NCL’s Jewel-class ships have true promenade decks — close to the water and you can walk all the way around the ship outside. I love them. They are perfect for early morning walks, and you feel a great connection to the water. 
(photos by turtles06)

My wife say's I'm clumsy. So according to her I would have a great connection with the water. 😉

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, miched said:

The Edge class has a very nice walking track. 

You can also walk around almost any deck, down the port side and then the starboard and not be outside on the upper deck by the pools.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

No such deck on the Ascent.  What I do for exercise is to walk up and down the stairs from deck 3 to 14.  That way you do meet people and get in a workout.  

Others can get a workout by getting seconds and thirds at the buffet.

On 7/25/2023 at 4:17 PM, inspiration100 said:

Title asks it all.  Will the celebrity ascent have a promenade deck?  If so, is it at least some what walkable?  Is there a list somewhere on which ships have walkable promenade decks?Thanks.

Beyond has walking space on both sides of deck 5, you can make your own walking path but will be shorter with more turnarounds, one side is usually shaded (due to lifeboats), have to get creative but it works especially when needing a break from the inclines/downhills/no shade on the upper path, assume Ascent will be the same

23 minutes ago, itp said:

Beyond has walking space on both sides of deck 5, you can make your own walking path but will be shorter with more turnarounds, one side is usually shaded (due to lifeboats), have to get creative but it works especially when needing a break from the inclines/downhills/no shade on the upper path, assume Ascent will be the same

The  starboard area outside of Blu on Deck 5 is supposed to be outdoor dining  on the Ascent and walking  in that area may not be available.  On the Port side, it has been  a designated smoking area.  

22 hours ago, Stumptowngal said:

The last true promenade deck I was on was the Princess Coral back in 2016 on an Alaska cruise. It was so enjoyable in the evening to walk around the entire outside of the ship.  It felt much more old world cruising than the modern ships being built today. That said, I’m very excited about our scheduled cruise on the Celebrity Ascent next February. 

For the record , My wife and I also enjoy strolling on the promenade deck , unfortunately on most of the X ships that is a thing of the past.😌

37 minutes ago, itp said:

edge class ships basically the same.

34 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Awesome!  We are looking at a possible med cruise in 2025 and I believe one of the Jewel class ships is in the part of the world.  Will have to check it out more closely!b

They’re wonderful ships. A comfortable size, and terrific public spaces, including the Great Outdoors. 

A true prommenade deck is in my book a prommenade with a view that is not blocked by lifeboats.

S and E- Class ships of X does not have that. M- Class has a nice prommenade - starboard and port - no wrap around though. That is fine with me. The best prommenade dekcs are on board Cunard ships- with the Queen Mary 2 in the lead. Best ever prommenade deck.

The Seaside Class of MSC have a wonderful prommenade- it is wide and very well thought through- comes very close to QM2´s - it´s almost as walking " beside" the ship.

• Like 1