Premium Desserts question

curlybelle2

4 hours ago, Malleykatt said:

On Sky now I asked if I could have just a scoop of gelato instead of the offer and he said no. The desert offered is just as disgusting in real life... no thanks Princess I would not call it a perk.

You need to adopt the Jack Nicholson (Five Easy Pieces approach) -see end of post. 

May I have a Dolce Vita please?  Oh and hold the cheesecake, sauce, cream, chocolate and sprinkles. Thank you…I’m a bit worried about dropping it so could I have a metal dish instead of a glass. 

Thank you. 

BOBBY: Okay, I’ll make it as easy for you as I can. I’d like an omelet. Plain. And a chicken salad sandwich on wheat toast. No mayonnaise, no butter, no lettuce. And a cup of coffee.

WAITRESS: A Number Two. Chicken sal san. Hold the butter, the lettuce and the mayonnaise. And a cup of coffee.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Ranchi said:

You need to adopt the Jack Nicholson (Five Easy Pieces approach) -see end of post. 

May I have a Dolce Vita please?  Oh and hold the cheesecake, sauce, cream, chocolate and sprinkles. Thank you…I’m a bit worried about dropping it so could I have a metal dish instead of a glass. 

Thank you. 

BOBBY: Okay, I’ll make it as easy for you as I can. I’d like an omelet. Plain. And a chicken salad sandwich on wheat toast. No mayonnaise, no butter, no lettuce. And a cup of coffee.

WAITRESS: A Number Two. Chicken sal san. Hold the butter, the lettuce and the mayonnaise. And a cup of coffee.

Haha like that.

5 hours ago, Malleykatt said:

On Sky now I asked if I could have just a scoop of gelato instead of the offer and he said no. The desert offered is just as disgusting in real life... no thanks Princess I would not call it a perk.

These things make zero sense to me. 

We were on the Regal until last Monday. They told us we could get all from Gelato menu and the IC big cakes for free (2 pp per day) with new Princess Plus package. We tried the Cake and plain Gelato. We didn‘t like either. The quality was not good. Same applies to soft ice from swirls.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Malleykatt said:

Just out of curiosity, you couldn't stop them from adding all the extra junk on top of the gelato when they filled the glass? It seems simple enough to do.

Trying to get just a scoop of Gelato in lieu of a full Sundae will also depend on which ship you are on.

On the Emerald, the premium desserts are made at coffee and cones next to slice, so there is no Gelato bar like on many Royal class ships. Also only vanilla gelato. 

I did see a passenger request ONLY the candy bar and Carmel corn in a bowl, nothing else.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Malleykatt said:

Who sits round a table at Princess and dreams this crap up, it's an absolute joke

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Was recently on Majestic.  These seemed more popular than one previous cruises.  You could actually see 4-5 people at a time actually eating these.  Might be because those cruises were 75%+ first timers on Princess.  There was enough demand that  at the Lido Ice Cream booth they had 2 lines.  One for the special desserts and one for the standard free soft serve.

The OP asked for a list of the premium deserts. Photo hopefully added below from Sky in May. They didn’t add any of the sweets/candy on Sky. Just ice cream, sauce and cream with a cake on top.

IMG_0297.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had one of these. The ice cream was not gelato and the brownie was stale. There were a couple of cheap lollipops stuck in the ice cream and chocolate sauce making the lollipop stick sticky, if I wanted to eat it, I would not be able to without de-stickifying it. I wouldn’t eat one per cruise now, and would never eat two per day. I think this is a non-benefit benefit. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, macandlucy said:

I had one of these. The ice cream was not gelato and the brownie was stale. There were a couple of cheap lollipops stuck in the ice cream and chocolate sauce making the lollipop stick sticky, if I wanted to eat it, I would not be able to without de-stickifying it. I wouldn’t eat one per cruise now, and would never eat two per day. I think this is a non-benefit benefit. 

I’ll be cruising in February ‘24. I would be surprised if there aren’t changes to this dessert offering by then. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, phabric said:

Do they individually unwrap the candy before putting in the sundae?  Or are they already unwrapped?

I might take the candy home if wrapped.

Currently on Island Princess, saw people with these things last week and the candy was wrapped. A lady approached 2 kids behind me in the ice cream line and tried to give them the candy. Kids she didn’t know. Not my kids so I didn’t feel I could intervene but I was very glad when they declined. No doubt she meant well but seriously, going up to a child you don’t know saying, “Do you like candy?”!

I did look at the so-called ‘premium’ sundaes and wonder how much chocolate and sprinkles are wasted with dipping the glasses into them, it doesn’t seem that anyone eats it - not sure they can. It may also take extra resources to clean it off the glasses. Is there some poor crew member having to chip it off before they go into the dishwasher?

• Like 2

These things look to be part of the grand scheme to turn Princess into a kid friendly Royal Caribbean-esque line 😞

I tried to get my 17 year old to try one on our last cruise, and she scoffed and said they looked awful. She's too old to be the target audience here, I think.

1 hour ago, Tigrou said:

Currently on Island Princess, saw people with these things last week and the candy was wrapped. A lady approached 2 kids behind me in the ice cream line and tried to give them the candy. Kids she didn’t know. Not my kids so I didn’t feel I could intervene but I was very glad when they declined. No doubt she meant well but seriously, going up to a child you don’t know saying, “Do you like candy?”!

I did look at the so-called ‘premium’ sundaes and wonder how much chocolate and sprinkles are wasted with dipping the glasses into them, it doesn’t seem that anyone eats it - not sure they can. It may also take extra resources to clean it off the glasses. Is there some poor crew member having to chip it off before they go into the dishwasher?

Thanks,

If wrapped I plan on taking home for my granddaughter 

On 8/1/2023 at 4:58 PM, BlerkOne said:
On 7/31/2023 at 11:36 PM, BlerkOne said:

Ima gonna try 

Holy moly - I thought I got 2 per cruise - it says 2 per day. Probably not going to happen. Even if I can sub something else, probably not 2/day.

C'mon, do it.  Have two per day.  Sort of a multi-day endurance of "Man vs. Food".  Let us know how it goes.

• Haha 3

I am disgusted to think of all the 1/3 eaten glasses that must be sitting around from those that are just taking it because "it is included".  Really a poor choice to include. Also as described above 1/2 eaten pieces of stale cake as I doubt that is served often enough to keep fresh.  Seems like some feeble attempt to cater to their sugar addicted clientele? Most are reporting that the standard deserts these days are not quality and not interesting anymore.