I need advice ASAP....

RoperDK

10 hours ago, RoperDK said:

That is our working plan now.  Can't chance exposing my 96 year old father to whatever this is.  Going to get Dr. appt in AM and go from there.  It will be a helluva drive for us on Friday if we can go.  Crossing my fingers that I am not next in line for this.   

How is hubby doing this morning?

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

How is hubby doing this morning?

He is feeling great this morning!  Fever broke last night and he slept like a baby.  Feeling like his old self now.  I still have no symptoms.  I truly wonder if it was something he ate after golf the day before.  We are proceeding with the trip, minus the family visit.  If something does creep up then we will deal with it.  There is always Urgent Care.  We would never board a ship knowing we were sick.  Wish us luck!

• Like 33

5 minutes ago, RoperDK said:

He is feeling great this morning!  Fever broke last night and he slept like a baby.  Feeling like his old self now.  I still have no symptoms.  I truly wonder if it was something he ate after golf the day before.  We are proceeding with the trip, minus the family visit.  If something does creep up then we will deal with it.  There is always Urgent Care.  We would never board a ship knowing we were sick.  Wish us luck!

Great to hear! Hope you both continue to feel well and have a great cruise!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, RoperDK said:

Good. Just a typical stomach bug. Enjoy your cruise.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, RoperDK said:

So glad it all worked out!! Enjoy your cruise.

This happened to my husband DURING a cruise one time. He got sick as a dog one night (and he hadn't been drinking), and I thought we were all in for a round of Noro. But he felt totally fine the next day, and the rest of us didn't get it. That was a huge relief. It must have been something he ate. 

Edited by TravelGirlinDallas
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RoperDK said:

I know several people who would wake up feeling great if the visit with their in-laws was canceled, allowing them to go straight to the cruise, LOL.  Not necessarily your husband, of course.  Safe travels and stay well.

• Like 2
  • Haha 21

59 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Did you even read the thread? He's feeling fine now.

Wait a sec......we are supposed to read the thread first before commenting? 😉

Who knew? That certainly explains a lot. 😃

• Like 2
  • Haha 14

1 hour ago, RoperDK said:

That's great news! Enjoy your trip. You received some great advice here and maybe some that were a bit "iffy". 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RoperDK said:

This is good news for you & the family. I wish you the best and an enjoyable cruise. 

The reason I suggested to cancel is from our most recent experiences. Both my wife & I got sick on our last cruise. (Aug 6th) She on day 5, me on day 6. So someone got on that cruise ship knowingly they had a bug and it of course spread. In fact, after reading some of the posts from our FB page it appears that many got sick. The wife has lost 9 lbs and she still can't eat well & is still pretty weak. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Both my wife & I got sick on our last cruise. (Aug 6th) She on day 5, me on day 6. So someone got on that cruise ship knowingly they had a bug and it of course spread.

I wish you both a speedy recovery. Often the "bug" is picked up on the travel day or days to the cruise, and it is easy to board feeling fine and show symptoms a day or two in. Although with 3000+ passengers nowadays, there is also a good chance more than 1 person got on the ship knowing they had a "bug".

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

This is good news for you & the family. I wish you the best and an enjoyable cruise. 

The reason I suggested to cancel is from our most recent experiences. Both my wife & I got sick on our last cruise. (Aug 6th) She on day 5, me on day 6. So someone got on that cruise ship knowingly they had a bug and it of course spread. In fact, after reading some of the posts from our FB page it appears that many got sick. The wife has lost 9 lbs and she still can't eat well & is still pretty weak. 

How do you know someone got on KNOWING they had a bug?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Common sense.

Actually... I paid to have everyone tested of course. 😉 

Of course.  😛 

But, someone could have bug but not have symptoms until the evening or even the next day, so while they boarded with it, they didn't KNOW. 

• Like 2

Doesn’t the survey ask about stuff like this for multiple days prior?  Seems from my memory it would be impossible to answer the questions honestly without being flagged for health reasons (and likely denied boarding).  One would how folks aren’t lying about stomach bug type illness and really hope they stay away from windjammer and any pool if they do lie.   

13 minutes ago, topnole said:

Doesn’t the survey ask about stuff like this for multiple days prior?  Seems from my memory it would be impossible to answer the questions honestly without being flagged for health reasons (and likely denied boarding).  One would how folks aren’t lying about stomach bug type illness and really hope they stay away from windjammer and any pool if they do lie.   

Just had the health questionnaire show up in the app. The question says in the last 24 hours now. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RoperDK said:

We are supposed to cruise on Saturday.  Check in time of 10:30. DH woke up today feeling off.  Nauseous, runny nose, lethargy and chills with no fever that we can tell. It could be allergies/sinuses, but he hasn't improved today at all after taking meds. We tested for covid and it was negative.  We are supposed to leave in the morning (Thursday) to drive to see family for one night and then overnight at a port hotel (Friday).  It is horrible timing.  Can't really wait it out and see what happens and shouldn't go and expose family or cruisers to whatever it might be.  We have Royal's insurance.  Does anyone know the timing of the cancel for any reason or what proof you might need to cancel for sickness under these circumstances?  In my 40 cruises, this is a new one on me.  Help!

Retake the COVID test again--swab the back of the throat b4 swabbing the nose. 

Apparently this strain is showing a lot of false negatives with just a nose swab.

I tested negative last Tues AM with just a nose swab.

Tested about 10 hours later, swabbing throat first & it went IMMEDIATELY to positive.

Symptoms sound just like mine...worst was just a day.

But didn't test negative until yesterday, so a good week.

I know he feels better but COVID is surging again...numerous people on my Med cruise that I returned from last Monday got it (and that's just the ones on FB that I know of!)

I know you wouldn't want to spread, so I do advise a re-test JUST in case.

Good luck.

Edited by KKB
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2