Should Celebrity forum be divided

Ex-Airbalancer

Should the Celebrity be divide into two section?  

330 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Celebrity section on this forum be divide into 2 sub section , one for Retreat and for Aqua and below. As Retreat passengers have a different cruise expectations than the rest of the passengers

I have sailed in every cabin category that Celebrity has and have enjoyed all of them (minus the time I got sick in the inside cabin prison) so dividing this forum would be wrong. But this does remind me of the joke---- How do you know if someone is a Vegan/into Crossfit/a pilot/only sails in the Retreat?  Don't worry, they will tell you!

Edited by neverlaysup
  • Haha 9

This post feels more about instigating something than anything to be given serious thought.   No other cruise line forum does this and all of them have similar areas .. NCL has Haven ... MSC has Yacht Club .. do they separate discussions?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mom says said:

Having a hard time deciding if this is elitism at its worst, or populism. Neither are appropriate IMO.

Should NCLs forum be split into NCL Haven and NCL steerage? How about MSC Yacht Club plus MSC for the masses. And then there's Cunard for commoners and Cunard Grills. I'm sure the mods have nothing better to do. 

I ditto'd what you said bascially saying the same thing ... overlooked yours before I responded.

This post stirs something up in me for some reason, just sounds so out there.  Not even worth a vote even though implied by my response(s).

Edited by poffles
  • Haha 1

No need...

Just follow the threads you find relevant or helpful

most threads are generally about Celebrity which should be of interest to all   Many cruisers  book diff levels all the time   so too much work to follow sub threads!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

PS 

Retreat  and AQ class have nothing in common.  Different size and style of  staterooms,  diff perks, diff areas of access ( Retreat for suite/ thermal suites for AQ ),  diff assigned dining and very diff pricing.

Not sure why they would be lumped together. Mostly AQ cruisers not very interested in suite issues and vice versa!

• Thanks 1

I haven’t canceled my next two cruises.  I’m not tired of Celebrity.  I’m tired of this forum.  I’m starting to skip entire threads.  The complaining about the complaining is starting to get to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I haven’t canceled my next two cruises.  I’m not tired of Celebrity.  I’m tired of this forum.  I’m starting to skip entire threads.  The complaining about the complaining is starting to get to me.

I have a complaint about your complaint about people complaining about  complaining.

Edited by CruisinShips
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

I would find the proposed split sad. 

I have not yet sailed in the retreat, but reading threads from Retreat passengers is very interesting to me for two reasons:

1. Reading about their experience could convince me one day, to go all-in and try the retreat.

2. A lot of Retreat passengers are experienced cruisers. They have a lot of helpful tips to share to relatively inexperiences cruisers such as myself. 

Meanwhile, non retreat cruisers have also shared nice tips about their experience in the MDR and other ships venues.

In short, the proposed split would really impact negatively my experience on Cruise Critics. So, I vote : No.

• Like 1

We cruise Celebrity because we like the full ship experience. We book Silhouette, Eclipse, Infinity….to enjoy what is on board…

We usually then book the Retreat because we want the bigger room and what goes with it but that is an ‘accessory’ just like booking a speciality dining package…In years gone by when our cruises were more about itinerary we wouldn’t have been able to afford nor would we have wanted or appreciated a suite…

I do find some posts quite divisive…a bit us and them…Not appropriate, not needed in my personal opinion…We are all simply lovers of sea travel…

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cachouonacruise said:

I would find the proposed split sad. 

I have not yet sailed in the retreat, but reading threads from Retreat passengers is very interesting to me for two reasons:

1. Reading about their experience could convince me one day, to go all-in and try the retreat.

2. A lot of Retreat passengers are experienced cruisers. They have a lot of helpful tips to share to relatively inexperiences cruisers such as myself. 

Meanwhile, non retreat cruisers have also shared nice tips about their experience in the MDR and other ships venues.

In short, the proposed split would really impact negatively my experience on Cruise Critics. So, I vote : No.

That was us.  Booked in Aqua twice.  Heard about the Retreat.  Tried it and booked another Retreat cruise.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Since Retreat passengers have a different  expectations than the rest of the passengers 

Should this forum be divide , Retreat and Aqua and the rest 

"  different  expectations " ??

Where d'ya dream that one up ? 

Perhaps you meant different " entitlements " because they paid more ?

We don't stay in a suite and have the same expectations ( an enjoyable cruise ) as anyone else.

Come to think of it--- we also are " entitled "-------to get what we paid for.

Here's the answer --- Pretty soon !!

Here's the question--- How long is it going to take for this thread to become kinda, sorta nasty ?

Is it just me or are some of the complaints about the food in particular totally nuts.

Someone posted that their French onion soup was served cold--- Ok, now what ?

And, that dandy about no round tomatoes ??

Boy oh boy, the line ups at GR  is going to get longer and longer with people removing their gratuities.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kywildcatfanone said:

You can put me in the steerage forum.  

Same here. But honestly, if people would title their posts to indicate questions or comments about suites/retreat/aqua, etc, or those having to do with amenities are are only available to certain tiers those of us who rarely or never book in that cabin class or aren't at that tier don't need to bother looking at. For example, titling a post "Disappointed by Apex" would have me clicking on it if I was booked on Apex. But "Disappointed about my butler service on Apex" I probably wouldn't read since I would never book a cabin category that comes with a butler.  Just like I don't read any post that begins "We are Elite",  or "Elite [fill in the blank]", since I'm not. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

Same here. But honestly, if people would title their posts to indicate questions or comments about suites/retreat/aqua, etc, or those having to do with amenities are are only available to certain tiers those of us who rarely or never book in that cabin class or aren't at that tier don't need to bother looking at. For example, titling a post "Disappointed by Apex" would have me clicking on it if I was booked on Apex. But "Disappointed about my butler service on Apex" I probably wouldn't read since I would never book a cabin category that comes with a butler.  Just like I don't read any post that begins "We are Elite",  or "Elite [fill in the blank]", since I'm not. 

I’m interested in suites but I hope I’m not obnoxious about it.  I hate the posts that mention elite status when it’s not relevant.  “I’m elite and I just ate a sandwich.”

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I’m interested in suites but I hope I’m not obnoxious about it.  I hate the posts that mention elite status when it’s not relevant.  “I’m elite and I just ate a sandwich.”

Well sure, if I was considering a suite, I'd be all over it. But let me know in the title, then I can decide. 

I crack up at the people who state they have double zenith status. All I can  think of double secret probation. Seriously,  I think many people who have achieved those status think that if they tell you their status it gives more weight to their answer. And for some its just a flex. 

5 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:
critic

krĭt′ĭk

noun

1. One who forms and expresses judgments of the merits, faults, value, or truth of a matter.

Just chuckling --- We are all also members of Captain's Club but doubt many of us our Captain's.  

Maybe I qualify under the last Similar -

image.thumb.png.7bf1dac93c04616c271226df333244d0.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

An interesting thread. i think most knew the great majority would vote No. Most of us are Cruisers….not some subclass. And hearing what each of us have to share on these threads helps, and doesnt have to be separated by some level of taste or financial status. most threads are more general and those that focus on Retreat can be bypassed if that isnt of your interest. 

Many well off cruisers do not pick Retreat. They’d rather use their funds in other ways. Some who cant really afford Retreat will save up and give it a go just to experience it. Id say many also dont really care to go Retreat or only cruise Retreat, but that is little impact on most of the subjects of these threads.

We’ve cruised Celebrity over 30 times and have done Retreat once, on a TransAtlantic with all its sea days which gave us a great chance to take full advantage of such an experience. Loved it, but it’s Not a ‘thing’ that I need for most cruising itineraries. 

Loved this thread for the the light jokes and fun shared on the subject. And of course I Always love the one poster who has to label anyone who enjoys some Line as Cheerleaders and those that seem to find a complaint over very minor things as those that ‘call it as it is’. Silly. Most of us just enjoy cruising and dont spend time or effort in finding things to complain about but will share our opinion when X is making real cuts or does dumb things. 

Enough. Celebrity at this time provides what we are looking for in cruising. I enjoy the overall X experience and love to read on what others who go Retreat or go to the specialty restaurants many times, or take the special tours. And those that find fun ways of enjoying cruising without spending a lot. 

Den

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

An interesting thread. i think most knew the great majority would vote No. Most of us are Cruisers….not some subclass. And hearing what each of us have to share on these threads helps, and doesnt have to be separated by some level of taste or financial status. most threads are more general and those that focus on Retreat can be bypassed if that isnt of your interest. 

Many well off cruisers do not pick Retreat. They’d rather use their funds in other ways. Some who cant really afford Retreat will save up and give it a go just to experience it. Id say many also dont really care to go Retreat or only cruise Retreat, but that is little impact on most of the subjects of these threads.

We’ve cruised Celebrity over 30 times and have done Retreat once, on a TransAtlantic with all its sea days which gave us a great chance to take full advantage of such an experience. Loved it, but it’s Not a ‘thing’ that I need for most cruising itineraries. 

Loved this thread for the the light jokes and fun shared on the subject. And of course I Always love the one poster who has to label anyone who enjoys some Line as Cheerleaders and those that seem to find a complaint over very minor things as those that ‘call it as it is’. Silly. Most of us just enjoy cruising and dont spend time or effort in finding things to complain about but will share our opinion when X is making real cuts or does dumb things. 

Enough. Celebrity at this time provides what we are looking for in cruising. I enjoy the overall X experience and love to read on what others who go Retreat or go to the specialty restaurants many times, or take the special tours. And those that find fun ways of enjoying cruising without spending a lot. 

Den

but is there Prime RIB in the mdr?

• Haha 1