Radiance of the Seas Sept 15th is HAPPENING!! - Live with Beeline

1 hour ago, Beeline Cruiser said:

SERIOUSLY?? And yes I'll be eating in Seward for the next couple days because the Windjammer is STILL GROSS!

121.jpg

Looking forward to seeing food pics, from the ship & Seward.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

@Beeline Cruiser OMG! You are finally on a ship again. Looking forward to your food reviews. They’ll be the same as before, but hopefully the pictures will actually be yours.

I love cruising - but this is already not a great vacation. First MDR was not my FAVORITE but the servers were good. Photos coming but food isn't an excuse for all the other problems. And yeah seriously no one has rose colored glasses on anymore!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Beeline Cruiser said:

I love cruising - but this is already not a great vacation. First MDR was not my FAVORITE but the servers were good. Photos coming but food isn't an excuse for all the other problems. And yeah seriously no one has rose colored glasses on anymore!!

I hope you have a good cruise and find something you like although it’s sounding like that is highly unlikely.   Don’t forget to try the Mac and cheese.

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

That is unfortunate. I have yet to be in a gross WJ.

I know, we usually eat more meals in the WJ then anywhere else.  If we are tired from a busy day we will grab a bite in the WJ instead of a lengthy dinner in the MDR.  I thought our cruise on the Radiance had really good food.

• Like 3

Radiance isn't the only ship stuck because of bad weather.  Norwegian Escape is anchored off of Staten Island. At least in Seward you can walk off and on.  Btw the draining of water in the Solarium pool is because the floor around the pool is tile which would be quite slippery if water came out of the pool in rough weather.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Radiance isn't the only ship stuck because of bad weather.  Norwegian Escape is anchored off of Staten Island. At least in Seward you can walk off and on.  Btw the draining of water in the Solarium pool is because the floor around the pool is tile which would be quite slippery if water came out of the pool in rough weather.  

Use to Cruise ever Sept, at least 1/3 my Cruises they had drain Pool due to Weather/Waves/Hurricanes. At least Radiance is back in action. Looking forward to Boarding her in couple weeks for B2B inc the Panama Canal

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

That is unfortunate. I have yet to be in a gross WJ.

Agree, never been Gross in my Experience. On Serenade since Labor Day, been eating in WJ at least twice a Day and still no issues. Though offerings/Menus(inc the WJ) are still better on these longer Sailings then short cruises of 7nites or less

• Like 2

20 hours ago, strickers said:

looks OK, not great, but OK. 

This is OK?

20 hours ago, strickers said:

I just wish RC would be honest but I’m not feeling that that is the case. 

What's dishonest?  Are they conrolling the weather?

Screenshot 2023-09-16 14.04.23.png

Edited by jwlane
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, jwlane said:

This is OK?

What's dishonest?  Are they conrolling the weather?

Screenshot 2023-09-16 14.04.23.png

Fair comment and I did say on another thread this morning that from a safety perspective the decision not to sail was the right one. It's just the way in which this was communicated especially after the two cancelled cruises. Maybe Radiance should be rename Emotional Rollercoaster of the Seas?

Ridiculous! This bed isn't comfortable enough for a whole week - maybe the first night or two MAX if you're tired. Seriously?!

And we can’t wait until tomorrow to leave this ship!! And yes we'll be staying at the Hilton in Anchorage until Friday with points. Honestly I am SO grateful to go back and actually SEE ALASKA!! That's what we all came here for, right??

13 minutes ago, Beeline Cruiser said:

Ridiculous! This bed isn't comfortable enough for a whole week - maybe the first night or two MAX if you're tired. Seriously?!

And we can’t wait until tomorrow to leave this ship!! And yes we'll be staying at the Hilton in Anchorage until Friday with points. Honestly I am SO grateful to go back and actually SEE ALASKA!! That's what we all came here for, right??

Are you going to take the train from Seward to Anchorage?

24 minutes ago, Beeline Cruiser said:

You're still on a cruise. 50% OBC and free drinks...We would take it without hesitancy. If you fly back, you will have to do it on your own dime. And they have been very firm about no additional compensation. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

You're still on a cruise. 50% OBC and free drinks...We would take it without hesitancy. If you fly back, you will have to do it on your own dime. And they have been very firm about no additional compensation. 

YES but spending it in Anchorage will be an amazing experience and value for money to get here + see nature, HUGE!! And yes it is only 240,000 Hilton Hotel points. Honestly being onboard hasn't been such a great experience - we just want off tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, Beeline Cruiser said:

YES but spending it in Anchorage will be an amazing experience and value for money to get here + see nature, HUGE!! And yes it is only 240,000 Hilton Hotel points. Honestly being onboard hasn't been such a great experience - we just want off tomorrow.

Are you planning to return to the ship to continue the cruise once it leaves Seward? Or are you done?