Main Dining Room Chopped Salad?

Heatherco

1 minute ago, parrotfeathers said:

I did that for hubby the other night and when I took him his supper he said "why did you chop the lettuce up in little bits?"  Oh well.

Haha - did you tell him to close his eyes and pretend he is on the ship enjoying a Tutti Salad?!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, blueslily said:

I'm sad that I will never get to experience this salad you all rave about. Man!

The salad lovers might be over doing it a bit - it was just a salad bar with lots of options in which the staff did all the work in a nicer setting than the WJ.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The salad lovers might be over doing it a bit - it was just a salad bar with lots of options in which the staff did all the work in a nicer setting than the WJ.

Agree, I never understood why people were so excited about it.🤣

Sherri🙂

10 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

You know that we are not talking about a regular salad bar, right?

yes. on explorer, at the action cooking station, they have done the tutti salad station some nights at the buffet. similar to how they used to do in the dining room at lunch, but at dinner. the selection is not as wide. I even think the sign said tutti salad. 

4 hours ago, sjb317 said:

Sherri🙂

HAL did away with the yum yum man and they were also very upset.  Sometimes it's just the tradition that matters.  I haven't been able to start back cruising but there's no telling what may change before I can get back.

4 hours ago, sjb317 said:

Sherri🙂

I am one of the people who loved it, I really enjoy a good salad at lunch and there were great toppings including shrimps, prosciutto, and all kind of different cheese on top of all of the regular toppings.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, clochette said:

I am one of the people who loved it, I really enjoy a good salad at lunch and there were great toppings including shrimps, prosciutto, and all kind of different cheese on top of all of the regular toppings.

Also having them chop the salad the way they did blended the ingredients in a way that would be hard to accomplish using a knife and fork on a plate.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

HAL did away with the yum yum man and they were also very upset.  Sometimes it's just the tradition that matters.  I haven't been able to start back cruising but there's no telling what may change before I can get back.

What is thr yum yum man?

23 hours ago, smarterman64 said:

they have offered it at the buffet on certain nights. 

Our last cruise on Jewel (2022) had an area set up in the WJ lunch one day that was doing something very similar to the Tutti Salad.

31 minutes ago, blueslily said:

What is thr yum yum man?

Official name : Dining Room greeter. He traditionally goes around the ship with the Dining chime to remind guests of their imminent dining time ( main/late seating), after dinner, he offers , or better said offerED after dinner treats like Candied ginger and mints. His uniform was very traditional, red and gold 

1C0868B2-A91A-4DE1-B4FF-A76037921C41.jpeg

• Like 1