Did Celebrity eliminate helipad sailaway on the Equinox?

peterde

I was just looking at PTZTV’s old sailaways and I noticed that the last time there were people on the Equinox’s helipad for sailway out of Port Everglades was on July 8. I couldn’t find anyone there after that. Did they eliminate that perk (for CC and up) or is there another reason why the helipad isn’t being used anymore? 

Edited by peterde

5 hours ago, Barb1403 said:

On the Eclipse they now charge for helipad on the sail away day and it ain’t cheap.

We would  not pay for that..not worth it

We've gone a few times by invitation. on various ships. Only for ports not Port Ev

Nice views depending on the port but usually very sunny.( need a hat and sunscreen).

Sometimes they served lite bites or passed snacks and bubbly.. other times nothing.  Mostly a stand up event..after you cllmb some stairs

Fun once but one and done for us!

• Like 4

Way overrated.   Did it once for the novelty.   Not the best view.   A long time standing around in the sun.  You need to get there early to get a place by the rail.   If you aren’t at the rail you really can’t see anything. 

If the view from there is so great why isn’t the bridge at that level?

Best place for a sail away is an upper deck or your balcony.  

Some ports would be the Martini bar because once you pull away from the pier there is nothing more to see as you already seen it when docked.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

We enjoyed an Equinox sail away some years ago out of Venice when they slowly moved along the harbour and out to sea.....so the view was wonderful.  IMO it was a lovely experience.  Stopped now as the ships can't go through and the port for Venice is Ravenna.  Invited another time but wind prevented and it was cancelled.  Another invite was in the Caribbean... so they're still happening.  Each time wine and apps were served....just made it a little nicer.  Didn't go the last time we were invited.  Can't duplicate the Venice sail away in our mind.

1 hour ago, lylone said:

Huh?  for the last 4 cruises on it was by invitation only.  Now they are charging?

Not worth paying any charge for sail away...if not invited it becomes a commercial payout like an excursion, not a lovely experience.  Wish the poster would provide cost and ship.

17 hours ago, Barb1403 said:

On the Eclipse they now charge for helipad on the sail away day and it ain’t cheap.

13 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

More information please

I agree, more info would be nice.  Would you mind posting a link to the activity and charges?  

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, peterde said:

I was just looking at PTZTV’s old sailaways and I noticed that the last time there were people on the Equinox’s helipad for sailway out of Port Everglades was on July 8. I couldn’t find anyone there after that. Did they eliminate that perk (for CC and up) or is there another reason why the helipad isn’t being used anymore? 

Got to go to the helipad twice on our B2B Eastern/Western on Equinox in August 23.  (Not from FLL on either one)

Edited by MisterMet

1 hour ago, islabahia said:

Please provide links showing how much the charge is and when did it rollout.  

I doubt a link even exists and if it did they wouldn't have it as they're on the ship.

So @Barb1403, it would be greatly appreciated if the cost is in the daily or app if you would post an image of it 🙂

I was on the Summit August 30, 2023 New England/Canada cruise.  I was invited to the sailaway from Prince Edward Island.  I have done many of the sailaways and skipped it, but was surprised to see they offered sailaway from Quebec for $79 pp.  Apparently some ports are more desirable for a sailaway and can generate revenue.

Edited by CTSandy

7 hours ago, CTSandy said:

I was on the Summit August 30, 2023 New England/Canada cruise.  I was invited to the sailaway from Prince Edward Island.  I have done many of the sailaways and skipped it, but was surprised to see they offered sailaway from Quebec for $79 pp.  Apparently some ports are more desirable for a sailaway and can generate revenue.

$79 to stand??? Was it narrated?  Still not worth it! Did they serve special French food???  There must be more to it

Edited by gold1953
addition

2 hours ago, gold1953 said:

$79 to stand??? Was it narrated?  Still not worth it! Did they serve special French food???  There must be more to it

I have no idea if anything was offered - I sat on my balcony and enjoyed sailaway there.  It was a beautiful day and I imagine seeing the St. Lawrence was nice from that vantage point, but I have skipped free offers before, I wasn’t going to pay for one.  Curious if this is a regular offer on this cruise.  I saw it on the daily the day before.

On 9/20/2023 at 6:11 AM, hcat said:

We would  not pay for that..not worth it

Definitely not worth it. I had a sunset verandah on deck 10 and went to the helipad to see sailaway. So so disappointing as my views from my own veranda were much better.   Maybe from a regular balcony it would be ok

We were invited to sailaway on the helipad last February.  Ship was Reflection and sailaway from Nassau.  We were Concierge and I've done these numerous times at numerous ports.   The bubbly is nice and the view is okay, but I would never pay extra for the privilege, since I have already paid extra for Concierge status.