New menus 2023 ?

monakayk

Does anyone have the new MDR menus that came out in August of 2023? If so can you post them or post a link to them? I did a search and couldn't find any new menus. Thanks in advance.

Edited by monakayk

I have the complete set of 14 MDR menus offered on the Millennium Trans-Pacific cruise that ended about a week ago.They are posted in the order of the cruise - the first menu the first night, etc.

TP Night 1.jpg

TP Night 2.jpg

TP Night 3.jpg

TP Night 4.jpg

TP Night 5.jpg

TP Night 6.jpg

TP Night 7.jpg

TP Night 8.jpg

TP Night 9.jpg

TP Night 10.jpg

TP Night 11.jpg

TP Night 12.jpg

TP Night 13.jpg

TP Night 14.jpg

Edited by TommyD3
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 13

26 minutes ago, Baggy178 said:

Perhaps it's just us down in Riff Raff Clas™ but those menus look perfectly fine to us.

Varied with lots of choice.

It's mass catering not fancy pants - what do you expect ?

I am definitely riff raff class, we sail in inside staterooms. As someone who cruises on  Celebrity regularly, I expect to not lose options that have been there for years, while at the same time paying a lot more for a cruise. 

Yes, those menus look fine, but not fine compared to what they were mere  months ago. Somehow, Celebrity always managed to make those mass catered meals seem a little fancy pants , and that was great . I'm concerned that regular cruisers are reporting back now that not only are options gone, but quality is declining.

• Like 21

we will be in BLU next but could manage those menus with some creative ordering..

Presentation of  the food itself is no longer appetizing, but  of course it's the taste that counts. 

No idea where X sources its food but where we are in NY and Fl...quality of meat is down..prices are up. Only get top quality at upscale restaurants at premium cost!

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, govanguy said:

Looks like they've shrank the main menu and added the previous always available to pad out a poor selection.

Looking like my Jan 24 cruise may be my  last.

That’s exactly what they have done! In September our first nights menu was the third night from above (just a ten night cruise),prime rib and it was as good as always.But the menu went downhill from then on.We we’re on the next cruise a nine night and booked speciality, and even went to the buffet for nearly every night because the menu was so poor.The always available only ever used to have the salmon in the past if there was nothing I fancied on the main menu.Tried it on the first cruise and it was overcooked, this was toward the end of the first cruise.I didn’t send it back we just went to the buffet for a snack instead.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Smmessineo said:

I am definitely riff raff class, we sail in inside staterooms. As someone who cruises on  Celebrity regularly, I expect to not lose options that have been there for years, while at the same time paying a lot more for a cruise. 

Yes, those menus look fine, but not fine compared to what they were mere  months ago. Somehow, Celebrity always managed to make those mass catered meals seem a little fancy pants , and that was great . I'm concerned that regular cruisers are reporting back now that not only are options gone, but quality is declining.

" Yes, those menus look fine, but not fine compared to what they were mere  months ago. "

I don't get this.

You're saying the menu is fine but not as fine as it was.

I mean you can only eat one meal at a time and if there's always something fine to eat on the menu then it's doing its job.

Cost-cutting in the shape of a smaller menu and increased fares was always inevitable after lockdown but I've just looked at the MDR menu for our next cruise and there's plenty of stuff on every day I'd happily chow down.

18 minutes ago, Baggy178 said:

" Yes, those menus look fine, but not fine compared to what they were mere  months ago. "

I don't get this.

You're saying the menu is fine but not as fine as it was.

I mean you can only eat one meal at a time and if there's always something fine to eat on the menu then it's doing its job.

Cost-cutting in the shape of a smaller menu and increased fares was always inevitable after lockdown but I've just looked at the MDR menu for our next cruise and there's plenty of stuff on every day I'd happily chow down.

Your response to everything is similar. "It's ok. There's always something to eat" ....etc.

You missed my entire point. If you are new to Celebrity, it looks fine. If you know from previous  recent experience, you see what's missing. I understand higher fares or some cuts, but both? 

• Like 15

33 minutes ago, Smmessineo said:

Your response to everything is similar. "It's ok. There's always something to eat" ....etc.

You missed my entire point. If you are new to Celebrity, it looks fine. If you know from previous  recent experience, you see what's missing. I understand higher fares or some cuts, but both? 

You're exactly right.  Choices are dimished and reduced quality is definitely quite noticeable (from someone who has been on two Celebrity cruises this year.)  The "you didn't starve" argument is absurd.     

I didn't book another cruise on-board as I usually do so it definitely tells me something about my expectations and what I value. If I'm going to pay those prices, I expect better quality choices and food, not to be disappointed most evenings.  

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Smmessineo said:

The whole point is someone like me, who has never sailed Celebrity before, thinks the menus look perfectly acceptable.

Steaks, fish, pork, chicken, pasta are among the entrees most nights and there's a good variety of starters and desserts.

And we don't even eat in MDRs. It's buffet all the way for us without having all that queuing up and waiting forever for food to contend with.

I'd be quite happy with a menu like that in one of my local eateries - the bigger the menu the fewer things on it are made fresh - and in some ways it's better than the inn I'm looking at through my study window which has been serving food since the 17th century. You can bet their menu has changed a lot over the years !

In fact I wonder how many people new to cruising even bother looking at menus before they book - destination, price and value for money would appear to be the driving factors and in that sense cruise lines are reporting great post-pandemic numbers.

It must be disquieting for people who have invested heavily in building up their loyalty levels who don't want to look elsewhere but that's just testimony to the great work of the guys and gals in marketing.

They have you hooked.

We will be going on Equinox in a few weeks. We haven't cruised since 2019. We will be deciding if we want to continue cruising. From the looks of the menus it doesn't look good. Salmon pops up quite a bit. I have about 50 lbs. of salmon in my freezer from my 6 week fishing trip in Alaska. Don't need any more. My favorite meal on a cruise is Osso Bucco and I didn't see that. As I am sure they will not cart me off the ship from lack of food I can certainly see the down grade of the food menus. Will be a very interesting cruise.

• Like 5

It appears the buffet has slightly improved from what was previously posted.(had been down to  few open choices)  We use the buffet a few times for bkfst( waffles), maybe a lunch or two   and once per cruise for a  night off from regular dining.  To us  buffet dining is associated with short gambling cruises in the bahamas.

The "new" mdr menus are of interest to most cruisers who are not assigned to BLU or Luminae and who associate cruising with  nice dinners ,  esp on Celebrity which received many culinary awards over the years!

Hoping  conversation  will also include BLU  and Luminae menus, the 4 mdr menus on E class and Specialty venues on various ships  The thread title is broad enough to cover it all..thanks to OP for starting it.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Baggy178 said:

The whole point is someone like me, who has never sailed Celebrity before, thinks the menus look perfectly acceptable.

Steaks, fish, pork, chicken, pasta are among the entrees most nights and there's a good variety of starters and desserts.

And we don't even eat in MDRs. It's buffet all the way for us without having all that queuing up and waiting forever for food to contend with.

I'd be quite happy with a menu like that in one of my local eateries - the bigger the menu the fewer things on it are made fresh - and in some ways it's better than the inn I'm looking at through my study window which has been serving food since the 17th century. You can bet their menu has changed a lot over the years !

In fact I wonder how many people new to cruising even bother looking at menus before they book - destination, price and value for money would appear to be the driving factors and in that sense cruise lines are reporting great post-pandemic numbers.

It must be disquieting for people who have invested heavily in building up their loyalty levels who don't want to look elsewhere but that's just testimony to the great work of the guys and gals in marketing.

They have you hooked.

Several corrections to your assumptions. I'm not comparing Celebrity menus from many years ago, I'm comparing them from months ago. I sailed December 2022 on the Equinox. Ship was full, long after the return to sailing after COVID. 

And don't insult me  and imply  marketing has us hooked. The 8 cruises I have booked with them were at lower prices and better add-ons than offered now. I wouldn't book them in today's conditions. The 2 cruises I booked this past month are not with Celebrity. 

They are losing a lot of loyal cruisers and picking up new cruisers like you for their next era. 

Edited by Smmessineo
  • Like 11

5 minutes ago, Smmessineo said:

Several corrections to your assumptions. I'm not comparing Celebrity menus from many years ago, I'm comparing them from months ago. I sailed December 2022 on the Equinox. Ship was full, long after the return to sailing after COVID. 

And don't insult me  and imply  marketing has us hooked. The 8 cruises I have booked with them were at lower prices and better add-ons than offered now. I wouldn't book them in today's conditions. The 2 cruises I booked this past month are not with Celebrity. 

They are losing a lot of loyal cruisers and picking up new cruisers like you for their next era. 

I've no doubt there are plenty of loyal cruisers on the lines you have booked with who are also transferring their allegiances for one reason or another, food included.

Celebrity's job is to fill cabins and sell stuff at prices passengers wouldn't normally entertain on dry land.

They seem to be doing a pretty good job of it without a return to the Golded Age of Cruising ( dec '22 re-mix ). People vote with their wallet and not from reading aggrieved complainants on CC.

2 minutes ago, foodsvcmgr said:

Sad that there are no more actual rotating appetizers, only soups and salads plus the daily shrimp cocktail and escargot.

That is exactly what I have been saying.  They used to have some really good "real" appetizers not just soup or salad and all of those are gone.  

• Like 6

4 hours ago, hcat said:

we will be in BLU next but could manage those menus with some creative ordering..

Presentation of  the food itself is no longer appetizing, but  of course it's the taste that counts. 

No idea where X sources its food but where we are in NY and Fl...quality of meat is down..prices are up. Only get top quality at upscale restaurants at premium cost!

whole choice beef tenderloin currently wholesale here in our area of florida is $18 a lb and that is untrimmed....Now you understand why their menus are full of sirloin, flank, and other cheap cuts of meat.....I dont see any improvements in the near future...Thankful that  we eat better than the mdr  celeb menu every night at home...and thanks to my chef mother that taught me how to cook..life is good 

• Like 1