D+ laundry perk and bogo

colesc15

For the diamond plus free bag of laundry, is that 1 per cabin or since my wife and I will both be D+, would we each get one free bag even though we're in the same cabin? 

I guess same question regarding Bogo specialty dining on day 1, could we do day 1 and day 2 and essentially then get 2 free dining later in the cruise? 

8 minutes ago, colesc15 said:

For the diamond plus free bag of laundry, is that 1 per cabin or since my wife and I will both be D+, would we each get one free bag even though we're in the same cabin?

You each get a free bag.

8 minutes ago, colesc15 said:

I guess same question regarding Bogo specialty dining on day 1, could we do day 1 and day 2 and essentially then get 2 free dining later in the cruise?

You each get one BOGO offer. So you can get 2 meals where you pay for one person. While results vary by ship/date, more and more people are reporting only being able to use them on nights 1 and 2 (as intended).

6 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

You each get a free bag.

You each get one BOGO offer. So you can get 2 meals where you pay for one person. While results vary by ship/date, more and more people are reporting only being able to use them on nights 1 and 2 (as intended).

Ah got it. So if we went to say chops night 1,we'd just pay for one of us? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, colesc15 said:

Yes, when you make your reservation (if you do it onboard), you go to Chops or wherever and tell them you want a reservation for 2 using your BOGO.

Others have posted having success booking a reservation for one online pre-cruise, then asking for the other person to be added using the BOGO once onboard.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, colesc15 said:

I was on allure late sept when the memo went out to do it day 1 and day 2.

They moved my 2nd night to night 2 without notice.

I'm solo so do night 1 and night 2 if that's what it takes. Pay first night and 2nd night free, so do cheaper restaurant first.

Mike mentioned booking ahead. Allure would not use pre booked lower price. They charged the full price for night 1. 2nd night is free. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, colesc15 said:

One can use the BOGO on night 1 and the other on night 2.  I've had success by having BOGO on 2nd night and the 5th night.  However, as someone mentioned it varies by ships.  I would take a chance and go to any SR as soon as you board and play dumb 🤣and tell them what you desire.  Sometimes it may be a late time reservation.

47 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Mike mentioned booking ahead. Allure would not use pre booked lower price. They charged the full price for night 1. 2nd night is free. 

I would think that with the pre-booked reservation you could at least keep your original time, even if they charged you full price once you got there.  This could be helpful especially if now all the D+ have to use only the 1st and 2nd nights.  Seems like Royal may be trying to limit its use as it would be more likely for nights 1 and 2 to then be sold out, so late boarding D+ would have no availability.

• Like 1

Additional info:

7n sailings...1 bag each of free laundry.

5n or less...no free laundry.

* currently on a 14n sailing...1 bag each of free laundry.

BOGO...depending on ship and sailing, it may exclude some restaurants. Onboard Symphony, BOGO can't be used at Hooked, Chef's Table, Hibachi/Teppanyaki, and Playmakers.

16 minutes ago, The Scurvy Pirate said:

I would think that with the pre-booked reservation you could at least keep your original time, even if they charged you full price once you got there.  This could be helpful especially if now all the D+ have to use only the 1st and 2nd nights.  Seems like Royal may be trying to limit its use as it would be more likely for nights 1 and 2 to then be sold out, so late boarding D+ would have no availability.

I board early and havent had a problem with reservations. People who wait might have issues. I've been able to get early times when I booked. B2b in fact izumi booked bogo for the next leg on sat night before we got off sunday.

I havent seen it mentioned you can book early on b2b. 

2 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

Additional info:

BOGO...depending on ship and sailing, it may exclude some restaurants. Onboard Symphony, BOGO can't be used at Hooked, Chef's Table, Hibachi/Teppanyaki, and Playmakers.

I think I read one post excluded wonderland.. not sure .. another ship. Yes I agree the exclusions vary by ship. 

7 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

Additional info:

Laundry is 5+ nights.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, colesc15 said:

Remember to use your name for one bag of laundry and her name for the other. Same with the BOGO.

15 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

Additional info:

More additional info:  Just came off Symphony last week, and Hooked was available for bogo.  Apparently varies sailing-to-sailing (or varies depending on who/what staff member you ask).

Also varies on ship-to-ship regarding bogo on nt 1/2 vs bogo any night.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, bucfan2 said:

More additional info:  Just came off Symphony last week, and Hooked was available for bogo.  Apparently varies sailing-to-sailing (or varies depending on who/what staff member you ask).

Also varies on ship-to-ship regarding bogo on nt 1/2 vs bogo any night.

bucfan2, so true...able to use BOGO last night at Izumi and it was day 11.

(Last sailing, same week as you, no take-outs were allowed at Izumi...this sailing...it's allowed.)

* Just to see, I'll go back to Hooked today and ask to use our other BOGO. :classic_smile:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Mike mentioned booking ahead. Allure would not use pre booked lower price. They charged the full price for night 1. 2nd night is free

When they charged full price did they charge you for the net difference on board or credited you CC for the initial purchase.  

58 minutes ago, nelblu said:

When they charged full price did they charge you for the net difference on board or credited you CC for the initial purchase.  

First he offered to move the prebooked to another night. I had to say 4 times, no I dont want to just move it. Finally he cancelled it, but I had to push. 

He moved the prebooked and charged me full price. Booked me night 1 and night 4. Someone came along and moved my 5 pm night 4 to night 2 without telling me. Saw it late Monday and immediately set out to get it changed.,

So on Saturday they set me up for the following week, night 1 and night 2. I cancelled the prebooked myself week 2.

Got the bill night 1 week 2, and it included tax. We hadnt reached international water yet, so tax added. I said something and we agreed he would rerun that tab and add $10 to tip which I said I'd rather give a extra tip than pay texas taxes. So they added 18% and i tipped a extra $10. Both nights. Idk. Probably under tipped night 2. I wasnt feeling that well by then, not their fault. Didnt eat much and left. 

Boarding harmony. Cant go any worse. 

• Like 1

We've never had an issue booking our two BOGO's, although we did have to move one to another night on a single occasion (we've used it at least a dozen times) ... not a big deal. One staff member told me that the number of full-price reservations precludes the BOGO's. Night two is generally the busiest, especially at Chops. Whatever ... it's worth it, no matter what. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2023 at 11:19 AM, bonsai3s said:

Additional info:

I quibbled on another cruise, because it seems to me that 5+ sailings would mean 5 nights or longer. And it actually used to say 5 nights or longer. And you would get the bag, and I talked to the concierge, and we were able to get the bag(s). It is not usually an issue, it just happened to be one on a B2B. 

"29_On 5+ night sailings only, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members receive one free $34.99 bag of laundry on Wash & Fold Day. Only valid on the day of the ship’s Wash & Fold laundry promotion. Not valid for any pressing or dry-cleaning services." 

RCI writes such unclear things. 🙄

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, mom4mom said:

Got off Enchantment 2 weeks ago and was able to send out my jeans and shirts in my wash and fold free bag of laundry for D+. Not just limited to PJs, underwear, socks and t-shirts. 

Got lucky, know some inc a few on here that got charged Regular Laundry price for not allowed wash/fold items. With me wouldn't want my nicer items inc my Jeans washed in that extreme hot water. Seen some my Tshirts and even underwear come back faded a shade or 2 lighter but I can live with those

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Coralc said:

I quibbled on another cruise, because it seems to me that 5+ sailings would mean 5 nights or longer. And it actually used to say 5 nights or longer. And you would get the bag, and I talked to the concierge, and we were able to get the bag(s). It is not usually an issue, it just happened to be one on a B2B. 

"29_On 5+ night sailings only, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members receive one free $34.99 bag of laundry on Wash & Fold Day. Only valid on the day of the ship’s Wash & Fold laundry promotion. Not valid for any pressing or dry-cleaning services." 

RCI writes such unclear things. 🙄

My mistake...I've provided a couple of bad information, this topic and another question...no excuses.

• Like 1