Sandwiches at Cafe al Bacio

Susanb10567

I was just watching a YouTube video of the Ascent…looks like there were sandwiches at Cafe al Bacio…is this new? that would be a nice addition..I have never noticed them on other ships…hoping it is fleet wide..we always feel that at times we could use a savory snack as opposed to sweet…and especially since they added the room service charge it is more of an issue..

Edited by Susanb10567

• Susanb10567 changed the title to Sandwiches at Cafe al Bacio

it would  maybe be nice if they are  free.. and does not further slow service...It is  already overcowded as a " coffee and tea"  and card player place..

the sandwiches  at the  Grand Bistro on E class are great  but upcharge...  mostly no charge at EDEN cafe. 

Edited by hcat

42 minutes ago, Susanb10567 said:

I was just watching a YouTube video of the Ascent…looks like there were sandwiches at Cafe al Bacio…is this new? that would be a nice addition..I have never noticed them on other ships…hoping it is fleet wide..we always feel that at times we could use a savory snack as opposed to sweet…and especially since they added the room service charge it is more of an issue..

They used to this on M and S class ships but ceased at least five years ago.

it would be nice if they reinstated it fleet wide 

but are you certain you were looking at Cafe Al Bacio and not done other venue?

• Like 2

Just now, cruisestitch said:

Yes it was definitely Cafe Al Bacio ..

it was Zach’s the traveling man YouTube channel…he is on board now…

I didn’t realize that used to have them…I would be happy if they brought them back …since I don’t think we will be sailing too much in the Retreat after our Beyond cruise on 1/2/24…they have priced us out and I no longer see the value…so no more afternoon tea…so sandwiches included in Cafe Al Bacio would be nice…

Just checked out the video and there ARE sandwiches in Al Bacio. They are pre-made, and share the case with the pastries. There appeared to be 3 different sandwiches. I'm sure they are served as is, like the pastries, so should not slow down service.

Nice to see Celebrity trying something new.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Susanb10567 said:

I would be happy if they brought them back …since I don’t think we will be sailing too much in the Retreat after our Beyond cruise on 1/2/24…they have priced us out and I no longer see the value…so no more afternoon tea…so sandwiches included in Cafe Al Bacio would be nice…

We have been so impressed with all the common areas on Ascent. It definitely feels like an elevated experience across all stateroom categories making us question the value of a suite as well. We will compare the two experiences later this week but so far, I am not feeling the need to spend the extra money. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I’ll be interested to see if this is fleetwide.  I have noticed in the past that often the new ships get amenities that the other ships don’t. 

They didn't have any sandwiches on Solstice earlier this month -- just the 4-5pm in the Oceanview.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Well over 5 years ago and still sadly missed. Please please bring them back.

• Like 3

We are on Ascent also and can confirm the little sandwiches at Baccio. Don’t get too excited about these, they are very small maybe like two bites and pretty basic. Good if you need a little bite with a coffee but that’s about it. 

Lemon tarts are present today too and boy are they good as ever!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, helen haywood said:

I’ll be interested to see if this is fleetwide.  I have noticed in the past that often the new ships get amenities that the other ships don’t. 

None in Edge either so it’s also not an E class thing either.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cruise Gopher said:

We are on Ascent also and can confirm the little sandwiches at Baccio. Don’t get too excited about these, they are very small maybe like two bites and pretty basic. Good if you need a little bite with a coffee but that’s about it. 

Lemon tarts are present today too and boy are they good as ever!

Thanks. Do you know if there is a charge for them? Also, are they in a refrigerated section (post above includes a concern). 

Thanks

No macaroons in Cafe al Bacio anymore.  They stopped them on Constellation Nov 6th and I was told by F&B Dir that it's fleet wide.  "Coconut is expensive."  Meaning zero gluten free cookie option at CaB now.  Next year, IF I choose X for my  TA, I'll bring my own GF Walkers Shortbread cookies.  After this most recent cruise, that's a reeeally big "if."

Edited by goofysmom99
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, goofysmom99 said:

No macaroons in Cafe al Bacio anymore.  They stopped them on Constellation Nov 6th and I was told by F&B Dir that it's fleet wide.  "Coconut is expensive."  Meaning zero gluten free cookie option at CaB now.  Next year, IF I choose X for my  TA, I'll bring my own GF Walkers Shortbread cookies.  After this most recent cruise, that's a reeeally big "if."

They had gluten free macaroons periodically in Cafe Bacio on our B2B Beyond October 20 to Nov 13. That’s too bad.

Edited by MandL
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, blueslily said:

Thanks. Do you know if there is a charge for them? Also, are they in a refrigerated section (post above includes a concern). 

Thanks

No charges for the sandwiches. Again they are TINY. 

They are in the normal case with the rest of the pastries. Not sure how cool it is.