Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

3 hours ago, temple1 said:

Vicariously enjoying the trip from home. 

I have seen several of the TikTok posts on my phone. It is amazing that someone who has never been on a cruise ship (or out of their home) is supposedly on a world cruise. They are putting out so much disinformation it is very sad that their articles are what potential cruisers see about the trip.

Thanks...my sentiments exactly!  Shame about those drama queen Tik Tok posters.  They are just in it for the attention and what crap they can post to get things stirred up to gain points on the hits.  

I get nothing for posting here but the enjoyment I get from the appreciation of people that like to share the adventure.  Thanks again!  🙂 

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, island lady said:

No problem.  Would be happy to help.  🙂 

Awesome! When you get a moment, would you mind emailing me? mborth@cruisecritic.com
Thank you so much! Looking forward to connecting with you. 🙂 

@mo&fran There are some You Tube videos of people on the WC.

One is by a retired couple- I think they go by Life Phase 2 (or something like that). If you search RCL World Cruise on You Tube , their site should come up.

As I have noted before @island lady is doing a great job of keeping CC readers up to date on the WC and their experiences.

Maybe,among  the “new” passengers that boarded the ship recently, someone  may be posting on CC as well.

MJ🙎🏻‍♀️

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, island lady said:

There are a couple of others.  And I hope they continue.  I will be back early July when we rejoin in Barcelona for the last quarter back to Miami.  As I believe Laura has decided to rejoin in Barcelona now, instead of waiting until Copenhagen.  🙂 

Our dearly beloved foam mattress topper will be in good hands when we leave.  😄 

Pat, I just noticed you are now wearing the CC badge for doing live posts. Congratulations.  Thanks for taking us along on your cruise. 🍷

Edited by doghog
  • Like 4

This is how rumors start...........Seems someone watched a passenger give a room tour and saw a (Pinnacle) Pineapple on the door, and imaginations went wild.   New York Post article headline below.  I don't want to post the link, unless I have to.  It caused my computer to crash. but you can google "World cruise and swingers."    

Headline from New York Post story -

Cruising for sex? Secret kinky signs spark rumors swingers are making the Ultimate World Cruise a pleasure playground

By 
Social Links forAndrew Court
Published Jan. 2, 2024
 Updated Jan. 2, 2024, 3:15 p.m. ET

• Haha 6

15 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

One is by a retired couple- I think they go by Life Phase 2 (or something like that). If you search RCL World Cruise on You Tube , their site should come up.

As I have noted before @island lady is doing a great job of keeping CC readers up to date on the WC and their experiences.

Maybe,among  the “new” passengers that boarded the ship recently, someone  may be posting on CC as well.

MJ🙎🏻‍♀️

I have seen that You Tube video, but other than the one where they unpacked at the beginning (interesting) , the next have been about their excursions at ports we have called at anyway. Maybe someone onboard can track them down and convince them to join CC and that will fill the void.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

MJ🙎🏻‍♀️

Thanks...very nice of you to say so. 😊

We already ran into one couple that are new passengers, and are also CC fans today as we came out of the theater earlier this afternoon.  (Indiana Jones and the Dial of destiny).  

They recognized Bucky, as I giggled and ran into the elevator.   I usually try to stay "incognito".  😄 

• Haha 6

17 minutes ago, doghog said:

Pat, I just noticed you are now wearing the CC badge for doing live posts. Congratulations.  Thanks for taking us along on your cruise. 🍷

Aww....thanks.  Nothing I did to deserve it though, and I have someone else to thank for asking the mods to do that.  And that person knows who they are.  😉 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, island lady said:

Aww....thanks.  Nothing I did to deserve it though, and I have someone else to thank for asking the mods to do that.  And that person knows who they are.  😉 

Regardless, you are doing a great job and duly recognized. 🍷

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

This is how rumors start...........Seems someone watched a passenger give a room tour and saw a (Pinnacle) Pineapple on the door, and imaginations went wild.   New York Post article headline below.  I don't want to post the link, unless I have to.  It caused my computer to crash. but you can google "World cruise and swingers."    

Cruising for sex? Secret kinky signs spark rumors swingers are making the Ultimate World Cruise a pleasure playground

By 
Published Jan. 2, 2024

That has been around for a very long time.  Not sure how it started, but upside down Pineapples supposedly mean swingers.  Bucky had made a cute homemade one for a door magnet a few years ago, until idiots starting messing with it by turning it upside down.  We took it down and have never used it since.  

Once again, these are wanna be, pot stirring, adults acting like children to get attention.  I have seen nothing of the sort on this ship.  We are all pretty tame.  This is by no means a party ship. These are serious adventure seekers that paid "a bit more" than 3/4 night non stop party cruises.

IMHO...Carnival claims that section of demographics.  😉 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, island lady said:

On Harmony, they had us sharing rolling mats.  There was not near enough prep ingredients to go around, we kept asking for water...which they never brought.  The sushi chef was really not into it at all, and they did not give out the certificates (which we did not need, but some others wanted them).  

This one was great, with great attention and detail from the crew members.  A real joy.  🙂 

People in the class you are with also make it a lot of fun compared to some other times we have done it.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, island lady said:

That has been around for a very long time.  Not sure how it started, but upside down Pineapples supposedly mean swingers.  Bucky had made a cute homemade one for a door magnet a few years ago, until idiots starting messing with it by turning it upside down.  We took it down and have never used it since.  

Once again, these are wanna be, pot stirring, adults acting like children to get attention.  I have seen nothing of the sort on this ship.  We are all pretty tame.  This is by no means a party ship. These are serious adventure seekers that paid "a bit more" than 3/4 night non stop party cruises.

IMHO...Carnival claims that section of demographics.  😉 

I know the pineapple rumor has been around for a long time, but  my point was the NY Post,s "shocking"  headline.   

Person NOT on the cruise sees an innocent video, makes something up about it and tells it to someone NOT on the cruise,  who then writes a news story about a cruise  that many will believe to be factual.  sad indeed.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 4

35 minutes ago, island lady said:

They recognized Bucky, as I giggled and ran into the elevator.   I usually try to stay "incognito".  😄 

No one on here knows what I or my DH look like and it will stay that way.  If someone brings up CC, I might say I read it sometimes, but never that I post.  Actually, there's one poster that knows us but they don't post over here much, mostly on roll calls and we're friends on FB too.  I do follow John on IG, but so do others from here.

Some of these rumors about this cruise crack me up.  It's easy to tell it's about followers for the IGers and Tik Tokers.  They need the attention.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, temple1 said:

Vicariously enjoying the trip from home. 

I have seen several of the TikTok posts on my phone. It is amazing that someone who has never been on a cruise ship (or out of their home) is supposedly on a world cruise. They are putting out so much disinformation it is very sad that their articles are what potential cruisers see about the trip.

19 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I know the pineapple rumor has been around for a long time, but  my point was the NY Post,s "shocking"  headline.   

Person NOT on the cruise sees an innocent video, makes something up about it and tells it to someone NOT on the cruise,  who then writes a news story about a cruise  that many will believe to be factual.  sad indeed.

M

I don't do TikTok or any of those other platforms such as that.  For anyone that does is there a way to comment, calling them out about not being on the ship?  Maybe if they get bad comments or reactions they will calm it down a bit?  I am sure many out there believe all they are posting.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, BND said:

No one on here knows what I or my DH look like and it will stay that way.  If someone brings up CC, I might say I read it sometimes, but never that I post.

Sounds like us as well.😇 Pinnacle dog tags have never been out of the little boxes they came in, and are comfortably located with all of the other tier pins (which are still on the cards they came on.) 

While we enjoy posting our experiences on CC, we enjoy our privacy a lot more.😉

Edited by orville99
  • Like 5

20 minutes ago, akcruz said:

I don't do TikTok or any of those other platforms such as that.  For anyone that does is there a way to comment, calling them out about not being on the ship?  Maybe if they get bad comments or reactions they will calm it down a bit?  I am sure many out there believe all they are posting.

IMHO, if they start getting called out for their inaccuracies, it will only embolden them to use it as "proof" of what they are spouting, and double down on their tripe.

• Like 1

I look just like my pic and a couple of people from long cruises have come up and introduced themselves. I don’t mind. I’m a solo traveler, and pretty much a loner, so a polite nice to meet you doesn’t bother me. I’ve met several CC posters ( I don’t do FB). It’s just nice to put a name to a face. That’s it. 

• Like 10

So is today a "turnaround day" where this leg of the cruise is over, and the next one begins?  Do the world cruisers act like b2b2b (x274 days)?  Or even segmented cruisers.  Did i miss a post about that?  We are on page 65.

28 minutes ago, Rogueperson said:

So is today a "turnaround day" where this leg of the cruise is over, and the next one begins?  Do the world cruisers act like b2b2b (x274 days)?  Or even segmented cruisers.  Did i miss a post about that?  We are on page 65.

Doesn't sound like it was a big deal, just like any other cruise ending and a new cruise starting. No one had to walk the plank 😉

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Thanks...my sentiments exactly!  Shame about those drama queen Tik Tok posters.  They are just in it for the attention and what crap they can post to get things stirred up to gain points on the hits.  

I get nothing for posting here but the enjoyment I get from the appreciation of people that like to share the adventure.  Thanks again!  🙂 

I just want to say that I am really enjoying this thread!  Thanks for creating it Pat!

We jumped onboard today, so hope to share a glass of wine with you and Bucky in the near future!  

• Like 11

55 minutes ago, akcruz said:

I didn't watch the TikTok but read some of the article at the link below. Seems some people don't know there are different types of cabins on ships. Wait until she finds out what other perks frequent Royal cruisers receive, perhaps she'll leave the cruise.  😉

https://www.dailydot.com/news/royal-caribbean-9-month-cruise-special-treatment/

‘Clacissm? On MY elite world cruise?’: Passengers on 9-month Royal Caribbean cruise say they booked the same experience–but some people are getting special treatment

'You can't convince me that this isn't a social experiment.'

2 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

By 
Published Jan. 2, 2024

Thought I saw someone wearing upside down Pineapple Shirt.

3 hours ago, mo&fran said:

I am curious , are you and Lala the only ones porting on this thread who are actually on the cruise. If so, once you guys get to LA, there will be no one to carry this thread through the travels around the rest of the world.   

...must be too BUSY to post

58 minutes ago, temple1 said:

I didn't watch the TikTok but read some of the article at the link below. Seems some people don't know there are different types of cabins on ships. Wait until she finds out what other perks frequent Royal cruisers receive, perhaps she'll leave the cruise.  😉

https://www.dailydot.com/news/royal-caribbean-9-month-cruise-special-treatment/

‘Clacissm? On MY elite world cruise?’: Passengers on 9-month Royal Caribbean cruise say they booked the same experience–but some people are getting special treatment

'You can't convince me that this isn't a social experiment.'

Are they even sailing where the northern lights can be seen? I thought they were way too far south for that. (One of the things the blogger whines about - that some allegedly got invited to see them.) Regardless, I agree - she clearly doesn't understand how cruises work. There are almost always things that upper tiers are invited to that lower tiers aren't. It's just how things work.

• Like 5