Friday December 8th, 2023 -- The Fleet Report and Daily

richwmn

Good evening everyone!

It is time for me to jump in here and say hi to everyone. I do read the Daily, daily, but posting seems to get lost in time. I certainly get more out of this than I contribute. I need to work on that, I now have an assignment for myself.

I continue to thank everyone who are the mainstay contributors here; your diligence for us all is commendable and greatly appreciated. Actually, I want to thank anyone and everyone who contributes to this thread, no matter what the topic or discussion. It is addicting and enjoyable to read this thread daily with lots of laughter, sharing, new knowledge and jealously following the travelers on their journeys. 

Prayers for those having health issues that are irritatingly persistent; I sometimes ask myself how you all are so patient. I am not sure I would handle things with such grace; I am thinking of you @JazzyV@marshhawk and @Cruzin Terri.

I am happy to hear there have been good health stories too; all worth celebrating.😊

I am also struggling with putting together everything for the GV AUS/NZ cruise coming up fast. 

@Cruising-along, @cruising sister, @durangoscots, I am also making due with what I bring; I no longer have formal wear but do have a few dressy things. I have not yet received my LF tags yet, supposed to be here on Monday. We will see. Not impressed with the delayed service so far.

Is anyone meeting on the ship for a get together of the Dailyites? If so, can I join in, would love to meet you all. I know someone had previously mentioned getting together. If not should we set up a meet?

@cunnorl Baby Maeve Grace is beautiful! It is always refreshing to have a new family member of the Dailyites no matter what their age is. 

Happy to read Baby Murphy is progressing even with a couple of bumps along the way. She is a strong and formidable girl.

No crossword puzzles done here, just not good at it; love brownies, have been to Greece but not Rhodes, it looks lovely. No salmon for me so no daily meal. No drink or wine either because of allergies. I sometimes live a sad limited life...

Continued Prayers for all of us and our world. It is difficult time.

Celebrate your joys.

Everyone please take care and have a good evening.

Caron 😎

(See this is what happens when I don't post that often, I come up with long excrutiating posts...bleah!) 😜

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

Is there a hotel next door to the surgery site? ☺️

Close -- Surgery is at Swedish Ortho Institute on 1st Hill in Seattle & the Silver Cloud hotel is a couple of blocks away.  Stayed there when hubby had surgery----it's an ok hotel but a little pricy for the area & parking in their garage is $40/day.....crazy!! & the on-site restaurant leaves a lot to be desired as well.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Oh Lenda!!  I’m so excited you are on the cruise with us!  Debbie, Dixie, Sue, and I have a chat going that we would love you to join. Please email me, my email is in my signature and we’ll arrange everything. I’m getting so excited !  52 days!

You have mail.

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

When looking for something else to do on the computer, I get attacked by the strangest ads....and I loved this.

image.thumb.png.b982f4299ec134de1c1e1cbeeaaf95b5.png

Love it!

Lenda

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Cruisercl said:

Is anyone meeting on the ship for a get together of the Dailyites? If so, can I join in, would love to meet you all. I know someone had previously mentioned getting together. If not should we set up a meet?

I spoke with Rich @richwmn yesterday and he said he would bring it up today.  I'm guessing  he's just very busy getting ready to leave and forgot.

But YES, we're interested!  Whether it's dinner or drinks, anything -- count us in.

Ideas?  Rich? 

• Like 15

Success! Might not be due to me, but ... I realized at BB when they hooked up my PC they only plugged it in, but it was online. At home I use a cable from the modem, thinking it's more stable, but there is WiFi. So I unplugged everything including 2 usb printers, a usb hub, and the ethernet. Restarted, and voila, I was back in business! BFF thinks it was a Fios issue, as he did none of that, and his PC now works; his friends with Comcast had no issue. Anyway, I so appreciate my 27" screen with these old eyes.

@sailingdutchy Great photos.

Time for dinner, and a glass of wine (medicinal purposes 😉).

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

I spoke with Rich @richwmn yesterday and he said he would bring it up today.  I'm guessing  he's just very busy getting ready to leave and forgot.

But YES, we're interested!  Whether it's dinner or drinks, anything -- count us in.

Ideas?  Rich? 

I didn't forget, but I did have a pretty busy day today -- mostly because I spent it with my sister. @Cruising-along would understand why.

I do think it would be a good idea for everyone that posts here to meet during the first couple of sea days. For me, anything would work but it seems that right after lunch is the time that the fewest activities are scheduled. How about around 2pm on the 5th. That would give everyone time to settle in a bit. The Crows Nest would work and everyone could just look for Santa.

@cruising sister @durangoscots @Cruisercl and any others

• Like 15

4 minutes ago, richwmn said:

I didn't forget, but I did have a pretty busy day today -- mostly because I spent it with my sister. @Cruising-along would understand why.

I do think it would be a good idea for everyone that posts here to meet during the first couple of sea days. For me, anything would work but it seems that right after lunch is the time that the fewest activities are scheduled. How about around 2pm on the 5th. That would give everyone time to settle in a bit. The Crows Nest would work and everyone could just look for Santa.

Sounds good to me!  See you all onboard!

• Like 10

9 hours ago, AroundWithMAPTravels said:

@RMLincoln  first…. Welcome to NJ!
we live right smack between EWR and PHL in NJ. (My DH hails from Kinnelon, which is very nearby your new home ).  Our first choice is always to fly from EWR, as it is a tad closer and is a United hub.   However, we do on occasion fly from PHL.  It is 60 miles from our house to the airport, and with no traffic talkies just over an hour.   However, there is normally some sort of construction on I95.  That, coupled with rush hour traffic (which tends to run from 7 - 10 am from about 10 miles north of the city), causes us to typically add at least 30 minutes to our “plan”….  Would rather be there 30 minutes “early” if the expected jams don’t materialize.   That being said, we typically park on-site…. It’s much easier (and MUCH more reasonably priced than parking at EWR!… even the parking deck!). We have never used off site parking there, but have been using Spot Hero for offsite locations at EWR.

if for some reason you happen to be at PHL on 12/21, we may even cross paths!

hope you have a great trip to the wedding!

Thank you for the warm welcome to our new environment, and the vote of confidence for my decision for on-site parking at PHL. I’m totally unfamiliar. I read a ton of reviews and it seems the off-site lots are not what they used to be. 
Google says 2 hrs from here so I’ll give it 2.5 plus 0.5 for parking

and hope that will work!  (Oiy, I’m kinda nervous…  Wish us luck! ) m—

• Like 14

20 minutes ago, richwmn said:

I am in for a meet up. I hope I don’t forget the time and place!  My mind is a jumble!

• Like 11

4 hours ago, 57redbird said:

Just got a call from the surgeon's office....instead of a 9:30 check-in on Monday, now it's 5:40 ---- UGH!!!  I'm not a morning person & throw in the fact that I need to do a 2nd Hibiclens shower in the morning----do I even need to go to bed & try & get some sleep?  The good news is it'll be over sooner.

Oh ugh indeed.  At least it will be over sooner as you say.  Best wishes for enduring the prep, early morning  and the exam.  🤞 

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

Success! Might not be due to me, but ... I realized at BB when they hooked up my PC they only plugged it in, but it was online. At home I use a cable from the modem, thinking it's more stable, but there is WiFi. So I unplugged everything including 2 usb printers, a usb hub, and the ethernet. Restarted, and voila, I was back in business! BFF thinks it was a Fios issue, as he did none of that, and his PC now works; his friends with Comcast had no issue. Anyway, I so appreciate my 27" screen with these old eyes.

Yippee on some success, Vanessa.  You were overdue for something to finally work.

1 hour ago, RMLincoln said:

and hope that will work!  (Oiy, I’m kinda nervous…  Wish us luck! ) m—

Lots of luck to you Maureen 🤞 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Ideas?  Rich? 

.... and me.

Susan

• Like 8

2 hours ago, richwmn said:

Yep. Sounds good.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, cruising sister said:

I am in for a meet up. I hope I don’t forget the time and place!  My mind is a jumble!

I made note of it since if I don't write it down... I forget.  You realize you are just across the atrium from me and I think we are at the same pre-cruise hotel.... we should meet up well before then. I am still not sure when I am getting into San Diego but I have a friend I need to see so probably will be there by the time the rest of you arrive.

Susan

• Like 10

I wish I was cruising with you all.  Let me rephrase that.  I wish I could be with all of you  that are cruising, ah heck, I just wish I could meet all of you in person, but right now, I don't want to be on a  ship.

The Atlanta Master Chorale concert tonight was wonderful.  I hope they put on youtube their Musicology of the 12 days of Christmas, they start with day one in Gregorian chant, and move through the music ages until they get to Souza on day 12.  The conductor did say that they currently have 32 or 33 youtube videos, so if you like music,  check them out.  

I spent my afternoon fighting with Medicare, who in their wisdom, or someone's wisdom decided that since I had hurt my right shoulder in 2014, that the same company that provided PT in 2014 for a torn rotater cup(or is it cuff) should be the same company billed for the awl nerve....because the word shoulder was used in the description of why i needed PT.  Now if they could leave that word out of the description of my pain, tingling and numbness, and general discomfort, I bet Medicare would pay. 

Something that goes like this,   Ms. Annie has a pinched awl nerve, that disrupts her daily life style,  The nerve runs from the right pinkie to the neck.  Leave out the word shoulder and I'm covered.  Now why after paying for the therapy for 4 months did some idiot decided that the word shoulder was used 8 years later, and re approach the original PT company for payment due?  Idiots.  The babbling gentleman said that in some states that the PT is for your life, but since his computer really wasn't working today, he didn't know if Georgia was one of them.  It wouldn't matter, it's not the same problem.

And how can your computer not work, when you can pull up my account, forward a letter to the original PT company, and check my medical records.  It's basically my problem he said.

image.png.52384f2d218559c7ea23d5f1e695cc4e.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, richwmn said:

This works for me too, yay! 😎

See you all then, safe travels.

Thx Rich. 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, durangoscots said:

I made note of it since if I don't write it down... I forget.  You realize you are just across the atrium from me and I think we are at the same pre-cruise hotel.... we should meet up well before then. I am still not sure when I am getting into San Diego but I have a friend I need to see so probably will be there by the time the rest of you arrive.

Susan

I think all of us except Rich (who will already be on the ship) will be at the same hotel!

We won't arrive until the afternoon of the 2nd though.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, durangoscots said:

Susan

I arrive on the 31st about 4PM if all goes as planned. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

I think all of us except Rich (who will already be on the ship) will be at the same hotel!

We won't arrive until the afternoon of the 2nd though.

41 minutes ago, cruising sister said:

I arrive on the 31st about 4PM if all goes as planned. 

I arrive on the 31st also. 😊

• Like 1