Friday December 8th, 2023 -- The Fleet Report and Daily

richwmn

Today is National Crossword Solvers Day, National Blue Collar Day, and National Brownie Day

I'm sorry, if you were right, I'd agree with you. - Robin Williams

Meal Suggestion for today - Turmeric Salmon With Coconut Crisp
Drink of the Day - Sqrrl Pb Manhattan
Wine of the Day - Natale Verga Sauvignon Trevenezie
Destination of the Day - Rhodes Island, Greece

Today in History:
1863 Abraham Lincoln issues his Amnesty Proclamation and plan for Reconstruction of the South

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Nassau, Bahamas, New Providence Island 10:00 - 17:00

Koningsdam

Manzanillo, Mexico

Nieuw Amsterdam

Freeport, Bahamas

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea Destination Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida eta 12-10

Oosterdam

Punta Arenas, Chile Antarctica 06:00 - 18:00

Rotterdam

At Sea Destination Cartagena Colombia eta 12-09

Volendam

At Sea Destination Ensenada, Baja California Mexico eta 12-09

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Iles du Salut, French Guiana eta 12-10

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Banjul, Gambia eta 12-10

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

At Sea Destination Sydney, NSW Australia eta 12-10

Westerdam

Singapore

1208World.thumb.png.9d688318564815942f34b34631fc10e0.png

• Like 23
  • Thanks 21

Today’s Care List:

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy post-surgery, on CPAP

Sharon in AZ’s 2nd cataract surgery yesterday

JazzyV with right leg pain, tingling and numbness

Cruzin Terri with fatigue; DH Jim having tests ordered by Neurologist

Marshhawk’s DH Chuck not feeling well

Ottahand7’s DF John with shingles

Shootings in Las Vegas and Texas

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Rafinmd recovering from hospitalization, seeing PCP today

Tana’s pulmonary issues

57redbird needing spinal fusion at L4-5

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Happy 81st Birthday to Ichiban Nekko’s DH Dave!

Cruising sister’s g-niece Murphy extubated, on CPAP & photo shared!

Cunnorl’s new niece Maeve Grace, Welcome to the World!

NextOne released by heart surgeon and on less meds

RMLincoln now at her new home/community in NJ

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

2 days for LAFFNVEGAS (Nieuw Statendam Dec 10 to Dec 17) E. Caribbean

2 days for Dobiemom (Nieuw Statendam Dec 10 to Dec 17) E. Caribbean

2 days for POA1 (Nieuw Statendam Dec 10 to Dec 17) Eastern Caribbean

2 days for Lindaler (Volendam Dec 10 to April 6, B2B) 24d Historical Baja Peninsula & Sea of Cortez Holiday + Jan 3 94d Grand Australia & NZ voyage)

7 days for Suslor (Rottendam Dec 15 to Dec 22) Eastern Caribbean w/DGS

7 days for Crazy For Cats (Rotterdam Dec 15 to Dec 22) Eastern Caribbean

7 days for Ichiban Nekko (Rotterdam Dec 15 to Jan 5, B2B) 7d Eastern Caribbean + 14d Western/Tropical Caribbean

Nickelpenny (Volendam to Dec 10, Circle Hawaii), Av8rix (Koningsdam to Jan 6, 11n Mexican Riviera & Sea of Cortez + 5n Mexico + 16n Circle Hawaii Holiday), Haljo1935 (Nieuw Statendam to Dec 10, Passage to America), GTVCRUISER (Koningsdam to Dec 16) Mexican Riviera & Sea of Cortez, RedNeckBob (Celebrity Reflection to Dec 17, B2B, Bimini, Grand Cayman & Mexico/ABC Islands) and Seasick Sailor (Rotterdam to Jan 14, 51d B2B2B2B PC Sunfarer + Eastern/Western Caribbean (14n) + Tropical/Southern Caribbean Seafarer (16n))

• Like 21
  • Thanks 20

Sqrrl Pb Manhattan cocktail:

Ingredients
1 part SQRRL® Peanut Butter Whiskey
1 part Knob Creek® Straight Rye Whiskey
1 part Sweet Vermouth
2 dashes Angostura® Bitters
Garnish: Maraschino Cherries

Instructions
Combine ingredients into a mixing glass with ice. Stir until well chilled and strain into a rocks glass over a large ice cube. Garnish with maraschino cherries.

Screenshot 2023-12-08 at 6.47.44 AM.png

• Like 16
  • Thanks 17

Good morning.  Thanks for the report.

A nice day in our forecast, it supposed to get to 8°C (46°F), normal is 1°C (34°F).  No snow in the forecast.  Too early to predict a green Christmas, but ?

I love crossword puzzles, blue collar workers and brownies.

Amusing quote.

I'll pass on the meal and the drink, and hope the wine is tasty.

Maybe someday I'll visit today's port.

An important day in American history.

Prayers for everyone. 

Stay safe.

• Like 31
  • Thanks 2

Good morning friends!  Well my weather apps disagree on temperatures and whether or not it's clear or cloudy.  So I'll take an average of 34F and later today it will be 62 with cloudy skies.  Too dark to see the skies right now!  We're expecting rain Saturday and Sunday again.  Thanks to Rich @richwmn for starting up today's the Fleet Report and Daily!

Today we celebrate crossword solvers, blue collar workers and brownies!  A good day for all!  I do know of one blue collar worker however that needs to do his job and that is my FedEx driver.  My package was on the truck for delivery all day yesterday.  At 5:20 pm he stopped on the street in front of my house, sorted a few boxes in the back of the truck for 5 minutes, then left to deliver a package up the block, and came back down my cul-de-sac at breakneck speed skipping right by us.  Guess he wanted to get back to Macon to get home for dinner on time.  So the package sat on the truck all night and he may show up today to deliver it, or NOT!  This is the holiday season delivery companies.  You may have to work a few extra hours a week to get the job done!  I'm not great at crossword puzzles but can complete a Sudoku puzzle given enough time.  Interesting quote but I'll pass on the salmon, drink and wine.  A good day in history in 1863 as Abraham Lincoln got things back on track in America.  Thanks Food and Beverage ladies Debbie @dfish,  Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard  for your reports today.

Prayers have been said already for our CC Daily members in need of them, for pain and other other disabilities.  I hope Vanessa got more sleep last night.  Special prayers for Baby Murphy,  and Tana, my DB and friends and their spouses.  Cheers to all those cruising and enjoying special events.  Have a wonderful time!!  Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV  for posting the lists each day like clockwork.  Praying for you!

The port today is Rhodes Island, Greece.  I'm taking that to mean the entire island but most of us have been to the biggest city, Rhodes.  That was our port before on Sept. 11, 2021 and June 1, 2022.  We were there once before but our exploration was cut short by rain.  Here are the links today.

Tonight Notre Dame men's soccer play Oregon State in the semifinals of the College Cup.  Go Irish!  Ren's FC Dallas had a day off yesterday but on Wednesday lost to Atlanta United 1 to 0.  They play again later today.  Go FC Dallas!  That concludes the sports report from me. 😀 Hope everyone has a great day!  Stay safe and well!

• Like 34
  • Thanks 2

Good afternoon.

It is 44°F and cloudy here.

Pauline put our Christmas tree up yesterday.

Thank you for today's daily reports and lists Rich and Vanessa.

I was a white collar suit wearer most of my working life.

It is many years ago since I did crossword puzzles.

Today's food sounds interesting.

Prayers 🙏 for anyone they may help including myself with arthritis pain on every movement.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

IMG-20231208-WA0000.jpg

• Like 34
  • Thanks 2

On Nov. 29, 2018 we and other Pacific Princess passengers arrived in Rhodes, Greece but it was a rainy morning which included thunder and lightning.  So we waited out the storm and after lunch there was a break in the weather.  We headed down the gangway and walked over to the City Walls for a quick look at Rhodes.  Our view from the ship.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJXxG51CkGe74m50j-WPzD4?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546385064

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIMl8V7-VpDBk010jpX4r_7?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546385069

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKPt_5Yy_sS6rqxGPc8VCMI?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546385097

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIVMUsVZmm0WkgObpENuTB5?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546390162

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIyqWhJVj0HsnSU0c5WeNZt?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546385167

Inside the walls we saw the ruins of the Temple of Aphrodite00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIzpwihpaXpFD4ox0zWXUZY?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546390204

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJl63N_-3UF7JkWhafMq25Q?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546385221

This is the Street of Knights, a medieval road featuring the lodgings of "The Knights of St. John".  They started as a religious order but eventually served as a military order.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLjT9eT6Xntd0Q-xpCnUhV4?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546390213

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJlrzj-4XZzPeEUK8l3asu5?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546385255

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIG4GHhKW8A3oHRIQEYjFD3?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546390255

The Palace of the Grand Master, the highest point in Rhodes.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJvQp568lPz-duzgDeey5bX?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546390262

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKl1ejf-x5W7wXGGVIHw_JB?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546390264

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIlZlBDPkeiXlaZx5OeTycx?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546390272

The clouds were getting darker so we turned back and walked through a shopping area as we neared the ship.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVILWzT5sfbi5osq8bMiVopH?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546390297

Few people were out and about, mostly those from the Pacific Princess.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK0Gaq_Cin0lZAtHhFhtfDJ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546385450

We had seen several cats wandering through the old town, and when I took this photo of a cat on a wall, we heard a clap of thunder.  So we scurried through a gate and rushed towards the gangway.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIyav7pnp85nj7qbZ1ayYqY?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546390304

As we neared the top of the gangway the winds gusted and raindrops began to fall.  We had only spent one hour in Rhodes exploring the streets and sites.  A trip back there is a must do!  The ship left about 7 pm so I took a few photos of the city after dark.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKBjUI-uR85SdkJd1kdYKq9?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546390308

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKkCMebkYscPm6cdNv47bma?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546390329

• Like 27
  • Thanks 5

Good morning Daily-ites. Rich thanks for the Fleet Report and wishing you a great bon Voyage and cruise.

Brownie day today is the edible. Thanks to blue collar workers and crossword puzzles keep the mind flowing!

Prayers lifted on this beautiful sea day on beautiful Rotterdam. 

• Like 30

Good morning everyone, Thank you Rich for the Daily and Fleet Report.

Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for the Cares and Celebration List.  I am amazed at your thoroughness.  

Thank you for including DH on it, but it is not necessary. I will report after January 11 when we have some results.  The fatigue is improving.  I do hope your leg pain is getting under control.

@Sharon in AZ hope you are doing well with your cataract surgery.

@marshhawk hope your DH is doing better

@ottahand7 I hope your DF John gets over the shingles quickly.  They can be so painful.

@smitty34877 you are always in my prayers as is Tana and your whole family.

@rafinmd good luck at the doctor today.

As for the days.  Well, today is my day.  i love crosswords.  When I am doing a crossword, I am in a different world.  I just leave everything else aside.  It is my escape.  I am quite good at solving them.  DH is always amazed at me.  I always consider him smarter than I am, and he is just baffled by them.  He just can’t figure out how I can solve them so well.

As for Blue Collar Day, most of my ancestors were blue collar workers. 

And who doesn’t enjoy a Brownie!

Interesting and funny quote by Robin Williams.

I will pass on the meal, but I know DH will be happy with a Manhattan—I’m just not sure of the PB flavor whiskey.  

We will see about the wine.

I have been to Rhodes, but not sure if I can come up with the photos.

Thank you for the prayers yesterday.  I was a little taken aback by the Neurologist yesterday when  he offered a diagnosis without any testing.  We were a bit disheartened, but we will wait until the testing (MRI and Cognitive) to get a definitive diagnosis.  We see the doc again on January 11.

Meanwhile the MD has suggested that DH does not drive.  Jim was not happy about that.

So there we are.

Cheers to all who are celebrating and cruising.  

Hope everyone has a good day.

God Bless.

Terri

Edited by Cruzin Terri
  • Like 30
  • Thanks 2

Happy Birthday @Ichiban Nekko's DH Dave!  Hope you two enjoy your upcoming cruise and celebrate!

Beautiful Christmas tree Graham @grapau27 and Pauline!  Thank you for sharing it with us.

Last night the deer didn't show up for dinner between 5 and 6 pm.  Normally 4 show up every night.  So I just looked outside at the sun rising and see them out there having breakfast.  Must have been hungry!   DH told me last night the deer go somewhere else to eat on Thursdays!  I can just picture them checking their calendar each week.  Too funny!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 11

Good Morning, thanks for today’s daily fleet report.  Today is a nice day although a bit chilly.  I’ll pass on today’s meal suggestion but would enjoy a brownie.  Today promises to be another busy work day.  A big project is nearing completion with a go live as I fly to FLL.  I hope everyone has a good day today.

This is one of my favorite pictures from the 2019 visit to San Juan.  The Veendam is in the background.  It was our last cruise before the shutdown and the cruise that we earned 5* status.

B164603B-674A-40EB-A15A-F1C851DC8150.thumb.jpeg.22f6716c3dc7a6c3ded14a30b9b18d58.jpeg

• Like 36
  • Thanks 2

Good morning and best wishes to all.  Big job today is getting DH to the lab for his blood work.  I went yesterday to my primary care to try to figure out cause of the migraines.  Medication change is in order.  

Graham - so sorry you are in pain.  
Roy -  look luck with your doctor today.

Started to look very festive in town.  Have a “merry” day.  Katherine 

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

thanks for our TGIF Daily, Rich

and thanks to Debbie, Ann, Vanessa & Dixie

Nice collection of days.  Blue Collar workers are key to our work force.  Brownies are nice but if these are the “edible” ones as @Seasick Sailor said, I’ll pass.

LOL on the Robin Williams quote.  I’m tempted to use it, sometimes 😉. The salmon sounds tempting and I do believe that might be a white wine, today?  I’m not familiar with the vintage so I could be in error.  Hope I am not 😉. Rhodes Island is fantastic to visit.  Appreciate the memories the pictures bring back.

IMG_1693.thumb.jpeg.11a5a056ce17f438f0ba4e4a4032c741.jpeg

It’s another bitter morning at -20 C.  It might warm up enough to get to -10.  Do I dare hope?  LOL.  Cold or not, my BFF and I are heading to the City Market in Saint John for a bit of shopping at some of the unique vendors (& our fave butcher) and browsing.  It’s always a nice spot to go but it’s especially nice at Christmas.  For those who have not visited, it was Canada’s first famer’s market and the oldest market in Canada.  it’s all decked out for Christmas here at night.  

IMG_1690.thumb.jpeg.208ed958701c9773fc7f95adcde370ad.jpeg

Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses, health problems, pain, worries & those that need them 🙏. Cheers to those celebrating and cruising 🥂 

IMG_1271.thumb.jpeg.ec0d660a313b397d2289a1702aa11ec1.jpeg

Have a great Friday everyone.

• Like 34
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

It is 44°F and cloudy here.

Pauline put our Christmas tree up yesterday.

Thank you for today's daily reports and lists Rich and Vanessa.

I was a white collar suit wearer most of my working life.

It is many years ago since I did crossword puzzles.

Today's food sounds interesting.

Prayers 🙏 for anyone they may help including myself with arthritis pain on every movement.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

IMG-20231208-WA0000.jpg

Beautiful tree, Graham.  Kudos to Pauline.

Terri

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Rich! It looks to be another beautiful day in the neighborhood. Back up to 51 this morning when Bindi & I headed out. 

Vanessa, thank you for keeping up with our happenings! Praying that a solution is found for your pain - soon!

Gym, Bindi walks, chores and having friends over for dinner with wine, of course.

IMG_2142.jpeg.f39b3e34be22b813d291c6c09695ffba.jpeg

IMG_2153.jpeg.b8c3fe0613048399541420187caf43be.jpeg

IMG_2159.jpeg.a2c5032bd981f49e7198225e83a907c1.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Especially those suffering from debilitating pain and conditions. @smitty34877 Terry hugs to you & Tana.

Cheers to all who are celebrating! Debbie, congrats to you & Sue on the upsell!
@maryandmarge Maryell welcome to the Daily!

May we each find a reason to smile today!

Natale Verga Sauvignon Trevenezie

This Sauvignon Blanc from the Veneto region of Italy has lots of consumer fans. It sounds refreshing and perfect for pairing with certain foods. I would love to try it. And it is certainly priced for trying! Widely available with prices starting at $7.99.

Distributor notes

Jasmine and passion fruit on the nose. Exotic and tropical! This hails from the Veneto region of Italy. It’s tart, dry, crisp and outstanding! Pomelo, ruby red grapefruit, Italian pears, anise and lemon zest. This might be our new favorite! Serve this with a lemon orzo baked chicken, a salume & olive platter, or Romano cheese. This has a gorgeous tangerine finish. 

• Like 22
  • Thanks 11
  • Haha 3

Happy Friday! Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Should be sunny today with a high of 49. Nothing much planned for today except a chiropractor appointment. Working on a few writing projects. I will work at my new desk that was relatively easy to put together and looks great. 

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

image.png.e61c6a8b7bf765ece3103c57f5df3d11.png

• Like 30

Been awake two hours, too early. Brain is like a pin ball machine!  Problems with selling the condo- inspection mitigations…. DH is working on those.  He did battle yesterday with CVS and insurance getting eye drops Rx transferred. Two weeks. Ugh. He got them, would have run out next week while we’re to be in TX for granddaughter’s wedding. Still no progress on medical records to new eye doctor. 

Need to get ready to prepack for TX trip. Forecast says it’ll rain there… do we take rain jackets?  DH was going to wear his suit coat on plane to avoid checking a suitcase.  I think we’ll have to see what fits in the carryon bags. Maybe just take umbrellas. 

Yesterday I was wiped out all day, maybe from grocery shopping the day before?  Still getting well slowly. 

Checking google maps times this morning to see if leaving at 7am on a weekday makes the drive to PHL longer. I suppose we could always hit a backup no matter what google says today. Decided to go for the PHL on-site economy parking lot- the off site lots cost more and have had recently bad reviews. I miss familiarity!  Everything is a learning experience these days. It’s exhausting. 

Being awake early I was able to read yesterday’s daily. Happy Hanukkah!  I put out my menorah next to my little Christmas tree to remember the Judeo-Christian heritage.  It was very cold yesterday with snow flurries: maybe today I’ll get lights on our balcony railing. 

Happy Sharon made it through her eye surgery. We watched a webinar on glaucoma surgeries. The deep surgery DH will have in late January is a bit scary but needs to be done if there’s any hope of getting him off these meds he’s allergic to which aren’t doing the job well enough!  One day at a time!  

I feel for Terri and Jim not getting guidance, and Roy battling the medical system. And Terry battling insurance companies. Hoping the roof is done today! And Vanessa battling computers. And in pain. And Graham too.  Hoping Debbie can stay healthy! We’ll be doing the germ-dodge too before surgery. Need to get through this wedding trip then begin the long lay-low time. Hoping that John gets no worse… good catch Nancy. No more news on my niece’s high-risk pregnancy. She says she’s ok, last I heard they we’re probably headed to a C-section. 

Thank you all for being here!  Love the port photos!  Thank you Sandi, enjoy following the soccer.  

Heard from granddaughter by text on their way back from Bahamas that both their excursions were cancelled due to high waves… well my motto is, It’s hard to have a bad day on a cruise ship!  They disembark tomorrow. Should be decent weather but Sunday warnings for bad storms!  

Cheers to all our cruisers!  And those celebrating milestones! 

Blessings to all in need near and far, our country, your country and all caught in wars. 

Tina, we took the public bus (called The Bus) from the pier to Pearl Harbor, very easy. Just go early, get there before noon to get tickets for the launch to the Arizona. Have done that twice. You can take your own time with the exhibits. One time we found ourselves on the bus with a Japanese couple and a German couple all heading to Pearl Harbor. 😳 

Time to take a stab at today… see where the pin-balls go!  
Maureen

• Like 30
  • Thanks 4

Good morning everyone. Slept late and it was wonderful. Saw cardiologist yesterday and got a thumbs up. Happy Hanukkah to those celebrating and Graham me hopes your pain will ease. Pretty sure many of us can relate to your arthritic pain. Like Jacqui I think I will store Robin’s quote for future use.

Going to do some last minute shopping for a couple of clothes items for cruise and will take Sue to lunch.

It’s a cool 39 and overcast and this coming weekend looks like a washout.

Stay safe and relief from aches and pain.

Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.eb0493a91507ab90e923b5c223e752cd.jpegimage.jpeg.d03dd83ec393439bf66462f20dac20f7.jpegimage.jpeg.74d3406bc5e57fa30dc826cbe9a72bad.jpegimage.jpeg.6299f06cf7183b10a3e0d5646fbc5259.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.4a4230d6ab52b7978ed9e95dfe31daa1.jpeg

• Like 15
  • Haha 19

Good Morning from a warmer day at the beach

68 degrees right now . It is sunny so it feels warmer. Suppose to be 80`s tomorrow with rain storms returning on Sunday.

I think Blue Collar workers are the backbone of our economy. Dont receive enough recognition. Dont do crossword puzzles and good always eat a good brownie.  Never been to todays port. Thanks Sandy @StLouisCruisers for the pictures.

Played golf yesterday. There was a huge alligator not 5 feet from where my ball landed. I took a penalty and stayed away. There are always gators there, usually on the banks but this one was very close to the fairway. I called back to the clubhouse to tell them. There are many visitors here and they dont understand just how dangerous gators can be.

Tomorrow is the annual boat parade. Always fun.

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

RNB back on line. Been on the Celebrity Reflection 5 days and the Wi-Fi the Misses bought for me is, well let’s call it as it is, it sucks. Does not allow me to cruise critic site or maybe it blocks me due to none background. Will today we are at the place Disney lived as a young man, Bimini Bobbidy Boo. It is beautiful. If anyone did not see me at last Sundays sailaway in PE, I was not there. The ship sailed two hours late and I was having dinner. Thanks to all that wish me Bon vovage. Amazing I had to spend $50 to go to a local resort to get good Wi-Fi. Don’t know when y’all will hear from me next. RNB out. One more thing. I will try to be at sailaway tomorrow in my red shirt if we are on time.

IMG_1470.thumb.jpeg.2f127d57031c7b7a1a8da94eccd2b7ae.jpeg

• Like 27
  • Thanks 7

No on the meal: I don't really enjoy turmeric (except in curry), and coconut makes it all worse. Also no on the cocktail. I'd rather have a PB&J sandwich. For the wine, Stoney Lonesome SB from the  Three Brothers wineries.

I visited Rhodes in 2022 on the Norwegian Jade. Here are pictures from the synagogue:

rhodes7.jpg.433ad3a681a89cac8d2e3480ce835032.jpgrhodes8.jpg.9a62be609fc3a2a1988cedea33ab0482.jpg

rhodes4.jpg.41d4b4d0ed65baa7caef855e9906c8f4.jpgrhodes1.thumb.jpg.5d77090c894751f548fd6e2115018371.jpg

In the Jewish Museum in Athens, a plate commemorating the 1949 armistice between Israel and Egypt and Jordan, signed on Rhodes.

rhodesarmistice.jpg.a3441e531e54215d8ad628d5535ed1c1.jpg

It looks as if my neighbor is having a new roof put on. A little while ago, a crew was using leaf blowers to dislodge snow from the roof and now they are draping the house in tarps.

fangsandclaws.thumb.jpg.8f91791dd6768c3bb1c23caf4cbfeeec.jpg

Edited by kochleffel
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 6