HAL Invoice / Guest Copy

richwmn

On many threads some of our long term posters answer questions with something like it is on your invoice, pg so and so. This puzzles many people because they have never seen what we are  talking about. In fact, many travel providers including PCCs, TAs, and HAL agents don't bother to send it. I was talking to my current agent and I was told that the company has a policy that they don't provide the HAL Invoice. I get them because I have been very pushy about them sending one each time something changes.

I thought I would show a HAL Invoice for an upcoming cruise, with my personal information removed.

Guest-1.thumb.png.3d9faba6dd826b74942ade602da0fcd6.png

This is page 1. Note that it contains the basic information about the cruise, the price, who booked it for you and any onboard credit you might be getting from HAL. It also shows if you booked air, cabin, and category.

Guest-2.thumb.png.d6713a1a7feeaa858bea26be0be42702.png

This is page 2. Note that it shows your total fare again, with a line for what you have paid.

This page also shows if you have purchased the protection plan from HAL, and the penalty dates.

Then it shows anything included such as wifi, drink package, excursions, etc and information about those items.

Guest-3.thumb.png.22d88a0ede415e5a3edc9f410a51e520.png

This is page 3, with some information about your particular booking, such as this particular cruise for me is a guarantee.

Guest-4.thumb.png.383024fb753714cc052851e2e4b6e782.png

Any finally, page 4 (and to the end) which shows your itinerary and any special instructions for the ports you will be visiting. This information includes tender ports, wheelchair accessibility, tide warnings, over nights, and any other information that might effect your cruise.

Again I must state loudly -- A large number of Travel Providers do NOT provide this information unless YOU tell them you have to have it. You must be pro-active. This is the official record of what HAL is providing. Your travel provider may add items over and above what HAL provides.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

You're correct. I always get the first one upon booking, but nothing afterwards even with changes made.

You must call them and request a current one to be emailed. I enquired as to why there wasn't a magic button on their phone menu to request instead of having an employee being bothered with simple calls, and they stated "policy". Possibly due to privacy issues? who knows, but it is an inconvenience. I've never had a request refused and it has always been received before I hang up

5 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

My PCC sends me a new one with any and every change.

You are lucky, could be that your PCC knows your preferences and does it. I had several PCCs before I tried a Travel Agent that would not send one unless asked.

Edited by richwmn
  • Like 4

The BC (booking confirmation) should be sent any time there is a material change to a reservation. We got one when we added Club Orange. We received another when we made the CO room upgrade. Another when we added Have It All.

I wish the BC would show an OBC breakdown and not just the total, but other than that, it's pretty good.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Crew News said:

HAL Customer Service will provide a copy if you call...

If you have a TA on the booking, it is sent to the TA, who sends it to you.

You can call HAL and ask them to send the TA a copy so they can send you a current one.

• Like 1

I have not been as lucky as some of y'all with the various travel providers I have used. Most of them had no idea what the HAL Invoice was until I convinced them to find it. I also see many replies on this board from people asking what we are talking about when we mention the HAL Invoice. It would be nice, particularly in this electronic age where there is no waste of paper or postage to provide it.

• Like 2

I’ve always been satisfied with the detailed info sent by my “big box” travel agency … however, on cruises when I booked Club Orange, the BB agency simply added the additional cost to the cruise price. The words “Club Orange” never appeared, which was uncomfortable for me. 

So I agree with the recommendation to request the HAL customer copy just for peace of mind. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, POA1 said:

The BC (booking confirmation) should be sent any time there is a material change to a reservation. We got one when we added Club Orange. We received another when we made the CO room upgrade. Another when we added Have It All.

Completely agree with you.  My TA does just that and always has.  Honestly, if I had a TA or PCC who didn’t and wouldn’t send it they would not be my travel agent for very long 😉 

It’s your true HAL confirmation and IMO everyone should be provided with it.

• Like 2

As a point of nomenclature, HAL calls this a Booking Confirmation. So do most of the other cruise lines. If you are asking for the Invoice, you might confuse the issue for the person to whom you are talking. The thing that shows your payment is the Deposit Confirmation. If you book HAL air through Flight Ease, the paperwork is called Air Notification. Hopefully that will help you to get the paperwork you want. It's always a PDF.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

My TA sends me a new booking confirmation /invoice with every change, even recently when flight times changed ever so slightly.  BUT it’s not the HAL version that you are showing, it’s the agency’s version of it. 

Edited by mawvkysc

Until the last bookings I made in November 2023, I received the invoice.   In November 2023, we purchased two sailings and did not receive an invoice for either.  I contacted our Hal PCC and was advised the system had a glitch and they would be resent.  To date, no invoice has arrived .  I have completed the first of the two sailings with no invoice and suspect the second will be completed in the same manner.  Not sure how long the glitch will last, but I carry a copy of our account information with us to the sailings.

My PCC does not send it and I am glad to have this information.  I have made some changes to my current booking, such as on board credit which she tells me I have but I want this in a printed copy to bring with me. I will request when closer to cruise date. TY for info.

@richwmn...THANKS for this post.  It got me to thinking.

We have an 18 day Hawaii cruise departing January 30th on Koningsdam coming up and the online TA I used NEVER sent me the HAL Booking paperwork like you shared, just their agency paperwork.

I called them this morning and requested HAL copy as I wanted to make sure our OBC was showing,  I received it, printed it and will take it with us just in case.

My current TA sends me a HAL copy each time I make a payment or any booking change.  GOOD INFO!

Thanks again.

Susan

• Like 1

18 hours ago, richwmn said:

On many threads some of our long term posters answer questions with something like it is on your invoice, pg so and so. This puzzles many people because they have never seen what we are  talking about. In fact, many travel providers including PCCs, TAs, and HAL agents don't bother to send it. I was talking to my current agent and I was told that the company has a policy that they don't provide the HAL Invoice. I get them because I have been very pushy about them sending one each time something changes.

I thought I would show a HAL Invoice for an upcoming cruise, with my personal information removed.

Guest-1.thumb.png.3d9faba6dd826b74942ade602da0fcd6.png

This is page 1. Note that it contains the basic information about the cruise, the price, who booked it for you and any onboard credit you might be getting from HAL. It also shows if you booked air, cabin, and category.

Guest-2.thumb.png.d6713a1a7feeaa858bea26be0be42702.png

This is page 2. Note that it shows your total fare again, with a line for what you have paid.

This page also shows if you have purchased the protection plan from HAL, and the penalty dates.

Then it shows anything included such as wifi, drink package, excursions, etc and information about those items.

Guest-3.thumb.png.22d88a0ede415e5a3edc9f410a51e520.png

This is page 3, with some information about your particular booking, such as this particular cruise for me is a guarantee.

Guest-4.thumb.png.383024fb753714cc052851e2e4b6e782.png

Any finally, page 4 (and to the end) which shows your itinerary and any special instructions for the ports you will be visiting. This information includes tender ports, wheelchair accessibility, tide warnings, over nights, and any other information that might effect your cruise.

Again I must state loudly -- A large number of Travel Providers do NOT provide this information unless YOU tell them you have to have it. You must be pro-active. This is the official record of what HAL is providing. Your travel provider may add items over and above what HAL provides.

Edited by horseymike
Mistake

Just now, horseymike said:

Like you Rich.

I want the hard copy.

These days many businesses have the cashier ask you if you want your receipt, I always say yes. When there is a dispute, that same business will say. “ Do you have your receipt ? “