Specialty Dining Increase?

Daniel A

54 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

You’re seeing it on the ship from the US?  You are in the US.  What ship are you on?  

55 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

You’re seeing it on the ship from the US?  You are in the US.  What ship are you on?  

Yes ship is in US and so are we. New and old app have our next two cruises (Ruby with 4 B2Bs and Grand with a B2B)  starting in March  combined into one voyage. They are using the booking # for the 6th cruise (Grand in May) for the voyage even though it is our last cruise. 

Th new app only shows dining available on the Grand so this pricing must be attached to the Grand 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Yehootu said:

I checked my account and CG is $63.00 for our SYD-SYD cruise and 2 days later it's $39.00 for our SYD-YVR leg. Both on the Majestic next year.  Our May 2025 cruises on the Emerald also show the $39.00 price. Think the crack IT dept is messed up again. 

What a mess.

So, we’re getting reports of $63 CG pricing on Majestic, Coral and the Grand … so far.

All 4 of these ships are Australian ported this winter, so it does sound like the IT department has not adjusted for their new itineraries for next year.  Does not actually sound like an increase in Spec dining but rather a mistake on translating from one currency to another.

• Like 2

Guest Snaxmuppet
1 hour ago, Tonye60 said:

Everytime

If you are talking about the first night yes, I know that as you can see from my post above.

Are you then suggesting that it happens every time apart from the first night then?

20 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

In the thread about the new Princess app, just added a screen shot from my phone showing the $63 price for Crown Grill.  Hoping that it is just a glitch as we won't be going at that price.

$63 AUZ=$43 US approximately.

8 minutes ago, dog said:

$63 AUZ=$43 US approximately.

Except our ships -  Ruby and Grand Princess -  are cruising in the US in May using US$$.  Someone on another thread posted that Princess IT might be using  AU pricing  for ships that are cruising in Australia now even though the ship will be cruising around the US when we are on board.

1 hour ago, coo359a2 said:

Except our ships -  Ruby and Grand Princess -  are cruising in the US in May using US$$.  Someone on another thread posted that Princess IT might be using  AU pricing  for ships that are cruising in Australia now even though the ship will be cruising around the US when we are on board.

Just don’t book Specialty dining until you get on board.

lots of website, app issues over past few weeks.

App let me book included dining for Sun Princess and then removed it a few days later.

4 minutes ago, dog said:

Just don’t book Specialty dining until you get on board.

lots of website, app issues over past few weeks.

App let me book included dining for Sun Princess and then removed it a few days later.

Never book SD or internet on the app as we use OBC to cover the charges for SD and any other charges.  I was only posting that our new app also shows $63 the same as some others have posted.

16 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I believe the Majestic is the issue.  I suspect the IT developer(s) have it loaded as AUD all the time and not checking by voyage.  Majestic is running in Australia/NZ now.  I realize yours isn't, but I get dollars-to-donuts that is the explanation.

I just checked on my Majestic cruise for the fall and it is showing the current price for the specialty restaurants, not the $53 and $63 prices.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Couple of corrections, not always will a suite get comped, it's only on 6 nights or longer.  Previously the gratuity is included in the upcharge. My having dined in both specialty restaurants this Month is as current as it gets. Both restaurants were $39 on the Island Princess 28 night Mediterranean Cruise 

2 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

Couple of corrections, not always will a suite get comped, it's only on 6 nights or longer.  Previously the gratuity is included in the upcharge. My having dined in both specialty restaurants this Month is as current as it gets. Both restaurants were $39 on the Island Princess 28 night Mediterranean Cruise 

Did not expect it, but we were given the free SD the first night on our 4 day Alaska cruise on Discovery when in a PH Suite. 

On 12/30/2023 at 9:48 AM, PacnGoNow said:

What a mess.

So, we’re getting reports of $63 CG pricing on Majestic, Coral and the Grand … so far.

It's $39 on the Discovery!

• Like 1

Sailing the Royal this coming June. Crown shows as $39pp in the old app, $35pp for Sabatini's. New app shows Crown for $63pp, $55pp Sabatini's. When you go to purchase, the new app's total updates and matches the old app/existing prices ($39 and $35). Not sure if the displayed price in the new app is a currency conversion error given where the ship is sailing now or what's going on.

IMG_2421.png

• Thanks 1

We are on the Grand in Feb of 2025 and it shows the CG at $63 and Sabatini's at $55..but for our Ruby cruise in April of this year it is the $39 and $35 pricing.  

Anybody figure out on the new app how to see all sailings. If I log in with email and pw it only shows the one this april in order to see the 2025 cruise i have to log out and log in with booking # and that is not a # i know by heart...

2 hours ago, cruzrbachoua said:

We are on the Grand in Feb of 2025 and it shows the CG at $63 and Sabatini's at $55..but for our Ruby cruise in April of this year it is the $39 and $35 pricing.  

Anybody figure out on the new app how to see all sailings. If I log in with email and pw it only shows the one this april in order to see the 2025 cruise i have to log out and log in with booking # and that is not a # i know by heart...

Right! That's how I just did it.

4 hours ago, _rusty_shackleford said:

Sailing the Royal this coming June. Crown shows as $39pp in the old app, $35pp for Sabatini's. New app shows Crown for $63pp, $55pp Sabatini's. When you go to purchase, the new app's total updates and matches the old app/existing prices ($39 and $35). Not sure if the displayed price in the new app is a currency conversion error given where the ship is sailing now or what's going on.

IMG_2421.png

If the prices go up as is being shown on the 2025 cruises, we just won't bother with the specialties.

• Like 2

Guest Snaxmuppet

Just a comment on the price of speciality dining...

I am not surprised that speciality dining prices are increasing. They have remained pretty stable now for quite a time and, to be honest, when compared to the price of a similar quality meal ashore (in the UK at at least) it isn't expensive. 

I went for a standard chinese meal in a local restaurant here in the UK with my wife and another couple, so that is 4 people, the final bill came to £110 without drinks. I would say that isn't atypical for a standard, nothing special, sit-down restaurant meal here in the UK for 4 people.

In fact, if you go to a Miller and Carter (a good quality steak house chain in the UK) then a surf and turf entree on its own, before starters and dessert, is £37. That is $47. 

No-one likes increasing prices. But it is worth bearing in mind that the speciality restaurant meals on board are pretty good value.

On 12/29/2023 at 3:38 PM, Snaxmuppet said:
8 hours ago, cruzrbachoua said:

@cruzrbachouahave you gone to the next step like @_rusty_shacklefordhas reported at check out the price corrects to the current rates, so the initial price shown is most likely an error? 

Currently the new APP does not show all bookings and access is only via booking number for now to see you other bookings.

• Thanks 1