The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday, January 11th, 2024

kazu

We drove into the PO just in case.  The mail still isn't here, and no telling when it will show up.  We talked about me talking to someone to see if they could help, but the line for the one person working the counter was out the door into the lobby.  I decided not to wait since I was pretty sure the answer would be what it's been in the past when the mail is AWOL -- they can't do anything.

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

I may not be able to post much tomorrow.  I have my annual physical in the morning and the treatment in the afternoon so there's a lot on the docket.

Roy

Roy, I hope all goes well with your annual physical and the treatment tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Hi Everyone, this just crossed my feed.  Perfect day to thank everyone who helps make this a fun, safe and caring place to visit.

image.png.91ce801015bc56ad368a29831fffd9a7.png

Jake, that is perfect for this group.  I teared up when I saw your earlier meme even though it's been  16 years since our last fir baby crossed the Rainbow Bridge.  Yes, they were loved, hugged and told they were loved often.

44 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Well, well.  Someone from FedEx actually dropped off my package at 6 pm.  It was simply some enlargements and prints of some recent photos so not too important.  But they rode around on those trucks for two solid days!  Hope my driver is getting overtime today!

Sandi, I'm glad your package finally showed up.  We are not fond of flying, but if the cruise is right, we'll do it.  Of course, we haven't flown since 2019, and we're not sure when we will again.

Lenda

• Like 14

3 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

That's why I make a list.  It helps if I remember the list, remember to put everything on the list, and double and triple check the list before I leave the store.

Lenda

Where's the fun in that?   

3 hours ago, superoma said:

@dfishand @Quartzsite Cruiserone word - apron! I too am a messy cook and baker but I always wear an apron. I make them myself and have several. They are usually made of remnants or old tablecloths. If postage wasn’t so dang expensive from Canada I would send you each one. Now it doesn’t help the messy painting though because you just can’t wear an apron for that. I keep a set of clothes for painting and you can see every colour I have painted in the last ten years on them.

Like Lenda, I have an apron.  It is a Christmas apron, but it works in the off season as well.  I just have to remember to put it on. I do wear it to make gravy.

3 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good afternoon. 

Sorry to take so long to post again.

Well, my worst fears have materialized and we will have to move on from there.

The Doc said DH is in the very early stages and aside from memory, his cognitive abilities are in tact.   Physically, he is in good shape.  Doc has encouraged him to keep active, both physically and mentally.

He said that it would still be all right to travel and also for him to drive.

He prescribed Aracept. (Sp).  We will see how that goes.   There are some other therapies, but the Doc is not sure he wants to put Jim on them considering his age.

We will move forward and do the best we can.  

Thank you all for all your prayers.  I cannot tell you how grateful I am.

God Bless

Terri

I am so sorry, Terri.  Hugs to you and Jim.  The meds should help since it is in the early stages.

2 hours ago, AroundWithMAPTravels said:

I have to thank the F&B committee… this is the first time I made the “daily” recipe on “the day”.   Had all but the lemon on hand (and was trying to figure out what to do with all the arugula I already had on hand).   Probably too carb-heavy for some, but tasty.

thanks 

and 🙏 to all

I'm so glad you liked the recipe!  Thanks for letting us know.

1 hour ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Hi Everyone, this just crossed my feed.  Perfect day to thank everyone who helps make this a fun, safe and caring place to visit.

image.png.91ce801015bc56ad368a29831fffd9a7.png

That means you, too, Jake.

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Midland has a Meijer store now?  That's great!  We didn't have big stores like that back in the 1970's did we?  There was a Kroger, though and a Giant supermarket.  ((I think that was the name))  That was a long time ago!  Hope you don't get as much snow as predicted and it's cleared quickly.

Yes, we have a Meijer, an Aldi, a Kroger, and Family Fare.  I remember Giant supermarket.  When my mom would go grocery shopping in the evenings I always had to go with her and we went to Giant.  

I'm hoping for less snow as well.  We have delayed Farkel until Saturday just to be on the safe side.

• Like 16

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

I think I'm ok to post the maps, Sandi.

Thanks

Take it easy tomorrow Roy.  I hope the day isn’t too tiring or too long or stressful 🤞

I can always post the maps anytime if it’s too much on your plate.  I just can’t get the ships’ names on 😉 

• Like 10

11 minutes ago, kazu said:

Take it easy tomorrow Roy.  I hope the day isn’t too tiring or too long or stressful 🤞

I can always post the maps anytime if it’s too much on your plate.  I just can’t get the ships’ names on 😉 

Not to worry, Jacqui.  I can't do that either!🙂

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good afternoon. 

Sorry to take so long to post again.

Well, my worst fears have materialized and we will have to move on from there.

The Doc said DH is in the very early stages and aside from memory, his cognitive abilities are in tact.   Physically, he is in good shape.  Doc has encouraged him to keep active, both physically and mentally.

He said that it would still be all right to travel and also for him to drive.

He prescribed Aracept. (Sp).  We will see how that goes.   There are some other therapies, but the Doc is not sure he wants to put Jim on them considering his age.

We will move forward and do the best we can.  

Thank you all for all your prayers.  I cannot tell you how grateful I am.

God Bless

Terri

@Cruzin Terri I thought about you all day. I am so sorry your fears were realized but based on things you had said, I also feared the worst. I know I am relatively new here but you are in my thoughts.  💝

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Anyone else looking at the new Royal ship Icon of theSeas? 
Ithibk it’s way too big. I’m not keen on 6,000 people plus 2,000 crew. 
The ship does not look attractive.

Finally, is Rover an EsA or a service dog ?

• Like 7

@Cruzin Terri, I am so sorry your fears were correct. I honestly think there are more treatments and medications available than when I retired 8 years ago. It may be beneficial to find a support group. Hopefully there are organizations in your area for assistance. And we are with you and Jim.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

The flood is from the drain of the washing machine, apparently having cats and washing everything covered in cat fur has clogged the drain.  We will fix the problem.  with liquid plumber. we are not going to shave the cats.

@Cruzin TerriMy heart goes out to you at this time, well most of the time actually, seems you cant get a string of good luck or health recently.   And I know from experience that sometimes we are so close to the person, that we ignore the signals  Like my Dad. Like my friend with his wife.  We realized how bad she was doing when she started telling us about the manatees in her pond, but her husband wasnt seeing it, at all.  Now he does.  And he has her daughters come in and stay with her when he has to travel for business.  BUT as everyone has said here, you have to take care of you too.  Mostly you, or otherwise how can you care for him. And get him involved in something!  Something he likes to do, to just give you a couple hours several times a week just for you.

@rafinmdI hope you get a good nights sleep!  Busy day tomorrow.  Stay out of bad weather please.

I thought it was funny earlier this week that my neighbor told me she was staying home, that she didnt see well enough to drive in bad weather, but that night with the howling wind, I was walking the dog, as she went off to play pool.  It is supposed to get bad here tomorrow, she will go to work early and come home early and hunker down.  I will be walking the dog, and be out and about with DH and his eye appointment at the time the storms seem to be here.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

@Cruzin Terri

Terri, I shared your fears. I am so sorry they were realized. I know Moderna is working on a couple of new meds. I suspect any drug firm of worth is doing the same.  

Not sure how active Jim is, but physical activity is recommended by many doctors and support groups. 

• Like 11

@Cruzin Terri I truly feel for you and your DH.  I will pray for you both.  Flood then health crisis.  

@marshhawk and @JazzyV battling health challenges and floods.  May God hold you under His wings for all three of you and your DHS and BFF. 

Roy I Hope you get some rest tonight and all goes well with your busy day tomorrow and your third treatment. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Terri, I had to read up tge test of today’s posts looking for your report.  It’s such heartbreak to get distressing prognoses for our loved ones. But there is a horizon out there!  You will work on changing your thinking. Enjoying here and now more!  There WILL be more fun in your future with Jim!  Doctors can help but love is the most amazing medicine!  You have it in abundance. Give yourself a warm hug, and Jim too, like today’s celebration!  💓 

Maureen 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

That's why I make a list.  It helps if I remember the list, remember to put everything on the list, and double and triple check the list before I leave the store.

Lenda

Most of the time my list is on the phone, but if DH is going camping his (long) list is on paper. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, dfish said:

Where's the fun in that?   

Like Lenda, I have an apron.  It is a Christmas apron, but it works in the off season as well.  I just have to remember to put it on. I do wear it to make gravy.

Debbie, if you lookat my post carefully the operative word in each scenario is IF.  The fun is usually one or two IFs do not apply.   Yes, aprons help if you remember to wear them.

3 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Anyone else looking at the new Royal ship Icon of theSeas? 
Ithibk it’s way too big. I’m not keen on 6,000 people plus 2,000 crew. 
The ship does not look attractive.

Finally, is Rover an EsA or a service dog ?

I saw pictures of the ship, and I think it's ugly, plus too big and too many people.

2 hours ago, marshhawk said:

The flood is from the drain of the washing machine, apparently having cats and washing everything covered in cat fur has clogged the drain.  We will fix the problem.  with liquid plumber. we are not going to shave the cats.

@Cruzin TerriMy heart goes out to you at this time, well most of the time actually, seems you cant get a string of good luck or health recently.   And I know from experience that sometimes we are so close to the person, that we ignore the signals  Like my Dad. Like my friend with his wife.  We realized how bad she was doing when she started telling us about the manatees in her pond, but her husband wasnt seeing it, at all.  Now he does.  And he has her daughters come in and stay with her when he has to travel for business.  BUT as everyone has said here, you have to take care of you too.  Mostly you, or otherwise how can you care for him. And get him involved in something!  Something he likes to do, to just give you a couple hours several times a week just for you.

@rafinmdI hope you get a good nights sleep!  Busy day tomorrow.  Stay out of bad weather please.

I thought it was funny earlier this week that my neighbor told me she was staying home, that she didnt see well enough to drive in bad weather, but that night with the howling wind, I was walking the dog, as she went off to play pool.  It is supposed to get bad here tomorrow, she will go to work early and come home early and hunker down.  I will be walking the dog, and be out and about with DH and his eye appointment at the time the storms seem to be here.  

Annie, we actually trimmed one of our daughter's cat's fur.  He was a Maine coon and it was a hot summer in Texas.  It did cut down on the shedding some.

IMG_4379.thumb.JPG.db8b9dab09aaf4ef9fc4cd6991634418.JPG

43 minutes ago, dobiemom said:

Most of the time my list is on the phone, but if DH is going camping his (long) list is on paper. 

I tried putting my list on my phone, but it is easier to write it on the note pad in the kitchen instead of looking for my phone, which I've been known to forget too.

Lenda

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Thank you Jacqui, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work.  And thank you everyone for being here!

Stay Safe, and prayers for those in need.

- JacK

• Like 6

• LauraS locked this topic