Survey: “may we ask you a few questions”

I agree with Mr Stanley re Biz class air. Before Covid I could take the air credit and do my own, roughly equivalent. Nowadays, no chance of that!

Even with paying the deviation fee, the included Biz class air to Europe and destinations even further out is a nice perk with much value. I would not want to give that up. 

As for included hotels, sometimes it’s worth it, other times not. Depends on the itinerary. Yet it’s definitely nice to have a “worry free” all included trip, especially for those on their own or who need/ welcome the assistance. 

In summary, all these inclusions (or credits in lieu) are a big part of what makes Regent, Regent. It’s in their branding. Anyway, we find these inclusions valuable so would be sad to see it watered down.

Short-term savings may ensue but at what cost to the brand? Accountants hate it as it’s hard to quantify, but “goodwill” has value.

• Like 2

I can do without the included excursions as we prefer to do our our thing, and the last upcharge Regent excursion was a total waste of money.  We have not yet used the airfare as when we proposed an itinerary  it was not even considered by Regent air, but we have a TA in 2025 so we will see how that goes. 1 way to/from Europe is crazy on your own.  Will be on the Splendor in 3 weeks from now and looking forward to it!  Having sailed on multiple luxury lines now 27 cruises (Seabourn, old Crystal, Scenic) Regent has so much to offer from our perspective. I suspect Regent is MUCH more per diem than other lines due to the included excursions.  You can take the air credit if you want - unlike on SilverSea which I was recently looking at.  We are booked on an Explora cruise and it looks to be amazing but is it all inclusive based on some posts?  Some reviews make you wonder if the guest is the person in charge or the corporate policy.  Love the included laundry on Regent from 1st time you set foot on the ship.  

Edited by 2SailingNomads
Typo

It’s fine to discuss each of your likes and dislikes and what you would change on this discussion board. Regent is going to change things with or without our input, so please fill out the survey so maybe we have a chance at influencing what they change. I can do without the included shore excursions if we can get a credit for not using that service. It’s a money maker for Regent so I doubt they will change that. Onboard service and dining experiences need to be improved and be more consistent but that takes more people, better training and time for the new people to perfect the Regent way. I do like the included airfare and the option to do your own thing but the air credit isn’t anywhere near the cost of making your own arrangements. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, liptastic said:

We haven’t received this questionnaire as yet. Is it an electronic format or delivered by post ?  Jean. 

No survey for us either

Maybe only directed to those guests in North America, where the inclusion of business class air is the norm?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, flossie009 said:

No survey for us either

Maybe only directed to those guests in North America, where the inclusion of business class air is the norm?

None for me here in Florida. I'm Platinum level but haven't sailed since Covid (plan to this summer on Splendor), so maybe only recent cruisers?

1 hour ago, flossie009 said:

No survey for us either

No I'm from the UK and have received the survey

I am a reguler Regent guest

• Thanks 1

An unanswered question: does the survey come by email or by Postal Service? (Obviously we haven’t received it.) If by Postal Service, we’d answer the best we can and include our printed message stating that we rate all of the inclusions #1. All are very important to us.

As a side note, almost all our cruises for the past two decades+ have been on Regent (fka Radisson). But we did take two in the Celebrity Retreat, pre-pandemic (suites, ship-within-a-ship). Not totally all inclusive, but many things were included. With the inclusions and price then, they were a pretty good deal. But in the recent past, Celebrity has eliminated or reduced many of the inclusions and raised the fares to equal (sometimes exceed) Regent’s fares. And Celebrity is catching Hades over this. Their “regulars” are leaving in droves. Sure hope Regent doesn’t take that road!

• Like 1

Not just to past passengers.  We are booked on Explorer for Alaska in June, which will be our first cruise on Regent.  So I thought it was a little strange getting a survey, but I still answered it as best I could.  Maybe we got it because we did have a booking that was COVID-cancelled, so maybe we somehow made the "past passengers" list in the system.

On 1/19/2024 at 10:04 PM, ON cruiser said:

Interesting, and thanks for the link; other than the first reviewer who was surprised that families with children were on board at new years (!), the reviews were generally positive. As experience is gained and “tweaks” are made, they (Explora) could be genuine competition (along with other new and established luxury lines). 

In my view, competition is a good thing—it usually compels everyone to up their game. Here’s hoping for that, rather than cutbacks! 

my review was very negative for Explora !

On 1/22/2024 at 12:26 PM, vistaman said:

my review was very negative for Explora !

I might need to take a peek at that - do you have a link to it handy so I don't have to search?  Thanks!

On 1/19/2024 at 6:41 PM, Winemaker_1 said:

Did the same thing.  I'm not giving them ideas to cut.  If they want that, they can pay my consulting rate.

your winemaker consulting rate or your management consulting rate...?   🥂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, UUNetBill said:

Wow.  Thanks for that.  

Whoa.....we had thought about Explora but more than happy we booked Grandeur in July.

Agree completely with Dolebludger!  Anyone have experience with Scenic or Atlas.  Both have snazzy brochures promising "luxury experiences" but feels a little bit off to me.  I am not ready to switch from Regent, but am curious to learn of any credible  competition!

28 minutes ago, BettyDol said:

Agree completely with Dolebludger!  Anyone have experience with Scenic or Atlas.  Both have snazzy brochures promising "luxury experiences" but feels a little bit off to me.  I am not ready to switch from Regent, but am curious to learn of any credible  competition!

We were on Scenic Eclipse 11 in September. Definitely a luxury experience.  We had a grand deluxe verhanda suite, which we felt was similar to a Penthouse suite on Mariner.  Very well appointed suites , couldn’t fault it. Many suite inclusions that are not available on Regent. 
All restaurants are included like Regent as are beverages and excursions. The included wines and champagne better quality than Regent, and the same top quality spirits.  We are loyal to cruising with regent but look forward to booking again with Scenic.   Jean. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dolebludger said:

I also was curious about Explora. But not anymore. 

I would advise that you read the comments/reviews of Explora 1 on the Explora Journies board before making that decision. The one posted here by vistaman is by far the most negative one of all I have read. While not all the reviews are 5 star, they are generally positive, especially about the food and ths service. A common complaint is the size of the bathrooms, but not much else. I am boarding Explora 1 for the first time in March and am expecting a superior experience versus the Christmas cruise I just did on Mariner, which was a major disappointment.

1 hour ago, CJANDH said:

I would advise that you read the comments/reviews of Explora 1 on the Explora Journies board before making that decision. The one posted here by vistaman is by far the most negative one of all I have read. While not all the reviews are 5 star, they are generally positive, especially about the food and ths service. A common complaint is the size of the bathrooms, but not much else. I am boarding Explora 1 for the first time in March and am expecting a superior experience versus the Christmas cruise I just did on Mariner, which was a major disappointment.

I won't book people on Explora as I have heard too many negatives. I hope your experience is different.