The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday February 18th, 2024

kazu

Today is Cow Milked While Flying in an Airplane Day, Drink Wine Day, and National Battery Day

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.--Bernard M. Baruch

Meal Suggestion for today - Slow-Cooker Clam Chowder
Drink of the Day - Salty Dog
Wine of the Day - Campo Viejo Tempranillo Rioja 
Destination of the Day - Marmaris, Turkey

Today in History:
1519 Hernando Cortes leaves Cuba for the Yucatan Peninsula, Mexico with 11 ships and 500 men
1678 John Bunyan's "Pilgrim's Progress" is published in Holborn, London, by Nathaniel Ponder
1861 King Victor Emmanuel II of Sardinia becomes first King of Italy
1885 Mark Twain publishes the "Adventures of Huckleberry Finn" in the US

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Grand Cayman Island, George Town Harbour 08:00 - 17:00 

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination Hilo, Hawaii Island eta 02-23

Nieuw Amsterdam

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas 08:00 - 14:00 

Nieuw Statendam

Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida 7:00-15:00 

Oosterdam

Puerto Montt, Chile 

Rotterdam

At Sea Destination Willemstad Curacao, Netherlands Antilles eta 02-19

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Philipsburg St Maarten, Netherlands Antilles eta 02-20

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

At Sea Destination Bay of Islands, Russell, New Zealand eta 02-20

Volendam

Albany WA, Western Australia 08:00 - 17:00 

Westerdam

Kobe-Osaka, Kyoto, Japan - 17:00 

Zuiderdam

Saipan Island USA, Obyan, Marianas 08:00 - 17:00

• Like 18
  • Thanks 20

Today’s Care List:

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy post-surgery, om CPAP

RMLincoln’s DSIL hospitalized

JazzyV with right leg pain, tingling and numbness; trouble walking

Victims of the shooting at the KC Chiefs Super Bowl Parade

RIP Alexei Navalny

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza; loss of US military members

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Haljo1945 with a frozen shoulder, PT for now

Nickelpenny with leg numbness, 2nd steroid injection 

StLouisCruiser’s DB with pulmonary fibrosis

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Welcome Home Cruzin Terri!

Welcome Home Quilty964!

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy post-surgery, out of ICU!

RMLincoln’s DH Richard dealing day to day after his eye procedure 

Superoma/Kochleffel/Lcubed covering the Daily meal/drink/wine recipes 

Kazu stepping up to keep the FR/Daily going while Rich is cruising

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

2 days for USN59-79 (Seabourn Sojourn Feb 20 to Mar 24) 33d Sydney to Taipei + 17d in Taipei

6 days for Cruise Suzy (Nieuw Amsterdam Feb 24 to Mar 2) 7d Western Caribbean

0106 (Oosterdam to Feb 20) - celebrating her birthday on board, 22d SA & Antarctica, Ottahand7 (Eurodam to Feb 24 B2B2B Caribbean), Mister 67 (Celebrity Equinox to Feb 24) 9d Aruba, Curacao & Cayman Cruise, Cat Shepard (Norwegian Escape to Feb 24) 7d Caribbean: Great Stirrup Cay & Dominican Republic, Mr. Boston (Rotterdam to Feb 25) 9d Southern Caribbean Seafarer, Nickelpenny (Zaandam to Mar 16 2024) 28d Amazon Explorer, Cruising-along (Volendam to April 6) 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage, Durangoscots (Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), cruising sister (Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), Cruisercl (Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), Richwmn (Volendam to May 4, Jan 3 94d Grand Australia & NZ Voyage + Apr 6 15d PC Cruise + Apr 21 The Atlantic Coast), Cat in my lap (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage), Gail & Marty sailing away (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage) and Aliaschief (Azamara Onward WC to June 9, 156d World Voyage)

• Like 17
  • Thanks 21

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for today’s daily fleet report.  Jasper got me out of bed in time to watch the NS arrive this morning.  It’s going to be another cold day with a chance of flurries, we had them yesterday but they didn’t amount to anything.  I’ll pass on today’s meal suggestion, instead I found steak on sale yesterday so we will have that today.  I’ll celebrate drink wine day at dinner.  There’s nothing on today’s agenda since all chores were done yesterday.

I hope everyone has a good day today.

• Like 27

Good morning friends!  A frosty 32 degree morning here.  We should rise to 53 and the skies will be partly cloudy.  Better than the rains south of us!

Thank you Jacqui @kazu and Roy @rafinmd for today's Fleet Report and Daily as well as the maps.  Rich @richwmn and the rest of us appreciate you keeping it going.  Wow, I don't think I've every heard of a day to recognize before like Cow Milked While Flying in an Airplane Day.  How often would that come up in a conversation?  Weird!  I'd rather drink wine and I will!  I  appreciate batteries and who wouldn't?  To continue on, the quote today is one I like a lot.  Makes a lot of sense.  A slow cooker recipe!  Nice, but I don't eat clam chowder, but DH might like it.  No thanks to the Salty Dog and the wine.  So many days in history to recognize!  Thanks to our F&B Dept. Eva @superoma, Paul @kochleffel and Laura @Lcubed for the reports today!

Since this is a day off from exercise, my prayers will be said next for the many on our Daily Care list who are in pain, needing medical treatments, suffering loss of loved ones, and going through illness.  You are all in our thoughts every day.  Also for those in Israel and Ukraine at war, the hostages still held against their will, and the military forces just trying to stay alive over there.  Extra prayers for my friend Bob and his wife.  I've been trying to reach Sandy for a couple weeks now.  Yesterday she texted that Bob is in the hospital in Charleston.  That's all I know because she didn't say why.  Please pray it isn't serious and he is home soon.  Also prayers from me for my DB, my DGD and friend Scott and his wife Susan.  They keep me busy worrying about them all!  I'd love to cheer on everyone celebrating something great or cruising!  Welcome home Terri @Cruzin Terri and Karen @quilty964, along with Dixie @summer slope, Sharon @Sharon in AZ, Debbie @dfish, and Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser.  Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for the lists today.  I hope you are doing okay and take it easy.  So great to hear the floor work is done, and that the furniture comes back inside soon.  This is a great time to sort through and dispose or donate items you no longer want or need.  Take your time! 

The port of the day is Marmaris, Turkey, a nice place to visit.  It was posted here previously on April 5, 2022 and Nov. 7, 2023.  Here are the links for your convenience.  My photos will follow.

I hope everyone here enjoys a fabulous Sunday.  Stay safe, dry and keep well.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 4

Good morning and thank you for this thread.  Such a great way to start the day.

Thanks for the maps.

We've still got snow squalls, it's hard to calculate how much snow has fallen because of the wind.   I hope it stops soon.

Interesting days, I'm not sure that milking a cow in a airplane is good for the cow, batteries are important in all our lives and it's (almost) always Wine Day here.

Love the quote.

The meal sounds good.  Love slow cooker recipes.  Not sure about the drink but I'm sure I'll like the wine.

I've never been to today's port.

Prayers for everyone on the Care List.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Have a peaceful day.  Stay safe.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

It was a beautiful day on Oct. 28, 2014 when the Prinsendam arrived in Marmaris, Turkey.  We had just been to Ashdod, Israel two days earlier and spent a long day touring Jerusalem so a nice day spent strolling through this port was just what we needed. Besides, we all wanted Wi-Fi!!   Here we are approaching the dock at a marina filled with sailboats.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLrlTQujEyGAn5_LLIvyOhT?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416774447

One of the first things we saw near the marina was this sign with Visa costs.  Interesting how much some places were charged.  I think it must be a reciprocal thing.  If you charge citizens a certain amount they will charge your citizens that same amount.  Nothing said about China or Russia there.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLt9xS88Z7IxI53bvGQQj2b?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416774456

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKWi6upwDnbynOStJWuAKIC?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416774466

The town was very clean and we noticed in addition to sailboats there were lots of yachts to admire.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKGmHaT9XDA2QYDH8WR4AxN?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416774469

Along the waterfront were a lot of statues, too.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKNC0qzZjVPEgFX_Tsv6jaQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416774470

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJqoHuaZlMQfOnpu4jvJ2f0?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416774475

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIVPK_PIY34yhfosyrmdMMX?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416774478

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJz67ZAa8dxCFTIRC9Gj9U3?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416774483

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLMFi1MAmtJrvCQ5fh7pqPU?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416774489

There was a small castle on a hill which we walked up to but no one wanted to pay an admission fee to go inside so we just took a quick glance in the doorway and left.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLn_wzk7msQNnvP51NPV0KO?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416774497

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJjcixnkStkyUFrYl7FyGJc?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416774503

I have no idea why I am sitting here unless it was just a short rest.  The sign translates to read "Seafarers' Culture House". 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJfRZp3z9o8NrYhAxPKlUT9?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416774505

This looks like a nice place to spend some time shopping.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKF7JYdylgqdRGs7Yw9WfGm?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416774508

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJdMkxMgE0XbfRUbUYOC_p7?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416774508

Along the waterfront were many cafes to stop and have a refreshment.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKRN1ZHQ-Au1pRen3iOB48I?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416774483

So on our walk back we stopped at one and sat on a cozy seating area to have a cold drink. 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKS-OoOXrDJdNuyA9XLwggr?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1649162291

I don't drink beer so I'm not sure what I had to drink that day.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLtJguIPk29ltaFDzIx9LX1?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416774524

Right across from our table and sofa was this yacht with a place to hide the "toys" inside.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIAWl2SCd7JjqTUXYK-eHdW?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416774516

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLBe0egvYDRfEI2RU3VrWb4?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416774517

We found out it was Race week there and I suppose that's why there were so many boats in the harbor.  Maybe it always looks that way.  Who knows?00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

As the Prinsendam left that afternoon, you can see from this photo the top of the castle we walked over to earlier.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKnIvBQq1-_nHXpuev9l6-Z?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416774542

It was a nice day in Marmaris.  Hope you get to enjoy it someday, too.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 7

Good morning from a sunny 54°F North East England.

We had a lovely church service today on the first Sunday of Lent.

Thank you for today's daily and fleet locations.

Excellent quote and nice food today.

Prayers 🙏 for everyone on the care list.

I hope everyone is safe and well and y'all have a lovely day.

Screenshot_20240218_113643.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 13

Happy Sunday everyone and thanks to Rich, Roy, Vanessa, Laura, Eva & Paul for their daily dedication.

I know why Nellie (renamed Ollie) was milked on a plane but have a hard time grasping why it’s worthy of celebration?  Batteries are part of our way of life.  I think I’ll focus on Drink Wine Day and celebrate it 😉 😂  

IMG_2003.jpeg.6375d9c7934f52a29527487c74880d59.jpeg

The quote is true most times but there are still times you should watch what you say, IMO.  No slow cooker here so it will be regular old fashioned clam chowder.  Old fashioned is delicious 😊 

IMG_2124.thumb.jpeg.b8d1af39fb4f9514cf85eae9078e80ef.jpeg

It’s another bitter cold day out there today - Past the cold of dog coat weather.   It will warm up by this afternoon but not sure if it will warm enough for a safe walk for Ivan.  Hopefully it does 🤞 Some more sorting to give away, Holly homemaker and travel plans on the agenda today.

IMG_1955.thumb.jpeg.d619528cdfada97f66bed61a3756f49b.jpeg

Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses, grief, pain, health problems, worries & those that need them 🙏 Cheers to those celebrating & cruising 🥂 

IMG_1579.thumb.jpeg.ccb6707b9c962bc5f67775fd56a28fe7.jpeg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

46 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

It was a beautiful day on Oct. 28, 2014 when the Prinsendam arrived in Marmaris, Turkey.  We had just been to Ashdod, Israel two days earlier and spent a long day touring Jerusalem so a nice day spent strolling through this port was just what we needed. Besides, we all wanted Wi-Fi!!   Here we are approaching the dock at a marina filled with sailboats.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLrlTQujEyGAn5_LLIvyOhT?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416774447

One of the first things we saw near the marina was this sign with Visa costs.  Interesting how much some places were charged.  I think it must be a reciprocal thing.  If you charge citizens a certain amount they will charge your citizens that same amount.  Nothing said about China or Russia there.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLt9xS88Z7IxI53bvGQQj2b?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416774456

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKWi6upwDnbynOStJWuAKIC?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416774466

The town was very clean and we noticed in addition to sailboats there were lots of yachts to admire.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKGmHaT9XDA2QYDH8WR4AxN?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416774469

Along the waterfront were a lot of statues, too.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKNC0qzZjVPEgFX_Tsv6jaQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416774470

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJqoHuaZlMQfOnpu4jvJ2f0?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416774475

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIVPK_PIY34yhfosyrmdMMX?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416774478

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJz67ZAa8dxCFTIRC9Gj9U3?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416774483

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLMFi1MAmtJrvCQ5fh7pqPU?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416774489

There was a small castle on a hill which we walked up to but no one wanted to pay an admission fee to go inside so we just took a quick glance in the doorway and left.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLn_wzk7msQNnvP51NPV0KO?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416774497

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJjcixnkStkyUFrYl7FyGJc?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416774503

I have no idea why I am sitting here unless it was just a short rest.  The sign translates to read "Seafarers' Culture House". 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJfRZp3z9o8NrYhAxPKlUT9?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416774505

This looks like a nice place to spend some time shopping.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKF7JYdylgqdRGs7Yw9WfGm?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416774508

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJdMkxMgE0XbfRUbUYOC_p7?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416774508

Along the waterfront were many cafes to stop and have a refreshment.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKRN1ZHQ-Au1pRen3iOB48I?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416774483

So on our walk back we stopped at one and sat on a cozy seating area to have a cold drink. 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKS-OoOXrDJdNuyA9XLwggr?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1649162291

I don't drink beer so I'm not sure what I had to drink that day.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLtJguIPk29ltaFDzIx9LX1?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416774524

Right across from our table and sofa was this yacht with a place to hide the "toys" inside.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIAWl2SCd7JjqTUXYK-eHdW?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416774516

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLBe0egvYDRfEI2RU3VrWb4?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416774517

We found out it was Race week there and I suppose that's why there were so many boats in the harbor.  Maybe it always looks that way.  Who knows?00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

As the Prinsendam left that afternoon, you can see from this photo the top of the castle we walked over to earlier.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKnIvBQq1-_nHXpuev9l6-Z?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416774542

It was a nice day in Marmaris.  Hope you get to enjoy it someday, too.

Super photos Sandi.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning! It's been raining here since last night and the current temp. is 61F/16C. I'll be working on my taxes again today.

Campo Viejo Tempranillo Rioja 2021

I used the 2021 vintage which is available on line for $10.99

Campo Viejo has a long history that dates back to the Roman Empire. However, it has been only in the last century that their name became synonymous with Rioja wines. From the first vintage – brewed in the former Ortigüela winery in 1959 – to the creation of the famous ‘Rioja Bottle’ in 1961 and the unveiling of their new state-of-the-art sustainable winery in 2001, Campo Viejo has been at the forefront of Rioja wine making.

Winemaker Notes

Crafted from 100% premium Tempranillo and a passionate wine making philosophy. The result is a fresh and lively fruit expression of the variety, that is undeniably Campo Viejo.

Leading with beautifully ripe black plum and berry fruit, and the brooding, dark earthy/cacao complexity typical of great Merlot, the wine also displays more lifted aromatic hints of violet, lavender, vanilla, cedar and spice. The palate is full bodied and powerful with a plush richness and weight balanced by gentle acidity and an exceptionally fine grained, ripe tannin structure that lends the wine great presence across the full length of the palate.

Perfect with pasta, poultry and fresh light cheeses, grilled chicken, small bites (light cheese, grilled vegetables).

Professional Ratings

• 89 James Suckling

A simple and fruity Rioja with strawberries, raspberries and a hint of orange. Juicy and medium-bodied on the palate with firm tannins and an easy, light finish.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 13
  • Haha 1

Salty Dog

Today's drink derives from the Greyhound, a cocktail that has been around for at least 100 years and is documented in the Savoy Cocktail Book, 1930. It's simply gin and grapefruit juice, and the Salty Dog just adds a salted rim. The salt harmonizes the ingredients and makes the drink taste less sour; it will also be a bit less sour when made with pink or red grapefruit, or you can add simple syrup.

salty-dog-cocktail-recipe-759802-bc8a864df5e74559b6895d4eb80f0e23.thumb.jpg.fb9cb181a5be8ff61c5c68176c8b7aac.jpg

1 1/2 ounces gin or vodka

3 ounces grapefruit juice, freshly squeezed

Garnish: salt rim

Garnish: grapefruit slice

Rub a lemon or lime wedge around the rim of a Collins glass, then roll it in a shallow dish of coarse salt. I suppose you could use a bit of the grapefruit instead.

Fill the glass with ice, then add the gin (or vodka) and grapefruit juice and stir gently to combine. Garnish with a grapefruit slice.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 14

Feb 18

Slow cooker clam chowder

Sounds pretty easy

https://www.bakedbyrachel.com/slow-cooker-new-england-clam-chowder/

image.png.b8ae13cf4edbec65c681e2b2c94b773e.png

This one has a few more ingredients.

https://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/267181/slow-cooker-clam-chowder/

image.png.e811a767bca40aa2732d32347bf5592d.png

I like recipes from the spruce eats

https://www.thespruceeats.com/crock-pot-clam-chowder-3055789

image.png.20aea9dd0216bf4fab8cd9c488fd1e8c.png

this recipe adds leeks which I think are a nice addition

https://grumpyshoneybunch.com/slow-cooker-clam-chowder/

image.png.3397f2c5acb9b5048e7bc238f482b2e3.png

• Like 17
  • Thanks 15

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Extra prayers for my friend Bob and his wife.  I've been trying to reach Sandy for a couple weeks now.  Yesterday she texted that Bob is in the hospital in Charleston.  That's all I know because she didn't say why.  Please pray it isn't serious and he is home soon

I join you in prayers that it is nothing serious and Bob is home soon 🙏 

1 hour ago, puppycanducruise said:

Here is a picture of the truck in the driveway to give you an idea of how much snow we've had in a couple of days.  I hope the snow stops soon.

That’s enough.  It can stop any time - I hope your snow stops soon. 🤞 if you need a silver lining in your dark cloud  - it could be a lot worse.  Newfoundland is sitting at over 100 cm (over 3’) of snow with more falling today and near 100 km/hour (60 MPH) winds.  I know it doesn’t help your digging out  there but when we get dumped on, it helps me feel grateful.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

Happy Sunday. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Cold and sunny. Should warm up and melt more of this snow. 

Love slow cooker recipes. Haven't bought my new stove yet. Working on that. Been using my slow cooker, air fryer, instant pot, and an electric hot plate which actually is working out well. 

Nothing much planned today. Just relaxing. 

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

Happy and Inspirational Sunday Quotes | A Day Well Spent

• Like 28

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  A frosty 32 degree morning here.  We should rise to 53 and the skies will be partly cloudy.  Better than the rains south of us!

Thank you Jacqui @kazu and Roy @rafinmd for today's Fleet Report and Daily as well as the maps.  Rich @richwmn and the rest of us appreciate you keeping it going.  Wow, I don't think I've every heard of a day to recognize before like Cow Milked While Flying in an Airplane Day.  How often would that come up in a conversation?  Weird!  I'd rather drink wine and I will!  I  appreciate batteries and who wouldn't?  To continue on, the quote today is one I like a lot.  Makes a lot of sense.  A slow cooker recipe!  Nice, but I don't eat clam chowder, but DH might like it.  No thanks to the Salty Dog and the wine.  So many days in history to recognize!  Thanks to our F&B Dept. Eva @superoma, Paul @kochleffel and Laura @Lcubed for the reports today!

Since this is a day off from exercise, my prayers will be said next for the many on our Daily Care list who are in pain, needing medical treatments, suffering loss of loved ones, and going through illness.  You are all in our thoughts every day.  Also for those in Israel and Ukraine at war, the hostages still held against their will, and the military forces just trying to stay alive over there.  Extra prayers for my friend Bob and his wife.  I've been trying to reach Sandy for a couple weeks now.  Yesterday she texted that Bob is in the hospital in Charleston.  That's all I know because she didn't say why.  Please pray it isn't serious and he is home soon.  Also prayers from me for my DB, my DGD and friend Scott and his wife Susan.  They keep me busy worrying about them all!  I'd love to cheer on everyone celebrating something great or cruising!  Welcome home Terri @Cruzin Terri and Karen @quilty964, along with Dixie @summer slope, Sharon @Sharon in AZ, Debbie @dfish, and Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser.  Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for the lists today.  I hope you are doing okay and take it easy.  So great to hear the floor work is done, and that the furniture comes back inside soon.  This is a great time to sort through and dispose or donate items you no longer want or need.  Take your time! 

The port of the day is Marmaris, Turkey, a nice place to visit.  It was posted here previously on April 5, 2022 and Nov. 7, 2023.  Here are the links for your convenience.  My photos will follow.

I hope everyone here enjoys a fabulous Sunday.  Stay safe, dry and keep well.

Prayers for your friend Bob and Sandy.

Prayers 🙏 also for your brother and DGD Morgan and your friend Scott and Susan.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Prayers for your friend Bob and Sandy.

Prayers 🙏 also for your brother and DGD Morgan and your friend Scott and Susan.

Thank you Graham for your prayers.  So many people in need of them. 🙏 Bob had beginning stages of dementia so him being in the hospital was a shock.  If I hear anything else from Sandy I will let you all know.  

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

I didn't realize that cows could fly airplanes (misread the text). Will cooperate with Drink Wine Day, and I need to buy batteries.

No clam anything for me, but a slow-cooker sounds like an unnecessarily complicated way to make it. I'd accept the drink if it were being served, but wouldn't order one. A Tempranillo won a gold last year at the Finger Lakes International Wine Competition, but it was from Texas. I'll substitute the 2018 Merlot from Sheldrake Point. I haven't been to Marmaris.

288587.gif.fe2aa67f66bbe4b7180a9eb59853f083.gif

• Like 24
  • Haha 5

Sitting in the San Diego Airport.  Heading home.

Salty Dog cocktail:

A salty dog is a cocktail of gin, or vodka, and grapefruit juice, served in a highball glass with a salted rim. The salt is the only difference between a salty dog and a greyhound. Historically a gin drink, it is believed to date back to the 1920s. Wikipedia
Main alcohol: Vodka, Gin
Ingredients: 1 1/3 oz Vodka or Gin, 3 1/3 oz Grapefruit juice
Preparation: Shake vodka (or gin) and grapefruit juice in cocktail shaker. Strain into a salt-rimmed highball glass.
Served: Straight up; without ice
Standard garnish: Salted glass
Drinkware: Highball glass

Screenshot 2024-02-18 at 8.41.03 AM.png

• Like 15
  • Thanks 15

Good morning to all. Thanks for the daily and fleet report. I think I will drink some wine today in celebration of the day!  Pass on all the goodies today. Never been to the port. 

I was exhausted from all the traveling and stuff the last couple of days so retired early to bed. I even slept in this morning. Got to my cabin yesterday and there was an invite to a Mariner reception for 3* but it had my name and a couple’s name on it. Thought that was weird. Came back to my cabin later and their luggage was in my room!!  I told the cabin steward they could have the couch!  🥴. There were 2 coupons for the Mariner cocktail in the room on my arrival - with the ship name and voyage # on them - and the steward came back in the early evening to retrieve them and give me another one. Weird!!

nice people on board and I am looking forward to this cruise. 

Thoughts for all and cheers for those celebrating. Have a great day everyone!!

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2