Celebrity's Tuscan Grille, a go or no go?

DJLDRUMS

Seems more of a steakhouse with an ital  focus. 

We book pre cruise with a  small discount..incudes the grat.  We do not leave an extra tip..unless we have  exceptional service

• Thanks 1

We enjoyed 3 dinners at Tuscan Grill on Equinox last June. We should have gone there again instead of our 3rd dinner at Murano. Service at Tuscan was more attentive (3 different servers) than Murano.  Murano insisted that we be seated at the same table with the same waiter, which became tiresome, even with each of us having different entrees.

Tuscan was served in a timely fashion and is a much more relaxed and scenic venue. 

Photo from Tuscan.

IMG_5164.jpeg

• Like 2

17 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Give it a try, the food and service should be above the MDR

As advised, give it a try.  We have eaten in Tuscan Grill on our last 3 cruises (Summit & Constellation) and won't eat there on future cruises. The bruschetta arrived cold on 2 occasions; the meatball appetizers were ok on our last cruise over New Years.  The pasta left a lot to be desired (i.e. rubbery and in one instance barely warm). DH's steak was quite tough 2 cruises ago, so he did not order it on our last cruise.  The service was truly the worst on our most recent cruise; we have not experienced this in 15+ years of cruising.  Fortunately we paid nothing extra because of our suite benefits. Murano on the other hand has been a total success each and every time we've dined there.

• Like 1

If you really want a preview you can use the Celebrity App.    If you just want to see the Menu and Prices select your ship and a current sailing -  Go to Dining and Select Tuscan -  Just above the Reserve Button there will be a link to the Menu

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

If you really want a preview you can use the Celebrity App.    If you just want to see the Menu and Prices select your ship and a current sailing -  Go to Dining and Select Tuscan -  Just above the Reserve Button there will be a link to the Menu

I did just that Jim_lain, thank you. Reading different posts i guess a lot depends on the ship and the restaurant.

1 hour ago, DJLDRUMS said:

I did just that Jim_lain, thank you. Reading different posts i guess a lot depends on the ship and the restaurant.

It can vary from ship to ship and from chef to chef.  Our last time at Tuscan the service was excellent,  but the branzino was consistently overcooked.  We did not experience this before.

Your best bet would be to try it...

• Like 1

Each to their own but on one cruise we ate in Tuscan every night as we didn’t like Luminae during first day’s lunch and dinner!

As others have said, is has a relaxed atmosphere, amazing views and staff who are just awesome. But on the Silhouette they always are.

Its our favourite ship!

Edited by swjumbo
  • Like 4

I prefer Tuscan much more than Murano   Never had a bad meal experience in either, but Murano has slipped some in my experience the times I went ot it last year. 2 times.  On S class Tuscan has a great location and always been great all around each time.  But all have different tastes and what they look for in restaurants. 

• Like 4

IMO, specialty restaurants can and do vary by ship (and probably when you cruise as chefs and servers will change over time).

Historically we'd never particularly liked Tuscan.  However, on this most recent cruise (several weeks ago) on Reflection, it was our favorite.  The reasons:  spacious seating (not close to other tables), wonderful cut of filet (could almost cut it with a fork), great food, attentive service -- and of course a great view.  BTW, we found in Tuscan that they will make half (appetizer) sizes of pasta, etc.  Just ask.

We weren't in love with Murano.  The lobster tail was TINY (suggest having as an appetizer).  My warm goat cheese tart really wasn't very good.  Service was ok but the room feels a bit claustrophobic.  Our finished plates sat in front of us for at least 15 minutes.  It seemed over-produced.  If you love caviar (we don't), that's one reason to visit Murano. 

At Lawn Grille, we were SO close to the other tables -- literally 6 inches away.  They didn't get our order right.  They forgot to bring my potato until I asked twice.  Service was sketchy.  Food was good, but not memorable.  On other cruises, we've loved this venue.  

The above was on Reflection, not the ship the OP asked about.  The point is that food and experiences are subjective, and every ship is different.  Look at the menus.  Evaluate your OBC.  If you're paying "real money," decide which experience(s) and food is most to your liking.

• Like 2

On 2/25/2024 at 11:50 PM, mahasamatman said:

Tuscan has deteriorated so much over the years that we will no longer eat there even when it's included.

That's us, mahasamatman!  And the "privilege" to dine in Tuscan is approaching f$100 per person when the 20% auto tip is added!!  Unbelievable!!  

On 2/26/2024 at 7:40 AM, swjumbo said:

Each to their own but on one cruise we ate in Tuscan every night as we didn’t like Luminae during first day’s lunch and dinner!

As others have said, is has a relaxed atmosphere, amazing views and staff who are just awesome. But on the Silhouette they always are.

Its our favourite ship!

On 2/26/2024 at 1:01 PM, ggo85 said:

IMO, specialty restaurants can and do vary by ship (and probably when you cruise as chefs and servers will change over time).

Historically we'd never particularly liked Tuscan.  However, on this most recent cruise (several weeks ago) on Reflection, it was our favorite.  The reasons:  spacious seating (not close to other tables), wonderful cut of filet (could almost cut it with a fork), great food, attentive service -- and of course a great view.  BTW, we found in Tuscan that they will make half (appetizer) sizes of pasta, etc.  Just ask.

We weren't in love with Murano.  The lobster tail was TINY (suggest having as an appetizer).  My warm goat cheese tart really wasn't very good.  Service was ok but the room feels a bit claustrophobic.  Our finished plates sat in front of us for at least 15 minutes.  It seemed over-produced.  If you love caviar (we don't), that's one reason to visit Murano. 

At Lawn Grille, we were SO close to the other tables -- literally 6 inches away.  They didn't get our order right.  They forgot to bring my potato until I asked twice.  Service was sketchy.  Food was good, but not memorable.  On other cruises, we've loved this venue.  

The above was on Reflection, not the ship the OP asked about.  The point is that food and experiences are subjective, and every ship is different.  Look at the menus.  Evaluate your OBC.  If you're paying "real money," decide which experience(s) and food is most to your liking.

OBC IS real money!!    If X would reduce the cruise price by that amount, many of us would TAKE IT!!  There is NO such thing as a FREE dinner (paraphrasing on the free lunch concept. ). 

Food is so subjective, but I like Tuscan Grille and always have at least one dinner there when I'm on an M- or S-class ship. As with every other specialty restaurant I've dined in, the food and service range from fine to excellent depending on the night.

I see quite a few others recommend Murano instead of Tuscan, and to the point that food is subjective and personal, I disagree. There's nothing on the Murano menu that I want to eat. But the friend I cruise with does like that type of food, so I've gone with her to dinner in Murano once each cruise we've done on an S-class ship. The service and ambience haven't impressed me, and I can't figure out why so many people say Murano is so much better than the other specialty restaurants.

I recommend looking at the menus on the app as Jim suggested and going to the restaurant with the menu that appeals to you the most.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Carried_Away said:

Food is so subjective, but I like Tuscan Grille and always have at least one dinner there when I'm on an M- or S-class ship. As with every other specialty restaurant I've dined in, the food and service range from fine to excellent depending on the night.

I see quite a few others recommend Murano instead of Tuscan, and to the point that food is subjective and personal, I disagree. There's nothing on the Murano menu that I want to eat. But the friend I cruise with does like that type of food, so I've gone with her to dinner in Murano once each cruise we've done on an S-class ship. The service and ambience haven't impressed me, and I can't figure out why so many people say Murano is so much better than the other specialty restaurants.

I recommend looking at the menus on the app as Jim suggested and going to the restaurant with the menu that appeals to you the most.

Sorry to disagree but we have eaten in Tuscan on M and S class ships multiple times since Covid-restart and Tuscan food and service has been uniformly bad.  Considering the price now being charged to dine there, if one is in not an Upper Benefit  suite, which prices have been factored in, so not "free", not sure why one would would want to spend that amount of money considering the risk of being disappointed. 

6 hours ago, SusieAV8R said:

OBC IS real money!!    If X would reduce the cruise price by that amount, many of us would TAKE IT!!  There is NO such thing as a FREE dinner (paraphrasing on the free lunch concept. ). 

Allow others to comment please as this is a massive thread drift.

You’ve made your point.

• Like 3

I agree with @LB_NJ.  It is overpriced at the current rates, but so are most things onboard.  We have had good and bad experiences in Tuscan.  Food is usually decent, the ambiance is lacking, and service can be hit or miss.  We much prefer Murano.  Unfortunately, neither is an option on Edge class.  Our best ever experience in Tuscan was a special wine dinner on the Eclipse.  It was $99 pp (including grats and alcohol) for 12 people at a long table.  It was great!  We have never seen this dinner event offered again.

On 2/24/2024 at 10:53 PM, DJLDRUMS said:

Can anyone else elaborate on the food quality and types they serve that you'd recommend along with the price per person and if you've found it worthwhile. I'm reading that the MDR food is now blah-blah so a night or two at the Tuscan grille might be something to give a try to. Thanks in advance to those who reply.

We enjoyed our meals at the Tuscan on the S-Class ships.  

My go to has always been the grilled Branzino but the filet mignon is also good.  It is classes as an Italian steak house so a lot of diner go for the steaks but I need to be careful of how much red meat I consume so typically go for the seafood. 

The 'standard' non-discount price I believe is $55.00 per person plus a 20% gratuity.  

Since you will be on the Silhouette, I agree with others, Murano is also an alternative to the MDR as are Sushi on Five, and Lawn Club Grill.  All are also what I would consider to be good choices. 

• Like 1

The view from Tuscan Grille on an S-class ship is spectacular…especially if you can go early and snag a window seat. Most of our experiences have been outstanding. We have had a (very) few where the food was only ‘par’, but the service has always been excellent. For us, the food ranges from very good to exceptional. Go for it!! 😁

• Like 1

We’ve eaten at Tuscan Grill  twice on S class but won’t repeat. The first time we had a table next to the wake view and this made up for lacklustre food and patchy service. The second  occasion was booked especially for our wedding anniversary and was noted. We arrived to find our table for two was next to a very large, very loud group who seemed to monopolise the waitstaff. The service was very slow and indifferent, so much so that we decided to leave after the main course. We let the maître d know of our displeasure as we left. An hour later an anniversary cake was delivered to our door. 

6 hours ago, Boatharbour said:

We’ve eaten at Tuscan Grill  twice on S class but won’t repeat. The first time we had a table next to the wake view and this made up for lacklustre food and patchy service. The second  occasion was booked especially for our wedding anniversary and was noted. We arrived to find our table for two was next to a very large, very loud group who seemed to monopolise the waitstaff. The service was very slow and indifferent, so much so that we decided to leave after the main course. We let the maître d know of our displeasure as we left. An hour later an anniversary cake was delivered to our door. 

Usually the celebration is noted on your reservation and the 'cake' is usually served with, or as, your dessert choice.  It was thoughtful of them to send it to your room.  It was unfortunate you had the large group next to your table;  that would certainly put the evening's enjoyment off for me.  Maybe the room was full and you couldn't be moved to another table? 

On 2/24/2024 at 9:53 PM, DJLDRUMS said:

We'll be on the Silhouette in early April. We're looking for those cruisers who ate specifically at the Tuscan Grille restaurant. I've read some positive reviews without them going into detail. Can anyone else elaborate on the food quality and types they serve that you'd recommend along with the price per person and if you've found it worthwhile. I'm reading that the MDR food is now blah-blah so a night or two at the Tuscan grille might be something to give a try to. Thanks in advance to those who reply.

We were on the Silhouette in February.  I have not been a huge Tuscan fan over the last few years but decided to give it a try as we were on a 10 night cruise.

It was delicious and so much better than in the past. Everything we had was delicious-and the service was outstanding.

Tuscan has good ambience and the wake view can not be beaten.  Unfortunately were not very impressed with quality of food on both times we had dinner there. Now we only go there for Captain‘s Club breakfast. 

2 minutes ago, odysee said:

Tuscan has good ambience and the wake view can not be beaten.  Unfortunately were not very impressed with quality of food on both times we had dinner there. Now we only go there for Captain‘s Club breakfast. 

That's if you can get a table that's by the window