Oasis of the Seas Live, March 10th - 17th. Ain't no better place, ain't no better time than here and now.

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Poor Lucy already has Grandma Sharon wrapped around her finger. Her normal after dinner snacks will be arriving around 9am every morning, when she gets her water and food topped up. 

She’ll be giving this look in the morning for the next week. 

IMG_0371.thumb.jpeg.b8a8549823c25bf15184803441957e09.jpeg

I took my kitty to stay at her Grandma's condo before an Arctic Crossing in Sept. 2022.  She is still there.  😲  She hides whenever I visit my Mom.  😞

• Like 1
  • Haha 14

38 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm always looking forward to your reviews.  Should be great as always.

Warning if you're flying Delta first class (which I think you often do)...don't count too much on the  lunch.  Lunch on our last 2 Delta FC flights were cold box lunches.  The first flight we were in row 3 of 5 FC rows and they were already out of turkey sandwiches.  Second flight we were in row 5 of 5.  Turkey sandwiches were again gone and I got the last chicken meal.  Micheline got stuck with the cheese plate (I offered her my chicken 😉).  They no longer have extras to ensure that you get what you want.  I complained to both flight attendants and both commented about cutbacks hitting in several places.  Delta First class ain't what it used to be.

Thanks for the heads up.

We are on Air Canada this time. We don’t know what we are being fed in the trip down as we couldn’t preselect. In row 2 we should still have options.🤞 On the flight home we have already preselected our meal. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

I took my kitty to stay at her Grandma's condo before an Arctic Crossing in Sept. 2022.  She is still there.  😲  She hides whenever I visit my Mom.  😞

Probably spoiled beyond belief. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, laurieal said:

Oasis AND a cat? This review is already checking so many of my boxes! Lucy looks like the type of lady who doesn't kid around when treats are involved. A lady after my own heart.

Have a safe flight and a wonderful cruise! 

She might be cute but she’s a farm cat killer. 😀

• Haha 7

We are checked in and past security.

Bye-bye flow board. 

IMG_3953.thumb.jpeg.f6aa672384f9e3a39fa5302d1aab9166.jpeg

Welcome to America. 

IMG_3954.thumb.jpeg.f7b1ca2cd33fc7e1b839fa3168808b18.jpeg

The weather outside is blah

IMG_3956.thumb.jpeg.ce2ac143b43c805faf629094446969b9.jpeg

Food in the lounge is a somewhat better. 

IMG_3957.thumb.jpeg.0495a5c36d3be6fe3844139f53a79ca3.jpeg

The biggest disappointment is what’s beside the maple syrup -  Satin’s droppings. 😆

IMG_3955.thumb.jpeg.e81edbd69b22084117a53f2f223cd461.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 31

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm always looking forward to your reviews.  Should be great as always.

Warning if you're flying Delta first class (which I think you often do)...don't count too much on the  lunch.  Lunch on our last 2 Delta FC flights were cold box lunches.  The first flight we were in row 3 of 5 FC rows and they were already out of turkey sandwiches.  Second flight we were in row 5 of 5.  Turkey sandwiches were again gone and I got the last chicken meal.  Micheline got stuck with the cheese plate (I offered her my chicken 😉).  They no longer have extras to ensure that you get what you want.  I complained to both flight attendants and both commented about cutbacks hitting in several places.  Delta First class ain't what it used to be.

OMG that is really pathetic.  Flyin' ain't what it used to be !  So glad we don't have to fly to cruise anymore !

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

OMG that is really pathetic.  Flyin' ain't what it used to be !  So glad we don't have to fly to cruise anymore !

We now know our options, and it’s looking decent.

That said I’m flying in shorts and flip flops, not a suite and tie. Thankfully the smoking section is gone too. Some things have improved.  Only wish we didn’t have to fly to cruise.  😀

IMG_3961.thumb.png.3a9945fc48caf89693d726bcacfa58b0.png

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 6

Chair hogs exist in the lounge. This lady is sitting at the counter but has her bag on the chair. I don’t know how many people have come around the corner thinking it was vacant only to find her bag.  She’s probably preparing for a cruise or AI. 

IMG_3962.thumb.jpeg.9e58a6ce81c3280582e831e906b36481.jpeg

• Haha 8

5 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Chair hogs exist in the lounge. This lady is sitting at the counter but has her bag on the chair. I don’t know how many people have come around the corner thinking it was vacant only to find her bag.  She’s probably preparing for a cruise or AI. 

IMG_3962.thumb.jpeg.9e58a6ce81c3280582e831e906b36481.jpeg

😡

• Like 1

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Yes we will.  

For those not in the know, which should be all of you, we are staying at the same hotel as @Lovetocruise2002 in Miami. We have yet to stay at the same hotel in Miami twice, because we have not found the right one yet for us. This is their go to hotel so we are giving this location a go.

We have stayed at different Intercontinental locations but tonight it will be in Miami, on Chopin Plaza. If we like it, we will play it again. (sorry for the groaner😉) We booked with points so the price is right. Can’t remember the type of room and view but we will find out soon enough.

Our airport room was on points as well.  We’ll look at us saving money. We also get free lunch on the flight, that’s what I tell myself. 😂

On a side note, I think that’s RC HQ in the background.

IMG_3447.jpeg.9b6aa638c86f0adc7bc86257ce918492.jpeg

That looks like the same Intercontinental I've stayed at. Downtown miami bricknell area right? We arrived and they were asking $30 extra at check in if you wanted to face the ocean. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

That looks like the same Intercontinental I've stayed at. Downtown miami bricknell area right? We arrived and they were asking $30 extra at check in if you wanted to face the ocean. 

I think so. I’ll have to watch for the room view question when we arrive. 

Edited by A&L_Ont

Sorry I’m a little late but I will be following along. Safe travels wished to you all. I take it you board tomorrow. What’s the plan for Miami tonight? Have a great time.

• Like 3

I am here too!  Sitting at hotel pool in Orlando waiting for a room to open up.  Have. Great time on Oasis!  I am sure you will 

• Like 4

Flight is delayed 20 minutes for maintenance. Expected departure is 12:30.

Fingers crossed that it should not be delayed further. In reading my roll call many are having flight delays and cancellations due to weather. 

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

We are checked in and past security.

Bye-bye flow board. 

IMG_3953.thumb.jpeg.f6aa672384f9e3a39fa5302d1aab9166.jpeg

Welcome to America. 

IMG_3954.thumb.jpeg.f7b1ca2cd33fc7e1b839fa3168808b18.jpeg

The weather outside is blah

IMG_3956.thumb.jpeg.ce2ac143b43c805faf629094446969b9.jpeg

Food in the lounge is a somewhat better. 

IMG_3957.thumb.jpeg.0495a5c36d3be6fe3844139f53a79ca3.jpeg

The biggest disappointment is what’s beside the maple syrup -  Satin’s droppings. 😆

IMG_3955.thumb.jpeg.e81edbd69b22084117a53f2f223cd461.jpeg

The weather here is not good either. And yes, welcome to America.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

Flight is delayed 20 minutes for maintenance. Expected departure is 12:30.

Fingers crossed that it should not be delayed further. In reading my roll call many are having flight delays and cancellations due to weather. 

Be thankful they are doing the maintenance. Maybe United would not have been all over the news yesterday if they did some.

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

Flight has been delayed multiple times. Expected departure is now 1:30.  We are on the plane, but everyone needs to be loaded as well as luggage. 

It’s cutting our dinner reservations tight but hopefully we can still make it work. 

IMG_3969.thumb.jpeg.27020364976a3720387bc203f0591435.jpeg

IMG_3970.thumb.jpeg.1989258aa311d7de2ca8f90976bfdd55.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 32

7 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Flight has been delayed multiple times. Expected departure is now 1:30.  We are on the plane, but everyone needs to be loaded as well as luggage. 

It’s cutting our dinner reservations tight but hopefully we can still make it work. 

Hopefully they are tightening all of the lug nuts.  Your in-flight meal looks MUCH better than Delta.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Be thankful they are doing the maintenance. Maybe United would not have been all over the news yesterday if they did some.

For sure.

For us Iit was supposedly rebooting the entertainment system. We’ve had it been rebooted while in the air in 20 minutes so we were scratching our heads to the 1:30 delay when the plane arrived early 20 minutes early.  We all just want to go. 😀

6 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Hopefully they are tightening all of the lug nuts.  Your in-flight meal looks MUCH better than Delta.

I always cheque my torque after 60 miles and again 60 later. Now let’s see if looks and tastes equates to what we hope. 😋

• Like 1