Oasis of the Seas Live, March 10th - 17th. Ain't no better place, ain't no better time than here and now.

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Where’s dinner tonight?

Don’t want to say yet. Don’t wanna jinx it. 

Finally pushing back and the flight is 3 hours. Dinner at 6:45 and hotel is 30 minutes from the airport. Restaurant s a 5 minute walk from the hotel. Let’s go!!!!!

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 5

Safe flight to all of you! Andrew was just a boy when we met him and he's grown into a handsome young man, thanks to Lisa! LOL! Following along like many others! Cheers!

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Yes we will.  

For those not in the know, which should be all of you, we are staying at the same hotel as @Lovetocruise2002 in Miami. We have yet to stay at the same hotel in Miami twice, because we have not found the right one yet for us. This is their go to hotel so we are giving this location a go.

We have stayed at different Intercontinental locations but tonight it will be in Miami, on Chopin Plaza. If we like it, we will play it again. (sorry for the groaner😉) We booked with points so the price is right. Can’t remember the type of room and view but we will find out soon enough.

Our airport room was on points as well.  We’ll look at us saving money. We also get free lunch on the flight, that’s what I tell myself. 😂

On a side note, I think that’s RC HQ in the background.

IMG_3447.jpeg.9b6aa638c86f0adc7bc86257ce918492.jpeg

I think we stayed at that hotel before, it's within walking distance to the Bayside Market Place I believe. They have an outside concert place there too, good music with the locals on Saturday Nights.

You can easily walk along the waterfront on sidewalks to The Bayside Market Place and the FPL Solar Amphitheater at Bayfront Park

https://www.baysidemarketplace.com/visit/360-virtual-map

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm always looking forward to your reviews.  Should be great as always.

Warning if you're flying Delta first class (which I think you often do)...don't count too much on the  lunch.  Lunch on our last 2 Delta FC flights were cold box lunches.  The first flight we were in row 3 of 5 FC rows and they were already out of turkey sandwiches.  Second flight we were in row 5 of 5.  Turkey sandwiches were again gone and I got the last chicken meal.  Micheline got stuck with the cheese plate (I offered her my chicken 😉).  They no longer have extras to ensure that you get what you want.  I complained to both flight attendants and both commented about cutbacks hitting in several places.  Delta First class ain't what it used to be.

That's really bad for first class, so glad we never fly first class to have to worry about that. 🤣

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm always looking forward to your reviews.  Should be great as always.

Warning if you're flying Delta first class (which I think you often do)...don't count too much on the  lunch.  Lunch on our last 2 Delta FC flights were cold box lunches.  The first flight we were in row 3 of 5 FC rows and they were already out of turkey sandwiches.  Second flight we were in row 5 of 5.  Turkey sandwiches were again gone and I got the last chicken meal.  Micheline got stuck with the cheese plate (I offered her my chicken 😉).  They no longer have extras to ensure that you get what you want.  I complained to both flight attendants and both commented about cutbacks hitting in several places.  Delta First class ain't what it used to be.

If that's First Class service , imagine what "steerage"must be like >>?!

Cheers

• Haha 3

Excited to follow along! Hope you have a great trip!
We’re trying to get to FLL ourselves to board the Odyssey tomorrow. Our flight to FL has been changed 5 times today, currently 2 hours late!

Your Intercontinental is the one that has a light show going on at night, a naked lady dancing or gyrating on the side of the building. At least with her moves I imagine she's naked. In the morning the light show is the LED's spelling out Good Morning Miami. Anyway, please verify for me who the captain is. I'm thinking it's Ante Cavala.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I'm going to guess that dinner is at the Hard Rock Cafe.  

Edit: Just checked the Air Canada flight status and the estimated arrival is now 17:01.  I don't want to jinx it either but should be plenty of time for a 6:45 reservation, wherever it is.

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mom*3 said:

Excited to follow along! Hope you have a great trip!
We’re trying to get to FLL ourselves to board the Odyssey tomorrow. Our flight to FL has been changed 5 times today, currently 2 hours late!

I hope you like Odyssey as much as I do.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm going to guess that dinner is at the Hard Rock Cafe.  

Edit: Just checked the Air Canada flight status and the estimated arrival is now 17:01.  I don't want to jinx it either but should be plenty of time for a 6:45 reservation, wherever it is.

Maybe Gordon Ramsey's Hell's Kitchen ?

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

Took me a day to find this and I'm already on page 3??

I'm in !!!  

Have a great time ..

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Just landed and now taxing to a gate. Owen is getting photos of the girls on Miami Beach. 

IMG_3982.thumb.jpeg.056590a22f54744f64a47a972438559b.jpeg

He knows priorities! 😉

• Haha 6

16 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Just landed and now taxing to a gate. Owen is getting photos of the girls on Miami Beach. 

IMG_3982.thumb.jpeg.056590a22f54744f64a47a972438559b.jpeg

Don't think he'll be able to see their bathing suits from that altitude.  They're hard enough to see when you're only a few feet away (or so I'm told).  

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Don't think he'll be able to see their bathing suits from that altitude.  They're hard enough to see when you're only a few feet away (or so I'm told).  

.But without pics this post is useless.

Pics will get you a game of monopoly though. 🙂

Edited by Jimbo
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Owen is getting photos of the girls on Miami Beach. 

Something tells me that his father is the one that taught him how to use the “zoom in” function properly. 

Oh hi Lisa. 👋 

• Haha 16

50 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

Took me a day to find this and I'm already on page 3??

I'm in !!!  

Have a great time ..

mac_tlc

You did a great Beyond review. Loved reading that.

Andrew I hope you did not have to use duct tape on that window in the plane!😉

• Haha 2