Oasis of the Seas Live, March 10th - 17th. Ain't no better place, ain't no better time than here and now.

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"And another from A&L_Ont ! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! See your post featured on our: Click: Cruise Reports page. When you return, please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

A&L_Ont was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

Kenny Chesney said it best, Better get to livin', 'cause all we've got is here and now. 

It’s time to start another Andrew, Lisa and Owen review, this time on Oasis of the Seas. We fly tomorrow to Miami and we board the ship Sunday.  We are already at our preflight hotel in Toronto. 

As for our cruise ports, they are the safest in the islands. If you asked us years ago if Jamaica could be our safest port I wouldn’t have taken that bet. Our itinerary is subject to change.😉

Honestly, CoCo Cay should be the safest.  Well, except for the mind numbing and soul destroying island theme song.  I’ve finally gotten it out of my head from our last visit in July. The bet the song will be earwormed into my skull before we get off the pier Tuesday morning.

IMG_3442.thumb.jpeg.8e5811c6d4b096ab7e08129d959154c6.jpeg

• Like 21

Posted (edited)

See you all in the morning with more cruise details to come. 

Those wondering about Lucy, is she going to miss us?  Maybe. 

IMG_3932.thumb.jpeg.3c17878ce9a8b42c960ec7621a3b0ffb.jpeg

Or just miss her evening treats?  I think she’s going to miss that. 

IMG_3939.thumb.jpeg.d331b26ed7c9b11a34c5d0065c4d0e07.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 22
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Kenny Chesney said it best, Better get to livin', 'cause all we've got is here and now. 

Yay, Kenny! 🎸

Have a great cruise, Andrew and family. ☘️

Posted (edited)

Have a wonderful cruise! Love your live reviews and looking forward to following along with you on your cruise virtually. Haven’t sailed on Oasis yet but will be sailing in her in June and the TA in October. 

Jenni

Edited by cruiselover04
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, taznremmy said:

I’m here and following along!  Poor Lucy😢

Poor Lucy already has Grandma Sharon wrapped around her finger. Her normal after dinner snacks will be arriving around 9am every morning, when she gets her water and food topped up. 

She’ll be giving this look in the morning for the next week. 

IMG_0371.thumb.jpeg.b8a8549823c25bf15184803441957e09.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 26
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Enjoy!  Keep her neat and tidy.  I'll be taking her across the pond next month.

We will.  You won’t catch me leaving ducks randomly about, but folks on my roll call will be.😉🤨

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Following along, and we will see you on board! Maybe even before that! 😉 safe travels tomorrow. 

Yes we will.  

For those not in the know, which should be all of you, we are staying at the same hotel as @Lovetocruise2002 in Miami. We have yet to stay at the same hotel in Miami twice, because we have not found the right one yet for us. This is their go to hotel so we are giving this location a go.

We have stayed at different Intercontinental locations but tonight it will be in Miami, on Chopin Plaza. If we like it, we will play it again. (sorry for the groaner😉) We booked with points so the price is right. Can’t remember the type of room and view but we will find out soon enough.

Our airport room was on points as well.  We’ll look at us saving money. We also get free lunch on the flight, that’s what I tell myself. 😂

On a side note, I think that’s RC HQ in the background.

IMG_3447.jpeg.9b6aa638c86f0adc7bc86257ce918492.jpeg

• Like 15

21 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

On board now.  Sorry we will be missing you and @Lovetocruise2002.  We sailed the exact same itin this week.  Beautiful weather…hopefully you will get the same.  Have a wonderful time !

We are sad to be missing you too! Again 😕

22 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

This is their go to hotel so we are giving this location a go.

Speaking of “go to”, we had a bit of a rough start with them this time around. Hopefully it gets sorted out today because I do love this place! And I hope that you guys love it too! See you soon! 

• Like 3

I'm always looking forward to your reviews.  Should be great as always.

Warning if you're flying Delta first class (which I think you often do)...don't count too much on the  lunch.  Lunch on our last 2 Delta FC flights were cold box lunches.  The first flight we were in row 3 of 5 FC rows and they were already out of turkey sandwiches.  Second flight we were in row 5 of 5.  Turkey sandwiches were again gone and I got the last chicken meal.  Micheline got stuck with the cheese plate (I offered her my chicken 😉).  They no longer have extras to ensure that you get what you want.  I complained to both flight attendants and both commented about cutbacks hitting in several places.  Delta First class ain't what it used to be.

• Like 2

Oasis AND a cat? This review is already checking so many of my boxes! Lucy looks like the type of lady who doesn't kid around when treats are involved. A lady after my own heart.

Have a safe flight and a wonderful cruise! 

• Like 2