The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday March 19th,

kazu

Good cold and sunny morning.Rain is expected tomorrow, then cold again Thursday.

@Haljo1935, I’m also on medication for tremors, I take Rasagiline, may I ask what your doctor was considering? I’ve had no side effects. It’s okay if you don’t want to answer.

Blessings and prayers to all on our journey.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, RMLincoln said:

My understanding and experience with SSA is that Full Retirement Age depends on your birth year but it’s around 66-67 give or take a few months for most of us now. If you take benefits between 62 and your FRA, your monthly amount is reduced from the FRA amount. If you delay taking your benefits beyond your FRA, your benefit amount grows by 8%annually until you reach age 70 when it no longer grows. The SSA.gov website is pretty good IMO for finding info and estimating benefits. m—

That is my understanding as well.  I didn't claim my social security at first after my 70th birthday and then got a letter from SSA telling me to do so as there was no increased benefit from waiting. 

@cat shepard I'm happy for your sister that she has a discharge date.  I know the two of you will find your pathway, but do remember we are here to lift you up.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 5

Good morning from a mostly sunny Quartzsite.  It was 43F when I got up this morning and is currently 50F.  After a much cooler than usual last week, we are getting back to our normal March temperatures.  Our high today will be 75F, and with the exception of one day, we'll be in the 70s and 80s for the next two weeks.

I'll celebrate Certified Nurses, and all the wonderful nurses who took care of DH the past two years.  Several of DH's customers and many of those who worked with him were from other countries, so International Client's Day is important too.  And we cannot forget International Read to Me Day which is to encourage children around the world to ask the adults in their villages to read to them.  We read to our DDs each night before bedtime for many years.  The DDs would bring library books home for us to read, and because of our preferences, I read Dr. Seuss and DH read the Curious George series, many, many times.

I have a great recipe for Chicken Cacciatore that I make with bone-in, skin-on thighs in the pressure cooker, and serve with rice.  I just won't be making it today since we'll be splitting a ribeye tonight.  We'll pass on the drink and the wine.

We have been to the port of Colombo, Sri Lanka, and I mean just the port.  In 2000, the guerilla group the Tamil Tigers set off a bomb in Colombo a few days before we were to arrive.  Because of the unrest, we were not allowed off the pier, and could only go as far as the few vendor tables set up near the ship.  

The opening of the Sydney Harbor Bridge in 1932 and the premiere of Faust and worth celebrating.  It was a sad day in 1920 when the Senate rejected the Treaty of Versailles and would not ratify the League of Nations.

@Haljo1935  Elizabeth, there is quite a bit of confusion between when you can collect SS benefits, and Full Retirement Age, which is 66 years two months if you were born before 1954.  After that it increases gradually to age 67 if you were born between 1955 and 1960.  As others have said, if you begin collecting SS benefits before FRA, the payments are decreased.  If you wait until FRA, then it gets a bit trickier.  In my case, it was better for me to start collecting SS benefits at 66, but for DH waiting until he was 70 was better.  You just have to make the calculations to determine what is best for each individual.

@smitty34877  Terry, physical therapists and occupational therapists also deserve their own day to be celebrated, too.

@grapau27  Graham, with each new revelation about Sarah's parents, I'm more appalled.  I'll never understand people who reject their own child and are mean to them.  But in reality, Sarah's parents were responsible for her birth, but you and Pauline are her true loving and kind patents.

@marshhawk  Annie, from experience, barfing cats or dogs will really wake you up quickly.

@cat shepard  Ann, I hope your DS is ready to go home and will do the required work needed to recover.  If you don't think she is ready, it is possible to appeal the decision to Medicare.  We (mostly me) talked to DH's case manager and therapists about what we/I felt was needed before I could comfortably take care of him at home.  They listened and reevaluated his case each week, and even extended the discharge date by three days.  You might think about talking to your DS's case manager and therapists about your concerns for when she is home.  We've found home health care is varied.  A neighbor had great care, but DH's nurse and therapy aide were sub-par. 

@ottahand7  Nancy, I always enjoyed watching the Pileated woodpeckers and the Ladderback woodpeckers.

@RMLincoln  Maureen, safe travels to your DGD and her husband.

432235783_1577401089781433_6963334281489695373_n.jpg.a1684d6329416881f0b9266b90d79152.jpg

432375967_402010439085958_7385693032182835913_n.jpg.b1095df51fa8f9f17de0374cc2794dce.jpg

432411529_403402565613412_3904689426441219511_n.jpg.9ceaec0869d8b7bfce51d86a3c6848ef.jpg

432430346_373256825624992_8169941824851493503_n.jpg.add34e9772a5f5b26ec8183a7f414f8f.jpg

432630264_7572996702724036_4530410385456774941_n.jpg.bbe4d11652257c9f5aeaf3afd9615344.jpg

432637499_985695676246237_89100208608966154_n.jpg.1c03227223f70df3fc6f4ec64feacdf1.jpg

Lenda

• Like 12
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 9

We have been to Colombo, Sri Lanka once.  In 2000 on the P&O world cruise, we docked in Colombo shortly after a bombing.  We could only walk around the dock area adjacent to the ship.  I have a few photos of town taken from the ship.

Colombo

P3100564.thumb.JPG.188fadfbce36cfe76ceff88babd20582.JPG

P3100565.thumb.JPG.c3fbbd575e9d373e4675f1ef7c801c82.JPG

P3100563.thumb.JPG.17efd55eb5dc2dbb3124c110c8bd4b2c.JPG

The welcoming dancers.

P3100556.thumb.JPG.fcd679d7fed59f6e66b212a74aa85526.JPG

P3100557.thumb.JPG.c09ab1eba75a06b5bc11db76eaa6aa1f.JPG

There were a few vendors who were allowed to set up tables near the ship.

P3100566.thumb.JPG.806e95cb38d7a104fd73deaafd352279.JPG

Like HAL and the Prinsendam, P&O had a ship that was beloved by the passengers.  However, the officers and crew were not as fond of that ship, the Canberra.  That ship was very old, and would have been retired years earlier if the British government  had not used her as a hospital ship during The Falklands war.  Before returning her to service, the government fully restored her, and to better condition than before.  The Canberra was in port the same day, and we were supposed to be able to tour her, but that was canceled too.  

P3100562.thumb.JPG.e124c3cf360ab60d8fef988f663ef9ef.JPG

Lenda

• Like 16
  • Thanks 9

Good morning all.  We have been busy with estimators for the remodeling of our two bathrooms. We're going with the company I really like who also did our kitchen some years ago.  So today it's off to the showrooms to get design ideas.  That's the fun part.

We all read to the four grandchildren.  They all love their books.  So hats off to Read to Me Day.  And to all the wonderful nurses.  I've never met one I didn't admire.  Our DSIL practices international business law, so with him in mind, I'll also tip the hat to his clients.

Chicken Cacciatore has wonderful flavor.  Even sounds good with polenta.  Those Long Island Iced Teas were a favorite in college.  I was tougher back then.

Would love to go to Sri Lanka -- expect we will someday.

Oscar Wilde...I don't want to be stabbed anywhere.

@grapau27, Graham, your latest update on Sarah's mom actually made my stomach feel icky.  Keep Sarah close.  This has to really affect her physically.  It would anyone.  What a sad, sad situation.

@lazey1 Jane, don't overlook the baked potatoes at lunch.  The salad with oil & vinegar you mentioned works really well for low-salt.  Sometimes that chopped up potato gives the meal a bit more substance.  (They may salt the skin, not sure.)

Many thanks to our FR&D Team -- and to all who contribute.  Wishing everyone a great day -- even those who just stop by to visit, but never post.   ❤️

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)

Good morning. Thanks for the FR/Daily @kazu @richwmn and maps @rafinmd.

I'll salute certified nurses. No one here to read to me or for me to read to. I try to be a good client to the businesses I deal with. I agree with the quote; a good friend will tell you things to your face. I like the meal and the drink. Pass on the wine. I haven't been to Colombo. 

It's cold, very windy, and snowed enough to make some roads slick this morning, causing accidents. I had a tough day yesterday seeing my friends, in that my walking was very painful. We went to see the movie One Life, the true story of Sir Nicholas Winton, a young London broker who, in the months leading up to World War II, rescued 669 Jewish children from N-a-z-i-occupied Czechoslovakia. The theater had reclining seats and I couldn't find any way to sit that didn't cause more pain. Then we went out to dinner, then took them to the airport. I slept about 3.5 hours. Today is not as bad so far, but I'm discouraged that the injection only gave me pain relief for 2 weeks, before symptoms started to come back. I'm heading to PT shortly.

@StLouisCruisers Another lovely tree and decorations by DD. 

@Haljo1935 I'm sorry you're dealing with so many issues, and no clear path of what to do about most of them. I hope you can get the LOA and Accommodation. Could you qualify for Social Security disability?

@0106 I thought I heard about a program here of kids reading to cats, although I can't see cats being very attentive!

@smitty34877 I hope Tana is resting more comfortably and that you are doing well.

@grapau27 I can believe Sarah and Pauline are angry. And it is so cruel that Sarah was not mentioned in the obit. She is fortunate to have you and Pauline in her life.

@cat shepard DSis must be doing well to possibly be discharged this Saturday. I hope she will follow through with what she needs to do at home.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Thanks for the Colombo photos. 

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to those Celebrating.

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 6

Good morning and Happy Tuesday. I used to hate Tuesdays when I was working. It was our longest work day and usually was a 9-10 hour day. 

@Haljo1935, I retired when I turned 65 but had already taken early SS at 62. So that meant I could only work so many hours per week to keep getting my monthly benefits. It was a good arrangement but I hated that job, I never felt like it fit. But as a friend told me once, sometimes you have to have a job you hate to make ends meet. I decided to get early SS because the numbers for my work history weren’t worth waiting for full benefits since I mostly worked part time most of my working life with only about 10 years of full time work. Anyway my situation doesn’t help you but as you can see it pays to check the numbers for your own situation and work history. 

Thank you to everyone for your kind comments about my DM. They all are appreciated and make sense. I’m just going to keep on keeping on!

Well Blue is wondering why he hasn’t had lunch yet so I better get going. He keeps nudging my hands.  Have a great day everyone!

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good morning from a mostly sunny Quartzsite.  It was 43F when I got up this morning and is currently 50F.  After a much cooler than usual last week, we are getting back to our normal March temperatures.  Our high today will be 75F, and with the exception of one day, we'll be in the 70s and 80s for the next two weeks.

I'll celebrate Certified Nurses, and all the wonderful nurses who took care of DH the past two years.  Several of DH's customers and many of those who worked with him were from other countries, so International Client's Day is important too.  And we cannot forget International Read to Me Day which is to encourage children around the world to ask the adults in their villages to read to them.  We read to our DDs each night before bedtime for many years.  The DDs would bring library books home for us to read, and because of our preferences, I read Dr. Seuss and DH read the Curious George series, many, many times.

I have a great recipe for Chicken Cacciatore that I make with bone-in, skin-on thighs in the pressure cooker, and serve with rice.  I just won't be making it today since we'll be splitting a ribeye tonight.  We'll pass on the drink and the wine.

We have been to the port of Colombo, Sri Lanka, and I mean just the port.  In 2000, the guerilla group the Tamil Tigers set off a bomb in Colombo a few days before we were to arrive.  Because of the unrest, we were not allowed off the pier, and could only go as far as the few vendor tables set up near the ship.  

The opening of the Sydney Harbor Bridge in 1932 and the premiere of Faust and worth celebrating.  It was a sad day in 1920 when the Senate rejected the Treaty of Versailles and would not ratify the League of Nations.

@Haljo1935  Elizabeth, there is quite a bit of confusion between when you can collect SS benefits, and Full Retirement Age, which is 66 years two months if you were born before 1954.  After that it increases gradually to age 67 if you were born between 1955 and 1960.  As others have said, if you begin collecting SS benefits before FRA, the payments are decreased.  If you wait until FRA, then it gets a bit trickier.  In my case, it was better for me to start collecting SS benefits at 66, but for DH waiting until he was 70 was better.  You just have to make the calculations to determine what is best for each individual.

@smitty34877  Terry, physical therapists and occupational therapists also deserve their own day to be celebrated, too.

@grapau27  Graham, with each new revelation about Sarah's parents, I'm more appalled.  I'll never understand people who reject their own child and are mean to them.  But in reality, Sarah's parents were responsible for her birth, but you and Pauline are her true loving and kind patents.

@marshhawk  Annie, from experience, barfing cats or dogs will really wake you up quickly.

@cat shepard  Ann, I hope your DS is ready to go home and will do the required work needed to recover.  If you don't think she is ready, it is possible to appeal the decision to Medicare.  We (mostly me) talked to DH's case manager and therapists about what we/I felt was needed before I could comfortably take care of him at home.  They listened and reevaluated his case each week, and even extended the discharge date by three days.  You might think about talking to your DS's case manager and therapists about your concerns for when she is home.  We've found home health care is varied.  A neighbor had great care, but DH's nurse and therapy aide were sub-par. 

@ottahand7  Nancy, I always enjoyed watching the Pileated woodpeckers and the Ladderback woodpeckers.

@RMLincoln  Maureen, safe travels to your DGD and her husband.

432235783_1577401089781433_6963334281489695373_n.jpg.a1684d6329416881f0b9266b90d79152.jpg

432375967_402010439085958_7385693032182835913_n.jpg.b1095df51fa8f9f17de0374cc2794dce.jpg

432411529_403402565613412_3904689426441219511_n.jpg.9ceaec0869d8b7bfce51d86a3c6848ef.jpg

432430346_373256825624992_8169941824851493503_n.jpg.add34e9772a5f5b26ec8183a7f414f8f.jpg

432630264_7572996702724036_4530410385456774941_n.jpg.bbe4d11652257c9f5aeaf3afd9615344.jpg

432637499_985695676246237_89100208608966154_n.jpg.1c03227223f70df3fc6f4ec64feacdf1.jpg

Lenda

Thank you Lenda.

Sarah and all of her friends look at us as her real parents.

• Like 13

Now that Blue’s tummy is full I wanted to say a few more things. 

Pennie @Nickelpenny, thank you for the rocket launch picture. We went out about 45 minutes late and only saw the trail. Still impressive. There are supposed to be two more but the website doesn’t have the dates. If you find out please let me know. Looks like they are all for StarLink. 

Graham @grapau27, I can understand the anger Pauline and Sarah feel. So sad. To be so close by as neighbors but disowned and ignored has got to be stressful. No wonder it has affected Sarah’s health. 

Long Island Iced Tea used to be Craig’s drink of choice when we were out until Campari became more common in bars, so now it’s a Negroni. 

I’m not a fan of chicken cacciatore so will pass. I think we might be having Jersey Mike’s today. We like the cheesesteak sandwich and order a large one to share. I also love their potato chips, Miss Vicki’s, and I can’t find them in stores. The BBQ are my favorite and not overly seasoned. 

The pool deck is better but I can still see some black paint splatter in the crevices. We’ve asked the owner to come over to discuss. 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 4

Back from the dentist  (and the best lunch in town).  Not good news for either of us.  It is bone that is breaking away from the jaw, because of the radiation.  So nothing a dentist can do.  Poor Chuck, he was hoping for a much better answer.  Like it would stop.  But it's been more than 2 years, and it will continue.  Worse not better.

The new hygienist I saw was from Bulgaria.  She did speak English, but she was not a chatty person.  She explained everything she was going to do to me (like I had never seen a dentist).  I could have been insulted, but I thought it was cute.  She did say "oh you have a hole in this tooth"  what tooth i asked .  She poked it and said this one.  Couldn't feel a thing.  Previous root canal   However it was infected, and will need to be pulled,   And get an implant.  Which sounds painful, but then again, I cant feel anything.  Until he said, they will.have to take some bone from somewhere else to build up something that will hold it in place.

Tonight is back to our local county Symphony, Classical Guitar.  Which I love.  I wrote down the days that Chuck couldn't work on a sheet of paper and gave it to him.  He pays no attention to that, and scheduled work today.  So I had to remind him again, and he said, well he called out yesterday, he had to work today.

And right now until I get my new computer, (yup a new computer) I can't work at all.  So I sat outside for awhile, and now I have to go to the post office and the bank, as someone has to provide dinner.

In July of 2017 DH fell, and lost vision in one eye, and had some damage to his "gray cells" he could no longer work as he was a repair person on copiers, and couldn't see well enough to work on them anymore. He retired and started his SS.  May of 2019 DH had a heart attack.  , .  In August of 2019, I was laid off in a buyout.  I was 65.  I figured I would retire, and be home with him more, so that was my excuse of not working until I was age 72.  After two weeks, he told me to get a job.  He had had the house all to himself for two years, and he liked it that way.  

At one point while working 15 years at the Arts Center, I worked 3 jobs at once, two part time, and one full time.  (had to pay for cruise addiction) soi I called one of my old bosses and got my part time job back.  The job that I have now.  And then covid hit  And I was back home full time.  We took up walking in the woods, sitting on the chairs in the back.  We threw a couple chairs in the jeep, and would go to drive through and pull out the chairs in a parking lot and "eat out".  Year two of covid, and he was doing radiation.  And I was still not working.  When my job opened up again, I started back, but working from home.  DH said the job wasn't hard, and he got a job through my old boss, and he started working again too.

So when people ask if we are retired, we say yes, but SS isnt cracked up to what we thought it would be. We work all the time!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 6

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Now that Blue’s tummy is full I wanted to say a few more things. 

Pennie @Nickelpenny, thank you for the rocket launch picture. We went out about 45 minutes late and only saw the trail. Still impressive. There are supposed to be two more but the website doesn’t have the dates. If you find out please let me know. Looks like they are all for StarLink. 

Graham @grapau27, I can understand the anger Pauline and Sarah feel. So sad. To be so close by as neighbors but disowned and ignored has got to be stressful. No wonder it has affected Sarah’s health. 

Long Island Iced Tea used to be Craig’s drink of choice when we were out until Campari became more common in bars, so now it’s a Negroni. 

I’m not a fan of chicken cacciatore so will pass. I think we might be having Jersey Mike’s today. We like the cheesesteak sandwich and order a large one to share. I also love their potato chips, Miss Vicki’s, and I can’t find them in stores. The BBQ are my favorite and not overly seasoned. 

The pool deck is better but I can still see some black paint splatter in the crevices. We’ve asked the owner to come over to discuss. 

Thank you Sharon.

Sarah moved out of her parents house when she was 18 over 25 years ago and her mother said then don't come back to live here and now she lives 20 miles away.

Sarah's parents and us have 2 detached houses at the bottom of a small close.

This photo from my garage view CCTV camera shows how close.

IMG_20240319_144357.jpg.d0116354a4f7a84986ab338e04b45271.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 5

Playing a bit of catch up here and probably missing some stuff but…

29 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Miss Vicki’s, and I can’t find them in stores. The BBQ are my favorite and not overly seasoned. 

Come to the East coast.  Miss Vicki’s is everywhere.  Grocery stores, convenience stores, Costco, etc.  We have a big birthday coming up and when I asked what I could bring - it was chips (I’m bringing more than that 😉).  Since the Covered Bridge chips are not available now that the factory burned down, Miss Vicki’s was the best choice and they are on hand now for a couple of weeks from now.

27 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Back from the dentist  (and the best lunch in town).  Not good news for either of us.  It is bone that is breaking away from the jaw, because of the radiation.  So nothing a dentist can do.  Poor Chuck, he was hoping for a much better answer.  Like it would stop.  But it's been more than 2 years, and it will continue.  Worse not better.

The new hygienist I saw was from Bulgaria.  She did speak English, but she was not a chatty person.  She explained everything she was going to do to me (like I had never seen a dentist).  I could have been insulted, but I thought it was cute.  She did say "oh you have a hole in this tooth"  what tooth i asked .  She poked it and said this one.  Couldn't feel a thing.  Previous root canal   However it was infected, and will need to be pulled,   And get an implant.  Which sounds painful, but then again, I cant feel anything.  Until he said, they will.have to take some bone from somewhere else to build up something that will hold it in place.

Oh dear Annie - that’s distressing 😔. I am so sorry to hear that there is no help for Chuck and that you will need an implant.  Sounds like they need to do a bone graft for you 😳  Not fun but you will feel better soon after.  Best wishes for you both.

27 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

And right now until I get my new computer, (yup a new computer) I can't work at all. 

Yay on the new computer 👍. Won’t work?  Do they have tech help or do you know someone who is good at it or even a 9 year old ?  I swear what some of these young ones know now would knock your socks off.  Hope you can get things up and running 🤞 

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning and Happy Tuesday. I used to hate Tuesdays when I was working. It was our longest work day and usually was a 9-10 hour day. 

@Haljo1935, I retired when I turned 65 but had already taken early SS at 62. So that meant I could only work so many hours per week to keep getting my monthly benefits. It was a good arrangement but I hated that job, I never felt like it fit. But as a friend told me once, sometimes you have to have a job you hate to make ends meet. I decided to get early SS because the numbers for my work history weren’t worth waiting for full benefits since I mostly worked part time most of my working life with only about 10 years of full time work. Anyway my situation doesn’t help you but as you can see it pays to check the numbers for your own situation and work history. 

Wow - After reading the different posts today all I can say is that life is complicated south of the border.  retirement age is 70?  

I retired at 55 (reduced pension but so worth it for my sanity after too many years of 70 hours of work.  And began work lobbying and working for a new animal shelter (I did succeed 😉).   CPP (our Government pension plan) kicked in at 60 (early again).   DD DH retired at 65 but adored his work & they didn’t want to lose him - so he became Professional Corporation and went back to work under that until 72.  I was busy taking care of his business, gardens and dogs. 😉   

things were well explained and I knew what we were getting into it.  Grateful that I did what I did as DD DH and I could not have cruised and travelled as much if we had not.

• Like 18

I applaud certified nurses; they have achieved a higher level of qualification, like a doctor's being board-certified. The chicken would be OK, but I think that LI iced tea can only be consumed at poolside, even though the amount of alcohol would make swimming iffy. For a Chardonnay, not one of the best grapes for the FL, Cayuga Ridge Estate 2016.

I took today's cloud observation from the other side of the house, so as not to excite the very excitable dogs. The Weather Channel said that s-n-o-w was falling but I didn't see any.

Teaching Lamentations and Daniel tonight, mostly Daniel. It will be my last class until May--April will be too busy with Passover and I will be too busy with school.

smokingrabbits.thumb.jpg.62ff632dfd652e61aaecf498c2325c7d.jpg

• Like 14
  • Haha 9

@kazu Maybe this is too weird to post here, but I had the strangest phenomenon (sp) two nights ago.  I had fallen asleep, but for some reason I was holding someone's hands in mine.  someone who needed a friend. The power of the pain of the person woke me up, and I thought first, well,  am I holding someone's hands in mine right now, and oddly enough I was. I felt the hands.   And they were yours.  (you were attached to them of course),  It was all very spiritual, but mind boggling.  So I hope it helped.  Since I don't have your email, this was the best way to tell you.  I hope everything is ok or at least better now.

Anyway.  I know I am weird,  I accepted that fact years ago.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

@kazu Maybe this is too weird to post here, but I had the strangest phenomenon (sp) two nights ago.  I had fallen asleep, but for some reason I was holding someone's hands in mine.  someone who needed a friend. The power of the pain of the person woke me up, and I thought first, well,  am I holding someone's hands in mine right now, and oddly enough I was. I felt the hands.   And they were yours.  (you were attached to them of course),  It was all very spiritual, but mind boggling.  So I hope it helped.  Since I don't have your email, this was the best way to tell you.  I hope everything is ok or at least better now.

You are Psychic Annie as is Pauline.

Certain things can not be explained but prove to be true.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Wow Annie.  

and I did wake up that night feeling some sense of something.  Wow.

I would like to say things are better but I would be lying.  I am just waiting with trepidation to hear from my doctor tomorrow.  i don’t know what is worse - to say there is nothing they can see or something we can’t fix.  I’m assuming if she wants to discuss it, there is something.

My physio had a suspicion and in a way, I hope she is right.  It is painful and time to fix but she knows how to do it.  the X-Ray was ordered on her recommendation - she knows I work my physio.  She was with me for 2 broken elbows and she is very good - very much like Jose in how she practices.

You are NOT weird at all and fyi - anyone can reach me - my email is in my signature.  

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good cold and sunny morning.Rain is expected tomorrow, then cold again Thursday.

@Haljo1935, I’m also on medication for tremors, I take Rasagiline, may I ask what your doctor was considering? I’ve had no side effects. It’s okay if you don’t want to answer.

Blessings and prayers to all on our journey.

It is Gabapentin. 

If you're willing to share, does the Rasagiline help?

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

um... i somehow dont have anyones signatures.  there must be a way.

If you go under your profile, click on account settings, then signature, at the top of that box that comes up it says "view signatures?". You can toggle that to on to see other people's signatures.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Oh geez - I lost my reply; let's try again.

Top right, horizontal bars (sometimes called the "hamburger ") click "account" 

20240319_161021.thumb.jpg.e237dc09d96b7c1e4bcf1fb19e8a8b58.jpg

20240319_161000.thumb.jpg.940c5f0091b2cc54d6a3cae5665c2ded.jpg

Then "settings" then the dropdown arrow "settings area" and finally toggle on "view signature"

20240319_160934.jpg

20240319_162402.thumb.jpg.a6bdb2e3d75b0b461b16ad6bae9f3592.jpg

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Follow up - the steps and screenshots I posted are for an Android  - iPhone may be different. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Just go to settings and choose see signature.

oops apologies. - should have read further before I answered.  Mea culpa. 😞 

• Like 6

Good afternoon.  While the sun makes it seem hot standing in the sun, it is cooler outside than inside.  It the first time we've been able to open the house during the day.  We usually open it after dinner, and always at night in the bedroom.  The laundry is off the line, folded and put away.  I've also gone through the food in the pantry and the storeroom to see what was really out of date.  This year, there was very little to toss, and it went in the trash pickup today.  

5 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good morning. Thanks for the FR/Daily @kazu @richwmn and maps @rafinmd.

I'll salute certified nurses. No one here to read to me or for me to read to. I try to be a good client to the businesses I deal with. I agree with the quote; a good friend will tell you things to your face. I like the meal and the drink. Pass on the wine. I haven't been to Colombo. 

It's cold, very windy, and snowed enough to make some roads slick this morning, causing accidents. I had a tough day yesterday seeing my friends, in that my walking was very painful. We went to see the movie One Life, the true story of Sir Nicholas Winton, a young London broker who, in the months leading up to World War II, rescued 669 Jewish children from N-a-z-i-occupied Czechoslovakia. The theater had reclining seats and I couldn't find any way to sit that didn't cause more pain. Then we went out to dinner, then took them to the airport. I slept about 3.5 hours. Today is not as bad so far, but I'm discouraged that the injection only gave me pain relief for 2 weeks, before symptoms started to come back. I'm heading to PT shortly.

@StLouisCruisers Another lovely tree and decorations by DD. 

@Haljo1935 I'm sorry you're dealing with so many issues, and no clear path of what to do about most of them. I hope you can get the LOA and Accommodation. Could you qualify for Social Security disability?

@0106 I thought I heard about a program here of kids reading to cats, although I can't see cats being very attentive!

@smitty34877 I hope Tana is resting more comfortably and that you are doing well.

@grapau27 I can believe Sarah and Pauline are angry. And it is so cruel that Sarah was not mentioned in the obit. She is fortunate to have you and Pauline in her life.

@cat shepard DSis must be doing well to possibly be discharged this Saturday. I hope she will follow through with what she needs to do at home.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Thanks for the Colombo photos. 

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to those Celebrating.

Vanessa, I'm so sorry the pain is coming back, and I hope you can find something that will help longer than two weeks. I'm glad you got to visit with you British friends, but sorry you were in so much pain.  

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Lenda.

Sarah and all of her friends look at us as her real parents.

Graham, you are Sarah's real parents, the ones that basically raised her, taught her how to be a loving caring person, and the ones who were there for her when things were at their worst.

2 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Tonight is back to our local county Symphony, Classical Guitar.  Which I love.  I wrote down the days that Chuck couldn't work on a sheet of paper and gave it to him.  He pays no attention to that, and scheduled work today.  So I had to remind him again, and he said, well he called out yesterday, he had to work today.

And right now until I get my new computer, (yup a new computer) I can't work at all.  So I sat outside for awhile, and now I have to go to the post office and the bank, as someone has to provide dinner.

In July of 2017 DH fell, and lost vision in one eye, and had some damage to his "gray cells" he could no longer work as he was a repair person on copiers, and couldn't see well enough to work on them anymore. He retired and started his SS.  May of 2019 DH had a heart attack.  , .  In August of 2019, I was laid off in a buyout.  I was 65.  I figured I would retire, and be home with him more, so that was my excuse of not working until I was age 72.  After two weeks, he told me to get a job.  He had had the house all to himself for two years, and he liked it that way.  

At one point while working 15 years at the Arts Center, I worked 3 jobs at once, two part time, and one full time.  (had to pay for cruise addiction) soi I called one of my old bosses and got my part time job back.  The job that I have now.  And then covid hit  And I was back home full time.  We took up walking in the woods, sitting on the chairs in the back.  We threw a couple chairs in the jeep, and would go to drive through and pull out the chairs in a parking lot and "eat out".  Year two of covid, and he was doing radiation.  And I was still not working.  When my job opened up again, I started back, but working from home.  DH said the job wasn't hard, and he got a job through my old boss, and he started working again too.

So when people ask if we are retired, we say yes, but SS isnt cracked up to what we thought it would be. We work all the time!

Annie, FWIW, I had an implant in 2004, and I have not had any problems with it.  Back then, the oral surgeon, not my regular dentist, drilled out the root because the tooth failed under the crown.  At that time he put the post in, and I had to wait four months until the bone grew around the post to have the rest of the implant put in.  I think they do it a bit differently now.  I'm sorry your DH is having to deal with the jaw bone disintegrating.  It mush be very painful and disheartening.

1 hour ago, kazu said:

I retired at 55 (reduced pension but so worth it for my sanity after too many years of 70 hours of work.  And began work lobbying and working for a new animal shelter (I did succeed 😉).   CPP (our Government pension plan) kicked in at 60 (early again).   DD DH retired at 65 but adored his work & they didn’t want to lose him - so he became Professional Corporation and went back to work under that until 72.  I was busy taking care of his business, gardens and dogs. 😉   

Kazu, there are different ages when you can begin drawing Social Security.  While the  SS official Full Retirement Age is 66 and two months and heading to 67, you can begin drawing SS benefits, at a smaller amount, at 62.  You are eligible for the full amount when you reach FRA which depends on the year you were born.  For some people who had higher earnings, waiting until 70 to start receiving SS benefits is best.  Sadly, our government does not do things the easy way.

Lenda

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3