Celebrity removes loungers from balcony?

1 hour ago, REEtired said:

I was told there will be a lounger and foot stools on our balcony. We’re sailing on Eclipse next month. 

Sorry if you posted this somewhere already, but what type of room are you in?  I'm in an infinite veranda next month & I will be requesting a lounger but expecting to be told no.

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, TGfromTX said:

Sorry if you posted this somewhere already, but what type of room are you in?  I'm in an infinite veranda next month & I will be requesting a lounger but expecting to be told no.

There have never been loungers in IV cabins or 90+% of balcony cabins on Celebrity Ships.   There should be no expectations for one.  You should not put the crew in the position by even asking.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, REEtired said:

I’m Elite+ and booked in Prime Aqua on the Eclipse. 

How big is the balcony and does it include a lounger?  I’ve spent many a cruise in Aqua class but never with a lounger.

Elite + has nothing to do with it.

Edited by Oville

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

There have never been loungers in IV cabins or 90+% of balcony cabins on Celebrity Ships.   There should be no expectations for one.  You should not put the crew in the position by even asking.

On Summit in December, I had two chairs (no footstool) and a small table between the two chairs.  The lounge chair thing is not new, they have frequently had to be asked for.

Just off Silhouette in a RS.  No loungers.  We asked for one and got one. It was removed just before we left so won’t be there for next guests.  

3 hours ago, TGfromTX said:

There will be a lounger in your IV cabin. It’s also called a bed. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

11 hours ago, Oville said:

How big is the balcony and does it include a lounger?  I’ve spent many a cruise in Aqua class but never with a lounger.

Elite + has nothing to do with it.

I have had loungers in Aqua class but they were deck 11 aft balconies on M class ships. YMMV. 

1 hour ago, 39august said:

There is absolutely NO room for a lounger in an IV cabin.

Also, why would anyone want a lounger inside a stateroom anyway?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Probably for the same reason they'd want their 'veranda' in their stateroom 😉

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Agreed.

Those who say they will request a lounger for an IV stateroom, IMO are not familiar with this type of room and the fact that the “veranda” is actually inside the cabin.

The window overlooking the water can be lowered to “create” a verandah, but a lounger would take up a lot of space.

image.jpeg

Edited by C-Dragons

2 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

image.jpeg

Thanks for posting the photo - I'll address the questions about why.  I am cruising in a solo IV for the first time.  The solo version does not have the chaise on the left in the photo above - the room is not as deep. Without the chaise, there is nowhere to sit that I can lean back into (no upper back or head support) except for the bed.  Although there are moments I like to sit upright, I don't think I want to be sitting upright anytime I enjoy the view.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/11/2024 at 4:25 PM, AC Stew said:

Tiny update, direct from Executive Office customer service individual: 

I was just informed that the decision was made at the highest level, the new CEO and her inner circle. Comments made to the phone number below are being passed onto that upper level  management team.

I also pressed for a firm answer as to what furniture would be placed on the balcony. Answer? The Kelly Hoppen miserably uncomfortable little half back chairs. I reiterated that there's a couple of months before final payment, and I would not accept those chairs under any circumstances. The fellow I spoke to (Mantana?) stated that all emails and phone conversations are being compiled and then passed on to upper management.

So, I'm not quite ready to stop beating that poor horse. It's not dead (YET)! There are 7 folks answering the phones at the number below. They are well aware of this issue, and the fact that we're not buying an unexplained "safety" excuse. Call them! 

Executive Office: (305) 614-1343

PS> I also added that if passenger misbehavior or lounger misuse is responsible for this matter, let them look at their deck cameras and punish the abusers. Ship Security would know who they were!

I'm just catching up on this thread....Whew!

Thank you for posting the phone number.  I just called and spoke with Diana.  Unfortunately, there is a good chance we will have those small new chairs on our concierge balcony.  I knew we wouldn't have a lounger but I was planning on this high back chair  (bringing our own foot rests).  She supposedly will call me back but said we could ask our room stward to switch out the chairs if there was any available.  Haha...doubt that!

Where are those Ninja Suits? 

image.png.2aa006c78787f044f9246352078c309c.png

If caught, just worried we'll be banned from the Martini Bar!  😁

image.png.bd139ba6e223ead06c1d44fba4f4a764.png

image.png.8579b0e1ce238b77014244a455bb4f36.png

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, TGfromTX said:

Thanks for posting the photo - I'll address the questions about why.  I am cruising in a solo IV for the first time.  The solo version does not have the chaise on the left in the photo above - the room is not as deep. Without the chaise, there is nowhere to sit that I can lean back into (no upper back or head support) except for the bed.  Although there are moments I like to sit upright, I don't think I want to be sitting upright anytime I enjoy the view.

I've stayed in a solo IV. There is NO room for a lounger.

• Thanks 2

On 6/2/2024 at 2:04 PM, The German Guys said:

It is always frustrating to hear what cutbacks and restrictions the management will come up with next, and above all with what reason. Unbelievable! With that we will finally have our last cruise with C in July. If I had known this earlier, I would have canceled this cruise too. And of course there is no reason to book another Future Cruise. 
It is inconceivable that we have booked an Edge Villa at horrendous prices and are not even supposed to be provided with a lounger. We cruise because we want to feel comfortable in a nice suite and relax on a veranda. But this is no longer possible with Celebrity. In fact, we could have booked a cheap inside cabin instead if the veranda is no longer usable. I am sure that the water in the veranda pool will also be emptied ....because it could be „Slippery when wet“. Safety first of course! 

when my butler gives me the tour of my cabin, how to adjust the pool temp etc, ill say ummmm...where are the loungers...then frown..maybe cry. that may help lol.

We are currently on the Summit (June 17, 2024) doing a B2B in Alaska.  There are still loungers on our aft balcony and on all the balconies around us.  They did not remove any loungers in between the 2 sailings.  

15 hours ago, Lovincruisin1321 said:

image.png.8579b0e1ce238b77014244a455bb4f36.png

How could anyone who claims to be a designer (Kelly Hoppen) claim these chairs are comfortable for anyone?????  They look like cheap dollar store chairs and the table doesn't even rank that high/  Luxury??????????  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gracie115 said:

How could anyone who claims to be a designer (Kelly Hoppen) claim these chairs are comfortable for anyone?????  They look like cheap dollar store chairs and the table doesn't even rank that high/  Luxury??????????  

Not to mention they’re horribly mismatched with the table. If you look at how ships like the Summit have been “revolutionized” under her direction you will see displays of poor taste, cheap quality, low functioning and lack of comfort. This is just another example of what I fear is yet to come fleetwide. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

Agreed.

Those who say they will request a lounger for an IV stateroom, IMO are not familiar with this type of room and the fact that the “veranda” is actually inside the cabin.

The window overlooking the water can be lowered to “create” a verandah, but a lounger would take up a lot of space.

image.jpeg

And maybe this is why they’re saying no to loungers and it being a safety issue. Maybe others are asking for loungers for their IV trying to make it into a true veranda. Shoving a lounger into any IV - it would be too crowded and a tripping hazard for guests and room stewards.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, vjmatty said:

Not to mention they’re horribly mismatched with the table. If you look at how ships like the Summit have been “revolutionized” under her direction you will see displays of poor taste, cheap quality, low functioning and lack of comfort. This is just another example of what I fear is yet to come fleetwide. 

Yes, I feel the same way.  The chairs/table look really cheap ....  not really what X likes to call "Modern Luxury"..... lol

We have one more short cruise on X this December and then 3 more on Princess.  Suspect we will be going in other directions from Celebrity if this kind of stuff continues to cheapen the brand while the prices go up & up......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gracie115 said:

Yes, I feel the same way.  The chairs/table look really cheap ....  not really what X likes to call "Modern Luxury"..... lol

We have one more short cruise on X this December and then 3 more on Princess.  Suspect we will be going in other directions from Celebrity if this kind of stuff continues to cheapen the brand while the prices go up & up......

Princess is pretty good about balcony furniture, assuming it’s a true balcony and not a “ledge” as I call the majority of them on Royal class ships. However, inside the cabin is another story. If you’re in a balcony cabin that’s not a deluxe balcony, you won’t get a couch or sometimes even a chair other than the one at the desk.

We were on Princess Emerald Feb. 2024 in a Penthouse suite and had 2 uncomfortable wooden chairs and ottomans on our balcony . I would gladly take chaise lounger over those barbaric boards!!

Just got a call from Executive office.  Diana.  

1.  She first tried to tell me that there are NO loungers on Sky suite balconies.  She said they are not big enough (lie).  I know better and told her that.  Been sailing X since 2009.  Told her loungers are pictured on Celebrity web site on SS balcony, also.

2.  then she told me that ALL loungers have been removed for “safety issues”.

3. I pressed further and she said you can ask for one once onboard and since you are in the retreat, you should receive it.

Really ? Are they nuts?! This is ridiculous.  We are not Wed to X anymore.  We sail other lines and probably will not be back after this sailing.

SAD.  The impression I was left with is the Celebrity Executive Office could care less whether we ever return.

1 hour ago, takemewithyou said:

The impression I was left with is the Celebrity Executive Office could care less whether we ever return.

that was made clear to us.. POGA (piss off go away)... Havent been back...