EZair Pricing Is Better Than What I Get With An Airline Employee Discount!

We have airline employee flight benefits so usually book directly, but I decided to compare those rates with EZair for our upcoming cruise. Incredibly, the price through Princess was almost exactly the same as what we would pay using our discount. Unlike booking directly with the lowest fare, we are able to select our seats and change or cancel our plans anytime up to 45 days before the flight without consequence. I have used EZair before but really didn't remember it being so great! 

I do see that baggage fees are not included, so we will be paying ~$40 each for that. Even so, this pricing is incredibly competitive. I don't believe a regular (non-discounted) direct fare would come close to comparing with what I'm seeing in EZair, at least for our travel dates. 

It's been years since I used this service so if anyone has advice on potential issues, I'd appreciate it. I'm really impressed with the EZ 😆 of it so far!

EZ Air.png

• Like 3

We have had great deals booking through the cruise line in the past, but not for our trip this summer.  It was quite a bit more to book through the cruise line than booking direct with the airline.  About $500 each.   So it always pays to look and compare.

• Like 3

@So_Tweetie, we generally use them if we fly in and out of our destination on the same day as the cruise.  It is usually better pricing if you fly internationally.  I am paying more for my trip up to Seattle than listed on the Alaska airline site but I really like the guarantee they will get us on the ship or at the next port and get us back home if disembarkation is delayed.  
The flexible fare is really nice, though.  Still deciding if I’m just going to go through Alaksa or Southwest.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nini said:

We have never paid any baggage fees with EZ Air. We have flown on AA, Virgin Atlantic, and British Airways.

I hope that's true with United as well! 

1 hour ago, nini said:

We have never paid any baggage fees with EZ Air. We have flown on AA, Virgin Atlantic, and British Airways.

Are you talking about international flights only? I believe these airlines normally do not charge for the first bag on international flights, but they do charge on domestic flights.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cruise Raider said:

@So_Tweetie, we generally use them if we fly in and out of our destination on the same day as the cruise.  It is usually better pricing if you fly internationally.  I am paying more for my trip up to Seattle than listed on the Alaska airline site but I really like the guarantee they will get us on the ship or at the next port and get us back home if disembarkation is delayed.  
The flexible fare is really nice, though.  Still deciding if I’m just going to go through Alaksa or Southwest.  

The guarantee to get you on the ship at the next port may not apply on an Alaska cruise. I assume your Seattle Alaska cruise is a round trip with a stop in Victoria on the last day. Because of the PVSA, you can't embark at an Alaska port and disembark in Seattle. The only way they could legally put you on the ship at the next port would be for you to disembark at Victoria, and that would be dependent on Canada allowing it.

• Like 1

I have also found that international air fare is usually better with EZ Air, along with the benefits of the fare being flexible/changeable.

Please keep in mind that:

EZ Air does not turn the booking over to the airlines until it is ticketed, either at final payment or 45 days prior.  You can still log in and do everything with the booked airlines.  You can request early ticketing, but that will lock in your fare.

Often times, EZ Air has no control of the airlines making changes to equipment or schedules.  I often have a flight changed due to the airlines making these adjustment.  Be diligent and keep a watchful eye on your account.  It will have big red letters if there are changes.  Sometimes, they send you/TA a notice.

EZ Air will work with you.  Just be patient.  It takes them time.  To be on the safe side, I would book an overnight stay incoming.  This time I have days booked at both ends.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, NavyVeteran said:

The guarantee to get you on the ship at the next port may not apply on an Alaska cruise. I assume your Seattle Alaska cruise is a round trip with a stop in Victoria on the last day. Because of the PVSA, you can't embark at an Alaska port and disembark in Seattle. The only way they could legally put you on the ship at the next port would be for you to disembark at Victoria, and that would be dependent on Canada allowing it.

I have a back up plan just in case so, not to worry!  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, So_Tweetie said:

I hope that's true with United as well! 

Pull up your reservation on united.com using your PNR.  Your free baggage allowance will be detailed there.  At least one free check bag is usually included in for international flights.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

Pull up your reservation on united.com using your PNR.  Your free baggage allowance will be detailed there.  At least one free check bag is usually included in for international flights.

When checking EZair flights there is a link for “Baggage Fees” which takes me directly to the airline’s website to view their baggage policy.

• Like 1

I just booked a one-stop Flexible EZair Economy flight from LAX to Brisbane for only $547/pp.

That’s the same price we paid in 2009 for a 2 stop routing from LAX to Sydney. Premium Economy has generally been double of Economy but is now nearly quadruple…more demand than supply.

• Like 2

Economy seat prices may be a great deal if booked through EzAir. But when we compare refundable Delta Comfort+ seat prices, especially on overseas flights, they are usually around $800+ per person cheaper than EzAir if we book them directly with Delta.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, So_Tweetie said:

We have airline employee flight benefits so usually book directly

Haven't yet found a International flight that could beat my Interline benefits.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Economy seat prices may be a great deal if booked through EzAir. But when we compare refundable Delta Comfort+ seat prices, especially on overseas flights, they are usually around $800+ per person cheaper than EzAir if we book them directly with Delta.

That’s great…for PE flying Downunder it’s about 20% more than directly booking a non-refundable ticket through an airline which lacks all of the Flexible EZair options.

• Like 2

Back in 2019 we flew from SMF (Sacramento) to LHR. We had to fly economy so I wanted to try Virgin Atlantic as they have better seating and perks. No matter where I checked the cheapest flights I could find were more than $5,000 per person - one way. It was crazy. I checked EZ Air and got the exact same flights for $500 per person - slightly less than 10% of any other quote I could find. Needless to say we jumped on it.

Having flown from Melbourne, AU to SFO last year in Premium Economy we will never fly that far in cattle class again. The difference in comfort and service was phenomenal. Less than Business Class but so very much better than Standard Economy. It costs more but is soooooooooo worth it for us. We will likely be booking flights to SNN (Shannon in Ireland) for next year and will definitely be checking out EZ Air pricing for that flight. I'm sure it won't be as fantastic a deal as we got back in 2019 (nothing is that great anymore) but I doubt we will find better pricing anywhere and the convenience and ability to change or refare with no cost is a great perk. (We will also be able to include the price of the flights in the price of the cruise tour and pay for everything using discounted Princess gift cards purchased through AARP.)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Astro Flyer said:

That’s great…for PE flying Downunder it’s about 20% more than directly booking a non-refundable ticket through an airline which lacks all of the Flexible EZair options.

My bad…a direct airline PE booking is about 20% more than Flexible EZair.

• Like 1

My advice with EZAir is to create an account on the airline website. Sign up to receive flight notifications from the airline. We have had many flight changes made by airlines. Everything from departure and arrival times to flight number changes.

• Like 2

I had booked EZ Air back in February.   Upon reading this thread I decided to check prices again.   I was able to re-fare my EZ Air and saved $435 dollars!    Same flights, same seats.  I guess it pays to check every so often.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Daisyloo said:

We have had great deals booking through the cruise line in the past, but not for our trip this summer.  It was quite a bit more to book through the cruise line than booking direct with the airline.  About $500 each.   So it always pays to look and compare.

I coudn't agree more. EZ Air was initially $500pp HIGHER than purchasing tickets through the airline website; as of last week EZ Air is running almost $1500pp higher than the tickets we purchased through the airline.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, rjack22 said:

I had booked EZ Air back in February.   Upon reading this thread I decided to check prices again.   I was able to re-fare my EZ Air and saved $435 dollars!    Same flights, same seats.  I guess it pays to check every so often.

Wow! I was under the impression that the current EZ booking would have to be cancelled and then rebooked. But you were able to "re-fare" and keep everything else as is. 👍

Edited by IrieBajan54
bold

10 hours ago, rjack22 said:

How awesome, so glad to hear it!

We are booked on a flight from SAN to SGP on Singapore airline in Business Class using EZAir.   Fare is was $3519pp one way when we booked.   Looking today the same flights are $7512 pp.  definitely pays to use EZair. 
Always use the EZair for international business class flights.0