Food Preferences - what would you like to see improved????

skiiergirl

Ok all, let's play nice here....No need to criticize another poster...just list YOUR likes/dislikes.

We all have different tastes..some national and some regional! I think we can all agree that there are some things RC does really well and some things that need definite improvement!!!! (And we may have totally opposing viewpoints on any particular item.) I'm sure there are things that I think are nasty...but if I have never tried it I shouldn't criticize based on names or looks!

No need to talk nutrition either as again we are all different. All of our bodies process food differently. What might be good for one person might not have the same affect/effect on another person's body/weight.

What would you like to see changed or added to the RC menu and/or buffet offerings?

I'll start....

1. I agree that the biscuits and gravy offered in the WJ on most ships is nasty! (looks and taste) I agree with OP in another thread...if they are going to serve it they should train the staff to prepare it properly!!! I would love to see them serve authentic southern biscuits and gravy not only in the WJ but also have it as a menu item in the MDR and specialty restaurants for those that qualify for the specialty restaurant breakfast.

2. Would love to have them bring back:

a. Vidalia Onion Tart in MDR

b. Green Beans in Chops

c. Lyonnaise potatoes in Chops

d. Assorted breads in MDR (cornbread, banana bread, etc)

3. Would love to have them offer fresh, hot, variety of bagels (blueberry, strawberry, cinnamon, sun-dried tomato, etc).

4. Breakfast burritos or offer warm tortillas to make your own breakfast burrito

5. Get rid of the Mojo, Shiitake, and Arugula menus! These need to be removed and completely replaced.

I'm sure there is more I am just not thinking of at the moment. These are the items at the top of my "RC food revamp wish list".

What about you? (Again....YOUR likes/dislikes....no need to criticize other people's likes/dislikes.)

Edited by skiiergirl

I would like to see a better quality cut of steak on the MDR menu that you dont have to pay extra for and the ability to get a Prime steak in Chops for the 35.00. NOT 35.00 + the upcharge fee for a steak. If Carnival can serve a USDA Prime steak in their steakhouses for 35.00 then most certainly RCI should be able to as well.

Edited by ryano

Better desserts.

YES Bob, I agree !!! I miss the Scallops Risotto and real donuts, especially at the early morning coffee bar on the ships without the promenade café. I also am not a fan of duck, lamb, and fish so the new menus are very limiting for me but I won't starve.

I would like to see a better quality cut of steak on the MDR menu that you dont have to pay extra for and the ability to get a Prime steak in Chops for the 35.00. NOT 35.00 + the upcharge fee for a steak. If Carnival can serve a USDA Prime steak in their steakhouses for 35.00 then most certainly RCI should be able to as well.

What??!!! An up charge in a Speciality Restaurant!!!

You took the words (or the beef) right out of my mouth!:D