Which new destinations would you like?

Presto2

Have just come back from a fabulous cruise to the Eastern Med and Greek Islands on the "Beautiful Celebrity Silhouette" (as they say!) :)

While on board we were thinking that it would be great if, instead of the same itineraries that many cruisers have tried before, that they tried something slightly different. Nothing major - just something in the same area that would be new to people who have been before.

We thought that it would be great if they considered sailing from Athens to give us the chance to do a few nights there pre / post sailing and then a cruise that would touch on various ports in Turkey and not just Kusadasi. (There are places like PamukLale Cotton Castles, Marmaris, Fethiye, Olu Deniz, Troy and Side to see etc etc)

This could also include a stop over in Cyprus which is a beautiful island with so many places of interest.

Another one is the Canary Islands - no other cruise lines does this in the August months --- the Eclipse tends to do the same itineraries as P&O in the Summer --- why not try something new?

Just wondering if anyone else has any more ideas of other places that Celebrity could add to their cruise itineraries - perhaps not for now but, say in 2015.

:)

Edited by Presto2

Anything out of the east coast or the Great Lakes. It is closer to home and I can drive to the port instead of flying in the cattle cars.

I go many for the cruise experience and the destination is just a bonus.

Edited by miched

A Baltic or or Northern Europe in late fall, there are itineraries I would love to do, but not in summer with the crowds on land & kids on the ship.

Keep a ship doing the Med into mid december, & have a TA over the Christmas/New Years holidays, I think that would be a hot seller.

I would like to see a Celebrity ship in Europe over the winter months November to April.

Next year most of the TA's are in October. There is no European cruise for November.

Since I work in the tourist industry May to October is much more difficult for me to take a holiday, since Im not a fan of hot weather (too accustomed to the cold in The Highlands!) the Carribean isn't as attractive a place as it might be :)

Africa and the Isles such as Mauritius, departing Perth AU. Also I have seen a cruise (a section of a world cruise operated by P) that boards in NY sails to ports in Caribbean, Panama Canal, Quito and Lima in Peru for Machu Pichu, Easter and Pitcairn Islands, Tahiti, Pago, Pago, Samoa, Auckland and then Sydney. Its is a bit of a hike with 38 nights but maybe some of the ports could be skipped to make it shorter and more affordable. Love to do something a little different with X across the Pacific and getting a taste of South America.

We took a cruise to the Canaries in February on board the Independence of the Seas. Out of Southampton. The weather was really pleasant. I'd love to see the Eclipse stay on in the UK to do a cruise like that.

Brazil would be fantastic.

Tahiti roundtrip from Honolulu even better.

And call me crazy but I'd love more pacific coast cruises from San Francisco or Vancouver focusing on San Fran, Astoria, etc.

I'd also love some NYC or FLA roundtrips focusing on Charleston, Savannah and heck throw in Bermuda too.

Anything out of the east coast or the Great Lakes. It is closer to home and I can drive to the port instead of flying in the cattle cars.

I go many for the cruise experience and the destination is just a bonus.

Can cruise ships (especially the larger ones) fit through the Welland Canal ??

I would like more west coast cruises. I would like one that cruises from San Diego to San Francisco and back on a regular basis. I would also be interested in the longer circle Hawaii cruise, but in the S class ships. (I am very nervous doing transatlantics or transpacifics in older ships.) I don't want more cruises to or out of Vancouver (Unless it is round trip to San Diego.)

Anything out of the east coast or the Great Lakes. It is closer to home and I can drive to the port instead of flying in the cattle cars. I go many for the cruise experience and the destination is just a bonus.

This is certainly something that would be of interest to us for a May/June cruise on a Celebrity ship.

LuLu

~~~

A partial Panama Canal transit similar to Princess's. We're elite on Celebrity, but are jumping ship to Princess for this itinerary because we don't have the time to take a full canal transit. We like to take a cruise every January, and are getting bored with the Celebrity Caribbean itineraries.

We are also very bored with the Celebrity Caribbean itineraries (I know, first world problem - poor me:D). Due to vacation days available, we are limited to Caribbean, Alaska or west coast so we end up at the same ports over and over and over. See what happened when Century added a couple new Caribbean posts? It sold out like a fire sale. I know Alaska is more limited, but how about a stop in Sitka - love it!! Or add a couple BC ports to Alaska Inside Passage and make a few 10 day IP cruises. Also like the idea of more west coastal cruises. And could we drop down to some of the Mexico ports now? Maybe some are not yet safe, but how about Cabo or maybe Puerto Vallarta??

We love to cruise in Europe, but don't like to go to the same ports over and over again. We would love to see cruises that include lots of ports between Amsterdam or Southampton and Barcelona or Rome. There have been a few repositioning cruises like this, but nothing on a regular basis. Ports could include those in France, Monaco, Spain, Portugal, Belgium, Germany and Italy.

A Baltic or or Northern Europe in late fall, there are itineraries I would love to do, but not in summer with the crowds on land & kids on the ship.

Keep a ship doing the Med into mid december, & have a TA over the Christmas/New Years holidays, I think that would be a hot seller.

I would like to see a Celebrity ship in Europe over the winter months November to April.

Next year most of the TA's are in October. There is no European cruise for November.

Since I work in the tourist industry May to October is much more difficult for me to take a holiday, since Im not a fan of hot weather (too accustomed to the cold in The Highlands!) the Carribean isn't as attractive a place as it might be :)

Yep, to both of you. One of the best Med cruises we've taken was in late January. Weather in Egypt was perfect. Leaving Malta at night and seeing all the lights was one of the most beautiful sights I've seen.

You avoid the people and the heat.

I would also like to see a northern route trans atlantic in the fall.