Infinity

lovetocruiseinvirginia

We are planning a trip next Sept on Infinity. I read so many poor reviews, anyone got any thoughts on the ship and its condition? Thank you

Reviews are just a whole bunch of personal opinions...

No doubt your pst here will get similar responses.

I find the same situation you are in when I look at CCs sister website TripAdvisor for Accommodations - Attractions - and Restaurants

When I cannot see the forest for the trees it is always good to know that Statistics usually hold up better than words do

And like TripAdvisor CC has such a system in place as well for numerical statistic based ratings

Check out the CC Ship Review Pg for The Infinity. It has the Professional CC written Review as well as links to all those who have written one on CC

But it aso has gathered numerical data from each Reviewer that it continually monitors / updates

As of today ~ September 28, 2015

The Infinity has 731 CC Reviews, and an overall rating of 4 Stars out of 5, with 77% of Pax loving it.

You will find ratings out of 5 for a variety of individual categories as well (Dining - Public Rooms - Cabins - Entertainment - Spa & Fitness - Family / Children - etc)

Also the latest CDC Score for the ship is 97%

http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=196

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Ps... If you have a ship or two you know you like it might be useful to look up their ratings for comparative reasons to determine your own personal standards on a numerical basis

Example when I look at Hotels, I know that I want a Hotel that is 3 Stars or more... Anything less and I WILL BE DISAPPOINTED... Doesn't matter then what anyone else says about it

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

We are planning a trip next Sept on Infinity. I read so many poor reviews, anyone got any thoughts on the ship and its condition? Thank you

The Infinity is a classy ship, a lot of wood and rich colours, elegant and tasteful.

There are plenty of venues all in fine condition, if you find any faults then you really are looking for them, your on holiday, sit back and enjoy your cruise,

You will not be dissappointed. :)

I checking on the pricing for the 14 night Alaska and 17 Panama Canal trips on the Infinity and see the Alaska cruise is no longer being offered. I checked the roll calls and appears they may have chartered the Alaska trip for a convention in SF (rumor only at this point in time), so may be switching things up a bit in terms of itineraries. The Panama Canal trip seems to still be intact.

I haven't sailed on the Infinity in 3 years but loved her then. Hope she hasn't gone that far downhill. She is one of my favorite ships in any line's fleet....just the perfect size and had a great staff/crew.

Just finished 25 days on the Infinity and found nothing upsetting or disturbing about the condition of the ship or food. Would have no trouble whatsoever doing another 25 days on her. Sure it isn't as large as the solstice class so there aren't as many choices but also there aren't as many people.

We were on Infinity in June of this year and had a fantastic cruise. No problems with the conditions of the ship at all.

Hi: Must admit we've been feeling a bit concerned recently reading some unfavorable reviews of Infinity. We have cruised with Azamara and really loved their ships and staff. Seeing that you have sailed Azamara many many more times than we and had good comments on your recent trip on Infinity is comforting. We will be onboard the Infinity end of October and hoping we also will have no problems.

Hi: Must admit we've been feeling a bit concerned recently reading some unfavorable reviews of Infinity. We have cruised with Azamara and really loved their ships and staff. Seeing that you have sailed Azamara many many more times than we and had good comments on your recent trip on Infinity is comforting. We will be onboard the Infinity end of October and hoping we also will have no problems.

We never search the ship with magnifying glasses looking for stains on rugs, old furniture with scratches, etc. We cruise to enjoy ourselves and have great time. Unless there are glaring issues that spoil our time, we eat, drink, cruise, meet new friends, and enjoy our vacations. Enjoy your October cruise

I am booked on the Infinity going to Alaska 9/15. I just sent my Travel Agent an e mail asking her if that rumor is true. Hopefully, she will let me know soon. I did not hear anything about the cruise being cancelled.

I have been on the Infinity at least 8 to 10 times and love that ship. I must say it is my favorite. I try to go on it whenever possible.

Please post something on CC if you hear anymore.

Ilene

Thanks, we will definitely be following your thread. If you are booked in Aqua, we would love to hear your thoughts on Blu etc. Wishing you safe travels.

yes...A1...we managed to get one of the new rear facing cabins on deck 11. We've been in A2's on deck 9 of the infinity twice in the past year so we should be able to give a fair comparison.

yes...A1...we managed to get one of the new rear facing cabins on deck 11. We've been in A2's on deck 9 of the infinity twice in the past year so we should be able to give a fair comparison.

Yes, I now recall reading your recommendation for Deck 9 and we booked 9110 and 9112 for our friends. We had an A1 on the Summit last year, beautiful cabin and location with easy access to Sunset Bar. Our reason for A2 this cruise was DH needs a little more protection from the sun. Will be watching for your posts.

Edited by shoesonfire

Were from Oceanside counting down to Infinity 8-day Halloween EastCarib 10/27/14. It's a great ship and we're doing the new cabins on deck 11. Its great when you start in FL, do the canal and end up in San Diego. We had the corner FV twice for the canal crossing. Its open on this upcoming cruise, right now cabin #9197 as of this writing.

Have fun when you sail.

Jerry and Judy

Glad I've seen this thread!

Booked on Infinity PC, sailing in 5 weeks and although I don't take too much notice of members reviews, especially as some of them seem particularly "nitpicky", I was beginning to wonder whether the Infinity had turned into a 1* rust bucket!!! :eek:

The ship is not a rust bucket. On the contrary it is a sturdy ship. We did the Antarctic cruise in Jan 2010. During the cruise we passed through a storm with 70 knot winds (hurricane force) and 30 ft seas. It was rough but after the storm, consensus on board was this ship strong and sound. There was a bit of rust back then, but after our experience, a bit of wear is trumped by safe travel in our opinion.

We are booked to sail Infinity next spring.

We have been on the Infinity twice this year both were 14 day cruises. Got back from our last 3 weeks ago. The ship is in good shape. There is no way to avoid rust when the ship is in saltwater 365 days. Even on cold day they were painting the rails on the pool deck. We were in a C1 and A1 cabins. Had no problems with either. The food was very good to good. The executive chief was different on both trips. We like the M class ships. It never feels crowded.

We are also booked on the Sept 15 ,2015 Alaska 14 night cruise on Infiniti from SF round trip . We certainly want to take this cruise & hoping that it is not cancelled for a charter group .:rolleyes:

We did send Michael Bailey,CEO a e-mail because we can't get a straight answer from Xs offices:eek:

We enjoyed the ship itself on our April Panama Canal cruise. The ship and itinerary were outstanding. Our only issues were with 'human factors" such as MDR service and quality as well as sick passengers not coming forward for Noro-quarantine. Being under "Code Red" for twelve days out of a fifteen day cruise creates a tired crew. My blood alcohol must have been above the legal limit just from Purell skin absorption. 😀

I would do the same trip again in an instant. My wife does not want to step on board the Infinity regardless of where it's going. Now, there is a classic difference of opinion.

My guess is the passengers on the Infinity will pick up Noro again on the yearly SA/ Antarctic tours. The ship will be sanitized in FL before the Panama Canal cruises... It's just the nature of that route. Lots of adventurous dining off the ship.

Enjoy!

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Was on Infinity last month for British Isle cruise. Cruise was fantastic due to the ports but if this was my first time on Celebrity would have a hard time going back due to the food and staff in MDR. At times our head waiter acted as if this was the last place he wanted to be. Not just one or two nights but all 14 nights. Made it rather uncomfortable. We felt bad for him but sure put a damper on evening meals.