How far in advance have you found Concierge balconies to be booked?

tbmrt

While searching for a Concierge balcony for our upcoming December, 2015 cruise, we were surprised to find that most were sold out as of last month.

Is this usual or do you think it is due to the "get all 3 perks with Concierge cabins" promotion?

We found a big discrepancy in pricing for Concierge cabins for our cruise, but finally located a good deal for one with good OBC as well as the 3 Celebrity perks and location upgrade as a Captains Club member.

While searching for a Concierge balcony for our upcoming December, 2015 cruise, we were surprised to find that most were sold out as of last month.

Is this usual or do you think it is due to the "get all 3 perks with Concierge cabins" promotion?

We found a big discrepancy in pricing for Concierge cabins for our cruise, but finally located a good deal for one with good OBC as well as the 3 Celebrity perks and location upgrade as a Captains Club member.

I guess people trying to become Elite go for the points in Concierge. That's what we did and that's the only reason to book Concierge, as far as I'm concerned.

I had a similar experience. Granted, I was booking three adjacent and wanted two with a connecting door, but there were so little left we ended up C1 at the back. Splurged a little since it's a thank you cruise to the grandparents and sharing those balconies will be extra nice. They book fast!

It depends on the cruise and promotions.

All cc and above cabins were booked within a few weeks for the 2017 Mardi Gras cruise. I think a lot had to do with the all in prop plus the over night stay in NOLA. Why book a veranda that is only a few hundred cheaper when you can more than make up for the difference in perks by being in a cc or higher? I booked a AQ2 upgraded to AQ1 at the into price with the all in promo. Verandas are now listed at $500 pp more than what I paid and there is only the choice of 1 perk.

I like the promos and if it wasn't for them I wouldn't have cruised as much as I have or have as many future cruises booked.

happy cruisng 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Must be the 123Go thing...

Twice in the past few years, we've UPGRADED ourselves to Concierge Class on longer Europe cruises within the last couple of months before the cruise when they've dropped the price due to the things NOT selling out...and both times, we were able to snag prime Concierge "hump" cabins...

They, typically, hadn't been big movers since the cabin is, basically, the same as the standard verandas and few people were willing to pay the large price differential for a bottle of cheap champagne, a nicer shower head and fruit in the room...

So, what we did, in the past, was to book a standard balcony, then wait for the expected price drop on Concierge until it got close to our standard baclony cost--then move if there was one of those larger balcony concierge cabins available...and that strategy worked twice...but in the days before the 123Go thing...

It all boils down to how popular or how limited the sailings are for a particular itinerary. I have been monitoring Bermuda sailings for 2015 and 2016. There was around a $200 price drop for CC on the 2015 sailings this week. However the price was for Guarantee. The all inclusive still applies. The price has dropped to what I am paying for 2016 in a C2 (was upgraded from C3 per Captains Club) The difference being I have my choice of room.

The first of December we booked the June 21 Constellation from Venice to Rome. Took a C3 Concierge class midship. The price has gone up several hundred dollars and very few CC cabins are still available. I know that may change after final payment is due, but I'm happy with what we have.

I have a cruise in november, January 2016 and Feb 2017 booked, and these 3 all have all concierges gone, and 2 have al AQ and suites already gone.

I was debating in another thread recently with another poster about the fact that the all-in 123 is causing Concierge and AQ to sell faster, he wouldn't concede the point, glad to see that others are seeing this phenomenon as well and I wasn't crazy LOL.

Sure it varies cruise to cruise, but there is no doubt in my mind the intent with the all-in is to book the concierge cabins faster which had become sort of the no-man's land between veranda and Aqua with little real significance, other than location for some.

Certainly the price of Concierge cabins is generally up, which makes sense in that the value of the 3 perks is worth real money, free gratuities and OBC are real cash one would pay out anyway, and people can debate the "value of drinks packages" depending on how much one drinks. But for a 7 day cruise, the value of these 3 things is around $1000, so so long as a concierge cabin os only about $1000 more than last year, in effect, it's really the same fare (again can debate value of Beverages packages)

Near-in bookings, 123 won't apply so one would expect to see concierges open still on those itineraries.

Edited by cle-guy

We booked our upcoming C3 this past October, but weren't planning to book a CC at the time. We normally just book regular balcony cabins. It wasn't because of the additional perks that we booked it. It was actually cheaper at the time to book our C3 through our TA then it was to book an unobstructed verandah. Go figure! ;) But hey, we're sure not complaining. I know that most ppl say that it's not worth it to upgrade to a CC, however, when it's included for a lesser price, it's pretty darn sweet!

The countdown is on:D

Was on the Reflection last Nov. when the 123 All-inclusive rolled out. I had recently made a C2 reservation on a 4/16 Eclipse sailing and there were plenty of cc cabins available. Emailed my TA, cancelled that booking, waited two days and then made an onboard booking for the same cabin with the 123AI for only $50 more, plus I received a $300 onboard booking credit. Today, three months later, there are only 2 CC cabins available on that sailing and the price has increased by 40% ($800 per person). This is clearly the result of the 123AI promotion. Also, while I typically only book one cruise ahead, I took advantage of the promotion to book a total of 4 future cruises, all in cc. The pricing and cc cabin availability on all four cruises have behaved similarly.

Hi Everyone,

While on Equinox last week, I booked an April 2017 sailing, and could not get the Concierge location we generally like. It's way too soon to be concerned as something may open up. Besides, any day on a cruise ship is better than a day at work :)

FWIW, I absolutely think that at least on some sailings, the current 123 GO "All In" promo is causing an increase in Concierge bookings. On some sailings, its only a few hundred dollars more than a veranda, and you are picking up more perks. Of course, some sailings are a great deal higher in price, and it may not make as much sense. With that said, it always pays to check all levels of pricing - especially during promos like this.

Hope this helps !

Hi Everyone,

While on Equinox last week, I booked an April 2017 sailing, and could not get the Concierge location we generally like. It's way too soon to be concerned as something may open up. Besides, any day on a cruise ship is better than a day at work :)

FWIW, I absolutely think that at least on some sailings, the current 123 GO "All In" promo is causing an increase in Concierge bookings. On some sailings, its only a few hundred dollars more than a veranda, and you are picking up more perks. Of course, some sailings are a great deal higher in price, and it may not make as much sense. With that said, it always pays to check all levels of pricing - especially during promos like this.

Hope this helps !

Sometimes very few bucks more! Round the Horn in March 2017 C2 (CC upgrade from C3) was only £20pp more than 2C and £50pp cheaper than 2B. Almost the same for 2016 Christmas and New Year Abu Dhabi-India-Abu Dhabi with C3 only £60pp more than 2B, so I splurged a whole £160pp over 2B and snagged a C1 aft:D. Both these cruises still have good Concierge availabilty but it not surprising if the really popular routes are selling out fast.

I am really annoyed with myself, booked a Feb 2016 cruise

On the Eclipse but only held the extra large 1A balcony

when we decided the next day to go for the Aqua

the price had gone up £400 per person

Should have held both cabins. Lesson learnt.

But hey how am being convinced to like the 1a

😜😜🌞

Booked AQ2 the first week the Mardi Gras itinerary (Feb 20, 2017!) came out. It sold out within a month I believe. Last I heard the veranda price is now $700 higher than what I paid for Aqua. Am a big believer in the 123Go promo. Next cruise is the April TA that does not include the promo and lots of extra decisions are having to be made there -$750 to $$900 for a beverage package... per person? Sure wish the 123Go wasincluded on TAs. Looking at all carte, and probably less drinking, now. Anyway, Aqua class and Conseirge classes sold out over two years in advance.

All very interesting. Tell me, am I the only one who can't find the cruises for 2017?

Help! Please.

If the dates aren't shown plug in the latest date shown and next your way through the pages. Or plug in the ship, if you have a preferred ship in mind, and do the same by going to the last page and working your way back. Both have worked for me.

Next cruise is the April TA that does not include the promo and lots of extra decisions are having to be made there -$750 to $$900 for a beverage package... per person? Sure wish the 123Go wasincluded on TAs. Looking at all carte, and probably less drinking, now. Anyway, Aqua class and Conseirge classes sold out over two years in advance.

I did Eclipse TA last 2 years .

1st year I paid for package, 2nd I did not.

For me I find as the cruise goes on longer, I find myself imbibing less and less on drinks, alcohol or others, so end of the day, I saved a lot of money buying as I went. Add into that the opportunities for freebies (captains club events etc). along the way, it makes the decision so much easier.

(i'm also booked on the Mardi Gras cruise!)

Edited by cle-guy