Celebrity Constellation - How do you find out if a large group is booked on your crui

LuckyDogsV&E

I would like to find out if a large group is booked on my cruise next year. It seems strange that the March 14, 2016 Constellation is already booked out. It is a little less than a year away. I know it is over Spring Break but so are other dates in March and they are not booked. Also I have not been able to find a roll call for it. How would I find out if a large group is booked?

Vie

I am not sure how to see if a big group is booked, but you can see if it is a themed cruise by using Theme Cruise Finder website (google it)

Our roll call for August is extraordinarily quiet, so I am wondering if there is a large group booked like yourselves.

Edited by louise1809

There is no efficient way to see if your cruise has a large group on it, and Celebrity will not tell you if there is a large group on any cruise.

But there is a Roll Call for this cruise, albeit a very quiet one

That being said, I would call Celebrity and make sure that the ship has not been chartered. Having a very quiet Roll Call and seeing that the ship is fully booked, those are sometimes sign of a charter that they failed to tell you about. Not trying to alarm you, but it has happened in the past.

By the way, that is pi day, so be sure to celebrate while you are on board!

Edited by cruisestitch

Both of the above posters are correct, there is really no efficient way to find out if there are large groups on the ship. You can do a google check but that is definitely hit or miss but you may get lucky. There are a couple of websites out there but the ones I have seen require you to go through maybe 100 affinity groups for your check one by one. Even doing that is not usually successful.

I would just for the heck of it, check the roll calls for the weeks before and after, occasionally you get lucky with somebody mentioning something.

Some colleges and/or college groups book space in bulk during spring breaks. There is almost no way to find out if any of these groups have booked a block of space on your cruise....celebrity won't tell you anything and they don't seem to appear on Google searches.

In general, cruising during "spring break" comes with it's own set of risks....groups or not. This is especially true of shorter 4/5 night cruises.

This is about the same time period that the much discussed "Constellation taken over by rude drunken college students cruise" took place this year. I would be wary.

I am booked on the March 28, 2016 Constellation 5 day. I know there will be lots of high-schoolers and families but am not concerned

Thanks everyone for your response. I have tried the Theme Cruise thing and could not find out anything. Having the problems stated this past year does have me concerned. I only booked because some friends have booked and asked us to go. She is a TA and just says it is just booked up. We have gone on a Celebrity cruise last year over the same time period but it was a 7 Day. No problem then. I think I will probably go ahead and cancel.

Go move and taking it one step further ....... March is definitely a great month not to cruise!!

I've sailed dozens of times in March, and cannot recall a bad experience. Clearly, you've had different experiences than I have.

One reason could be that We generally sail on longer (10+ night) sailings. Perhaps they attract less groups than shorter sailings.

Edited by Host Andy

I've sailed dozens of times in March, and cannot recall a bad experience. Clearly, you've had different experiences than I have.

One reason could be that We generally sail on longer (10+ night) sailings. Perhaps they attract less groups than shorter sailings.

Short cruise...spring break..... I rest my case :)

Agree Andy, with the longer 10+nights cruises not too many Spring Breakers will book those, there usually only down for the 4 to 7 nighters.

Edited by Shake

One reason may be that sometimes Celebrity sells a package to Canadians that includes airfare/cruise. They will block a certain amount of cabins, push them thru TA's in Canada for several months and then anything left over suddenly comes on the market towards the end of the summer/fall time.

There are "groups" on EVERY sailing...every single one. No worries!

You are correct, many of those groups are 30-50... maybe a family or I did one that was a bunch of VFW members. I think when you get over 300-500 though you are now in an area that the group can take over the cruise and although the cruise line should give notice to others they never will.

I phoned Celebrity and the rep has confirmed that this cruise on the March 14! 2016 is sold out. I know some colleges have spring break , but not all. The complaints from this year about the spring breakers seemed to be about a group of rowdy kids but not the whole boat. There are other 5 night cruises before and after this one that are not sold out. Why this one?

Maybe it's a group devoted to PI day 3.14 I knew there were others out there.

There's plenty of time before next year and I'm leaning toward taking a chance that I will fit in with whatever group is going. Turning back the clock to college is a stretch though.

I might book another cruise on board this year just as a precaution.

I phoned Celebrity and the rep has confirmed that this cruise on the March 14! 2016 is sold out. I know some colleges have spring break , but not all. The complaints from this year about the spring breakers seemed to be about a group of rowdy kids but not the whole boat. There are other 5 night cruises before and after this one that are not sold out. Why this one?

Maybe it's a group devoted to PI day 3.14 I knew there were others out there.

There's plenty of time before next year and I'm leaning toward taking a chance that I will fit in with whatever group is going. Turning back the clock to college is a stretch though.

Many times groups book the entire ship. For example, we sail February 16, 2016, and the week prior the cruise is booked by a CLOTHING OPTIONAL group. We have been joking on our roll call about packing antibacterail wipes.

We are booked on this particular cruise as well. I'm afraid that we might get a call saying that the ship is chartered and we will need to make alternate arrangements (I'm actually expecting this). This happened to us already this year for a cruise on the Summit next March during the exact same week which this cruise on the Connie is replacing. Exact same thing happened...disappeared from the X website, X agent on the phone told us one thing, and then got a call a few weeks later saying something completely different (ship was chartered). I don't think they know much at the call centres.

I wouldn't be surprised if this happens again. Mind you, I will be very upset, as this is our second re-booking. We need to sail that particular week.

On another note, Spring Break is not a big issue. We did this same cruise last month and we didn't notice a difference (however the key may be booking into suites with very large balconies and using the Michael's bar as opposed to the Martini Bar...). Most of the Spring Breakers don't travel suites. ;-)

Shawn

"Spring break is not a big issue"?????? I never thought that until the infamous March 7 Connie cruise of this year which I sailed. Believe me, it was indeed a big issue and I would never, ever, ever, ever want to be on a cruise like that again!!!

Have had no problems with 7 day Spring Break cruises with a mix of children and teens of all ages. But a ship literally 50%+ full of college students and a complimentary drink package?!? We have a different definition of issue I think:)

"Spring break is not a big issue"?????? I never thought that until the infamous March 7 Connie cruise of this year which I sailed. Believe me, it was indeed a big issue and I would never, ever, ever, ever want to be on a cruise like that again!!!

Have had no problems with 7 day Spring Break cruises with a mix of children and teens of all ages. But a ship literally 50%+ full of college students and a complimentary drink package?!? We have a different definition of issue I think:)

No it wasn't for us. Sorry you had a bad experience. ;)

We didn't notice any disruption on the March 16th sailing this year (and believe me, if there was something to take note of, we are the type that would).

As I said, we don't hang around the pool on sea days and we almost exclusively use Michael's as our bar/lounge of choice.

Shawn