Cleaning of rooms

blakeamy

Slightly off topic, but on my first cruise back in 2003 when I put the luggage under the bed I found a mens slipper. Just one and very used and inexpensive....still remember to this day.:evilsmile:

:'):')

Slightly off topic, but on my first cruise back in 2003 when I put the luggage under the bed I found a mens slipper. Just one and very used and inexpensive....still remember to this day.:evilsmile:

I'd rather have found that than any number of other unmentionables....

Remember the thread about the lady who was mad the steward left a toilet brush for her to clean her own toilet?

Yes. A true classic, something to the effect of "I don't go on vacation to clean my own toilet", and several people trying to convince her that it was not there for her to use.

Also, place me in the group of people who bring lysol wipes and go to town when they first get in the cabin, including wiping out the air vents. Yes, I then check the bed for bed bugs and pour a couple cups of water down the bathroom floor drain. Then I'm on vacation.

I once got SO sick (sinus infection/coughing) on a cruise in an interior cabin. I felt so bad knowing someone was going to come into my room hours after I had spent days coughing and blowing my nose. Since then, I always travel with Lysol and wipes! I'm not overly weird about germs but that experience made me more cautious. Oh and I also always travel with meds now too!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Another prime example of " If you look for trouble, you will find trouble".

I for one have never experienced a dirty room, but I never really looked that close. I been on enough cruise's and different cruise lines to know what to expect. If you ask me I think all of them are pretty clean, sure there is always hidden germs and such but im not gonna be a worry wart about it..... I'M ON VACATION lol

I've never had a problem with the cleanliness of the cabins. I don't carry wipes with me. I would expect a quick request to the steward would take care of any issues if they do arise.

Not saying that it did not happen, but in our 35+ Carnival cruises (almost 40 overall) we have never experienced that either. We also would expect to have it taken care of promptly.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On my very first cruise I found a giant hair clip in the kickspace under the vanity. That was also the cruise they placed our luggage in the wrong cabin.

On my very first cruise I found a giant hair clip in the kickspace under the vanity. That was also the cruise they placed our luggage in the wrong cabin.

Maybe they did not want the luggage to get dirty in the kick space (not sure what a kick space is).

Do you ever wonder how well they actually clean the rooms between guests? Our room was ready when we boarded, but the toilet was visibly dirty. Our room was serviced that night, and yet the toilet remained visibly dirty. We finally met the room steward the next day, and we told him about the urine drips and the curly black hair. He didn't seem at all surprised or apologetic, he just said he would take care of it. I wonder what else he neglected to clean. I have lost my faith in the cabin stewards and will start packing my own Lysol spray and Clorox wipes.

We also bring clorox scrubs, lysol, and disinfectant wipes and I wipe down/ scrub the cabin when we get in. So if you get my cabin next it is pretty clean! ;p

I had to jump all over my steward on my last cruise and then go over his head to Guest Services. They got right on it, but it still took them over two hours to clean up the chalk outline and blood stains from our balcony.

Maybe they did not want the luggage to get dirty in the kick space (not sure what a kick space is).

A kickspace is that little area under your floor cabinets, where your toes go.

I had to jump all over my steward on my last cruise and then go over his head to Guest Services. They got right on it, but it still took them over two hours to clean up the chalk outline and blood stains from our balcony.

You're kidding right? If not, please elaborate.