The legacy of Lisa Lutloff-Perlo

Mynki

In your opinion, is Lisa Lutloff-Perlo having a positive or a negative effect on Cele  

284 members have voted

1. 1. In your opinion, is Lisa Lutloff-Perlo having a positive or a negative effect on Cele

• Positive
    • Negative

I think a lot of the strategy was in place and is continuing after her arrival.

I have mixed feelings about X at the moment. Sometimes I think I want to break up.

The all inclusive suite experience turned out to be not so great for us, I do not like having to prove the benefits I have and wait for them to agree to give them to me again.

With so many rapid changes it takes a bit for the info to get downstream, why I am not sure, I guess each ship is like a country and X is like the UN and gives suggestions to them they may or may not comply with.

Michael,

Sounds like a bit of been there and done that.

Does familiarity breed contempt?

That exactly what I was thinking when I read his post.

Sounds like it's time for him to change things up and try something new. That's what works for me. I get tired of the sameness when cruising the same line over and over.

That exactly what I was thinking when I read his post.

Sounds like it's time for him to change things up and try something new. That's what works for me. I get tired of the sameness when cruising the same line over and over.

And that's exactly what we are doing. We are keeping our Arabian cruise on Celebrity for next Xmas because the itinerary is so good and we booked with friends. But after that, we are booked all the way through early 2019 with no Celebrity cruises, which is a first for us. Yes, the product has cheapened and is now appealing to a less-sophisticated crowd, but we also need a change after so much repetitiveness. It's just taken me a while to convince my other half to give up the Elite+ perks lol

Michael

I think we should give her one more year to show us how we can pay more for the cruise and get less for it. Being Elite+, and cruise with Celebrity on average about 30 days a year, 29 days booked for 2016 and none with X. Just have to see what 2017 will bring...

Edited by ISABELLA

The legacy of LLP should be viewed as negative.

She doesn’t care about what guests say, her only goal, which is stated often, is to raise the prices of everything onboard, and the cost of the overall cruise. It is very difficult to think of anything positive that she has done, besides bring pillow chocolates back.

Remember the email address that Mr. Bayley had for reaching him – LLP even promised to create one during a CruiseCritic chat, and it still doesn’t exist.

The website, which has always been a joke, still continues to be terrible.

She doesn’t care about what guests say, her only goal, which is stated often, is to raise the prices of everything onboard, and the cost of the overall cruise.

Could you give me the link to that comment by her, I have done an internet and Cruise Critic search and can not find it.

Thanks in advance, your help is very appreciated.

EW

Could you give me the link to that comment by her, I have done an internet and Cruise Critic search and can not find it.

Thanks in advance, your help is very appreciated.

EW

Hi there,

Apologies, but I do not have a source for this information that I can link to.

Hi there,

Apologies, but I do not have a source for this information that I can link to.

Can you recall where you heard/read it? I do seem to remember that Mr. Bayley said something to that effect at some of industry meeting, which now seems to have come to fruition. Perhaps that is what you recall?

Edited by richsea

Can you recall where you heard/read it? I do seem to remember that Mr. Bayley said something to that effect at some of the ndustry meeting. Perhaps that is what you recall?

I was on the President's Cruise, and it was stated many times. Especially when guests were asking why prices are more expensive when they book early, and when prices drop why they are unable to take advantage of the new pricing (after final payment.)

Poll choices of "don't know" or "undecided" should have been included. Legacy after one year isn't the right wording... Is she doing a good job for shareholders? She seems to receive some misogynistic comments from some posters here (e.g., "Goddess" [whatever that refers to] and "Madame" CEO [doubtful a male CEO would receive an equivalent extra title...]).

Edited by X-elite

I was on the President's Cruise, and it was stated many times. Especially when guests were asking why prices are more expensive when they book early, and when prices drop why they are unable to take advantage of the new pricing (after final payment.)

Here is the issue. So many still book onboard and early. Why should they change their policy? If you know that they won't honor price drops, book at 60 days. Here on CC folks book cruises as soon as they open up, which I can't really understand but to each their own.

Also her job is to answer to the stock owners and to show the biggest profit she can.

Here is the issue. So many still book onboard and early. Why should they change their policy? If you know that they won't honor price drops, book at 60 days. Here on CC folks book cruises as soon as they open up, which I can't really understand but to each their own.

Also her job is to answer to the stock owners and to show the biggest profit she can.

Booking as soon as a cruise is released is often a good idea. You really need to consider the popularity of the cruise. For example, I booked the Mardi Gras cruise for 2017 the first day. Got a favorite cabin at a good price since it is now 3 times the price I paid and good cabins are long gone. Booked Tokyo for 2018 and expect that to sell out quickly at lower prices than 2 years from now. Of course that cruise has been turned into a Charter in the past and may happen again.

Have you ever had an aft corner balcony? Do you think they are ever available at 60 days? That's why people book early!

Booking as soon as a cruise is released is often a good idea. You really need to consider the popularity of the cruise. For example, I booked the Mardi Gras cruise for 2017 the first day. Got a favorite cabin at a good price since it is now 3 times the price I paid and good cabins are long gone. Booked Tokyo for 2018 and expect that to sell out quickly at lower prices than 2 years from now. Of course that cruise has been turned into a Charter in the past and may happen again.

Your right about that Mardi Gras cruise! First time I booked a cruise as soon as it came to the captains club members early release. Cabins are out of control (whats left) and most of us booked with the 123Go with a much better price then go big,better ect... As for LLP I think if you cruise in a suite you probably think she's doing a great job. I think she is ignoring the rest of us...

Have you ever had an aft corner balcony? Do you think they are ever available at 60 days? That's why people book early!

But then folks shouldn't complain about the fare. They want top of the line accommodations but with rock bottom pricing. If one wants that corner aft, by all means go for it two years in advance but don't begrudge those who book cabins in less stellar locations from getting a bargain.

But then folks shouldn't complain about the fare. They want top of the line accommodations but with rock bottom pricing. If one wants that corner aft, by all means go for it two years in advance but don't begrudge those who book cabins in less stellar locations from getting a bargain.

If it's an itinerary that is popular and fills quickly, there doesn't appear to be any last minute bargains. From my experience, the price has only gone up.

Thanks, very interesting. It will be intersting to see where the high prices of the 2017-18 fares wind up as the sail dates get closer.

If it's an itinerary that is popular and fills quickly, there doesn't appear to be any last minute bargains. From my experience, the price has only gone up.

I agree. And there are several posts here on CC how to beat the system. I'm sure corporate reads all the posts and put into action how to close the loopholes in order to make a better profit

And that's exactly what we are doing. We are keeping our Arabian cruise on Celebrity for next Xmas because the itinerary is so good and we booked with friends. But after that, we are booked all the way through early 2019 with no Celebrity cruises, which is a first for us. Yes, the product has cheapened and is now appealing to a less-sophisticated crowd, but we also need a change after so much repetitiveness. It's just taken me a while to convince my other half to give up the Elite+ perks lol

Michael

Y'know, it's that kind of snobbery that had me reluctant to try Celebrity for many years. Having sailed on 2 cruises, I know now it's more the exception than the rule. I wish I had tried Celebrity years ago, but such is life.

With that said, some of the changes that are being instituted are truly not to my liking, especially the formal night changes. Also, some of the customer service aspects of the line are less than stellar and the website is a horror.

Overall, it's still a mostly enjoyable experience, but the negatives are beginning to slowly add up. And it's to the point now that my next cruise will probably be my last on Celebrity. This has less to do with "the clientele becoming more low-rent" and more to do with the all mighty bottom dollar and the "nickle & diming" of the customers.

Celebrity has changed the way the game is played. I was one of those who booked 6 months out. That was mostly due to not knowing vacation time a year plus out. However I monitored prices for a Bermuda itinerary for 2 years knowing that in 2016 I was booking a Bermuda cruise for a specific week. It's our 25th anniversary cruise. in 2014 the last minute deals after final payment and up to 2 weeks before sailing were fantastic. It even included a drink package. 2015 sailing was a different story. The prices started high compared to what I saw for 2014. As the year progressed the prices elevated. I decided to book in Nov of 2014 for May of 2016. I booked a C2 with all three perks for $200 less than they were offering for the 2015 sailing with one perk. In March of 2015 the price of my booking dropped $200 and they were still offering the 3 perks so I got the price adjusted. Now my category is sold out. I think it sold out after that March 2015 sale. The price for the least expensive Veranda for my sailing is now $140 pp more than I paid for the C2 and the C3 s is now over $200 more under the BBB pricing. It is unheard of for me to book 18months out but this time I'm glad I did. There are still some good deals last minute but not as many as in the past before all of this incentive price strategy and those who book years in advance on board are driving the price up.

Wow...to have a fellow cruiser refer to me and fellow "newbies" as part of a "less sophisticated crowd" has really set me back this morning!!! I switched to Celebrity after sailing several other lines including Cunard, Princess, NCL, Costa and RCCL. Unfortunately, I am not able to sail in a suite, which might perhaps make me a more suitable Celebrity customer according to TxnAquarian (sailing as a single makes that very cost prohibitive), but I am grateful everyday for the opportunity to take such a wonderful vacation (in Concierge class...horrors!), to see new places and make new friends. And those new friends are both seasoned Celebrity cruisers and newcomers like myself.

Sorry, that is not the topic of this thread, but could not let TxnAquarian's snarky remark go without comment.

I agree with those that say Ms. Lutloff-Perlo has not been in the position long enough for me to vote "positive" or "negative."